[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creatine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
Is this a meme?
>>
>>36231582
No. One of the most well researched most studied sports supplements there is. It works.
>>
>>36231629
Does most of /fit/ use it?
>>
>>36231676
ye
>>
>>36231582
Out of all the Creatine products I have pic related is my least favorite. I dislike it so much I just decided to start putting it inside empty pill capsules and swallowing them instead of mixing that fucking sand into my shakes.
>>
>>36231582
It works for some people, but not for everyone.

Gave it a try and it didn't have any noticeable impact on anything.
>>
>>36231816
what? don't mix it dickhead. pop a scoop in your mouth
>>
>>36231816
Don't you need a really low amount, like 3g or something? Is it that bothersome?
>>
>>36231878
5g a day, and no its not. You can't even tell it's in your drink
>>
>>36231897
After workout or doesn't matter?

Does it replace anything in your diet or just an extra?

Also is it valid if I just do bodyweight shit? pullups etc
>>
What happens if you overdose on creatine
>>
>>36232119

You turn pale white and you can see all your blue veins.
>>
>>36232119
Kidneys explode
>>
>>36231912

>After workout or doesn't matter?

Timing shouldn't matter

>Does it replace anything in your diet or just an extra?

It's a supplement for creatine already obtained through food (mostly meat). You don't need to modify your diet to take it

>Also is it valid if I just do bodyweight shit? pullups etc

There's little reason to supplement creatine if you're not doing high weight strength training. Its purpose is to maximize very short term energy supplies.
>>
>>36231878
That particular Creatine is really grainy and doesn't mix well with liquids. You can take 3-10g a day just make sure you drink a lot of water.

>>36231912
I take it whenever. I even sometimes take it while I'm working out.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 680x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 680x850
>>36232119
>>
>>36232176
Mixes perfectly fine for me, I'm just about through my first tub. Maybe you got a bad batch
>>
>>36232221
No, you got the bad batch. I have never owned a jar of creatine mono that wasn't like drinking sand-water. It's better to drink it with fruity drinks because you notice the texture less thanks to the flavor sort of distracting you.
>>
>>36232237
Creatine isn't there to slurp and enjoy you fucking goddamn pussy just put the spoon in your mouth and maybe chug a glass of water down. Jesus are you a girl?
>>
>>36232266
b8
>>
Do you have to cycle off creatine?

And also, I'm cutting right now, is there any reason to keep using the creatine? I still lift about 4 times a week to maintain muscle
>>
>>36232331
>Do you have to cycle off creatine?
No

>is there any reason to keep using the creatine?
Yes you should keep using it.

Do you fucking dyels not inform yourself when you buy a supplement?
>>
>>36231676
It's not for everyone. Made me really thirsty (maybe shit kidneys or something)
>>
No it legitimately helped me gained a little bit of lean weight - about 2kg. I can't tell if it actually gives me more stamina as claimed though.
>>
>>36232237
Maybe your whole life is just one giant pile of shit and everything you do or try is shitty
>>
All supplements are memes. All,you need is a barbell and milk
>>
>>36232331
Creatine will help you grow lean muscle, but also keep in mind that you'll retain more water when using it so you'll weigh a little bit more while you're on it.
>>
>>36232399
You're literally supposed to drink more water while on it.
>>
>>36232399
You obviously missed something there bud
>>
>>36231912
I think it is better to take it post-workout but I think it is not very important. If you eat red meat a lot you can probably skip taking creatine.

>>36231816
Made laugh a lot. I always have a hard time mixing the creatine with water.
>>
I truly believe all perceived effects are placebo, I don't think anybody gets any more benefit from lifting heavy on it than from just lifting heavy. If anything taking it may subconsciously encourage the user to lift heavier than they normally do, resulting in better results than they normally get.

>>36231629
Studies can and are designed to get a fixed set of results to encourage people to use or not use products all the time. Any corporation can pay to have a study done that will provide results in that corporation's favor.
>>
>>36233172
This seems like a lot of assumptions in one post. It's great that you feel that way but maybe next time you can tell us what proof you have to back up your claims. And just just because a scientific test can be influenced by moneyed interests doesn't mean that all scientific tests are lobbyist propaganda for people trying to sell shit.
>>
>>36232164
I do pretty intense bodyweight training, and it seems to be working so far in making me more bulked up. When I will feel I need to add weights I will.

What exactly do you mean with "maximize very short term energy supplies"?
>>
>>36232813
Does that look any different on your body? Or are you just more dense lol
>>
>>36233136
>If you eat red meat a lot you can probably skip taking creatine.

Do I look like baron Rothschild to you?
>>
>>36233708
It'd be hard to say. I obviously notice that I look more bloated as the day goes on because I'm drinking so much water, but in the mornings when I'm more dehydrated I look leaner. I think when I started using Creatine I went from 200lbs to about 205, but that could have been due to muscle gain or bad dieting. If you're going for an extreme cut (like for a contest) you might consider discontinuing the Creatine use in the week or two beforehand, but otherwise it shouldn't matter for everyday life.
>>
I stopped taking it because my shitty and unpredictable day schedule made it difficult for me to drink the recommended amount of water. I wish o didn't have to, but I don't want kidney stones in the future.
>>
>>36233790
I usually aim for a more lean look but I don't go to contests or anything

Do you drink because you're thirsty or do you have to drink that much?
>>
Creatine almost gave me kidney failure. Do not recommend.
>>
Creatine is tough on the kidneys
>>
>>36233845
If you don't drink enough water, sure.
>>
JUST TAKE 5G EVERYDAY HOLY FUCK ITS EASY.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHEN.

I PUT A ROUNDED TEASPOON IN A COFFEE MUG, FILL IT UP WITH TAP WATER AND STIR, THEN DRINK RIGHT BEFORE I SLEEP.

YES, IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36233824
It feels like the Creatine makes me thirsty, so I just make sure I drink a lot of water throughout the day. I also do ECA so I try to stay really hydrated because why the hell not? I'm drinking water pretty much constantly.
>>
>>36233995
>ECA
What's that
>>
>>36234028
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack
>>
>>36234053
Why do you do that are you fat?
>>
>>36234140
No. I like the stimulant effect and it's great for getting out of bed in the morning. It also clears up some of my nasal congestion.
>>
Creatine made my hair thin noticeably faster, so I stopped taking it.

After 2 weeks of 5g a day I was adding 10 pounds every session instead of 5, I recovered faster, and I looked fuller (not puffy), but all that isn't worth losing my hair in 20s. If you've got a genetic predisposition to balding, I wouldn't recommend it. Otherwise, 10/10.
>>
>>36234219
Does it have downsides?
>>
>>36234382
Risk of heart attack if you take too much and/or if you're not in good health. It might also give you anxiety if you're the type of person who gets anxiety from stimulants.
>>
>>36234440
I don't even know what anxiety is
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.