[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys count protein/carbs/fats ? do you sit with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: brd.jpg (166 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
brd.jpg
166 KB, 640x320
How do you guys count protein/carbs/fats ? do you sit with a paper and pen for 1 hour before meal? I dont get it...
>>
>>36228724
myfitnesspal
>>
>>36228724
Download myfitnesspal on your phone.

It literally takes 1-2 minutes to track your calories..and thata IF the meal is particularly complicated..

Prepared foods with a barcode you can just scan it using the app

Myfitnesspal keep track of macros and calories and you can even add in cardio and keep track of your weight
>>
I use myfitnesspal as well

Barcode is easy as fuck and I didn't find something yet that isn't in the database
>>
>>36228724

i've never used myfitnesspal, i use fitmacro, shit is very easy to use. I don't know if it is available in english though.
>>
What you need is to download myfitnesspal. Even has a barcode scanner.
>>
>>36228724
I use a spreadsheet.
For measurement, I have a food scale and nutrition labels.
When there's no nutrition label I either use google or wolfram alpha.
>>
You count them for a while and eventually you have all the important numbers in your head.
>>
Anyone got the Cypher pic where he's saying he doesn't see food anymore just macros in the Matrix?
>>
File: screen322x572.jpg (34 KB, 322x572) Image search: [Google]
screen322x572.jpg
34 KB, 322x572
>>36228780
>>36228724

https://itunes.apple.com/mx/app/calorie-counter-fitmacro/id979033799?l=en&mt=8
>>
I don't count macros because I only drink water and eat healthy whole foods. Therefore, everything I consume ia good for me and I eat more/less depending on whether I wanna cut or bulk
>>
>>36228857
yeah ok, i downloaded myfitnesspal and it looks simmilar, but how do i know how much i actually eat? like if i put two spoons of mayo on a salad that has different kinds of vegetables? how much does it have protein, fat etc?
>>
>>36228928

use a scale. check the nutrition information of your food.
it aslo has a recipe section where you can create your meals by adding the measures of every foods you use.
>>
File: Bmkj1SdIgAAJYbb.jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Bmkj1SdIgAAJYbb.jpg
35 KB, 600x400
>>36228834
>>
using the Lose it! app. same concept as others mentioned. takes less time to track than putting a bite of food in your mouth.
>>
I'm a faddy cunt so I only eat like 5 diff meals. Do the maths once then just copy and paste each subsequent time.
>>
>>36229017
I use that one too. It's simpler and easier imo.
>>
You literally don't have to write anything down, use any apps, or use any scales unless you're straight up autistic. Its as simple as reading the fucking nutritional info label for everything you put in your body. If you can't keep a running tally in your head then god help you.
>>
>>36228928
click the Nutrition button
>>
>>36228724
Also using myfitnesspal. Patchable with lucky patcher if you've got a rooted phone but it works fine even without Premium too. A bit wonky at times but quick and easy once you get the hang of it. Syncs with runtastic too which is nice.
>>
>>36228995
top kek, thanks anon
>>
>>36230608
This

Physical discipline isn't good enough, you have to build your mental discipline too.

Get used to doing things in your head.
Makes you stronger.
>>
>>36228724
>it takes an hour to write down 3 numbers
Op you're fucking pathetic
>>
>>36228928
you weight what you eat, retard. you wanna make it or nah?
>>
File: diet2.jpg (77 KB, 610x234) Image search: [Google]
diet2.jpg
77 KB, 610x234
I put it in a program m6x1+1x2
>>
>>36228724
you can either use myfitnesspal

or take your total daily calories, work out how much protein carbs and fats you want, then divide each quantity by how many meals you want to eat

for example
3000 calories
200g of protein (800 cals)
80g fat (720 cals)
370g carbs (1480 cals)

say I'm going to eat 5 meals a day

I divide each macro by 5

200/5=40g protein
80/5= 16g fat
370 = 74g carb

thats 40g protein 16g fat and 74g carbs per meal with a total calories of 600 per meal.

then you just look at the nutrition on the back of whatever your eating or find the values online and just make up these calories

its fucking easy you faggot
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-02-16-43-27.png (135 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-02-16-43-27.png
135 KB, 720x1280
/g/ here. You guys are fucking disgusting. You must hate yourselves if you install such blatant malware. Holy shit please tell me you're joking.
>>
>>36231660
Fuck off lard
>>
>>36231660
Fuck off back to /g/ ya dyel pseudointellectual
>>
>>36231584
those fucking carbs in rice.. my god
gj for the chicken tho
>mfw poor and no chicken
>>
>2016
>not having calories sharingan
>>
File: 1450343544679.jpg (36 KB, 420x418) Image search: [Google]
1450343544679.jpg
36 KB, 420x418
>>36228724
>weigh out meals for the day
>Already know calorie/proton/carb/fat content
>Eat that shit for months on end
>Never have to think about the numbers
>Feel full and happy
>Natty, not fatty

Feels good mang
>>
>>36231660
>imbloobing i have anything on my phone worth taking
>imblying i dont just log into mfp from my laptop
>>
>>36231606
this is probably the most logical way to do it
>>
Myfitnesapal is for DYELs and normies.

Get myfitnessbro. Much better app. When you're hitting your protein macros it'll yell out "BROTEIN!" And you can even track your gym routine. It'll yell out "LIGHTWEIGHT, BABY" when going for 1rms. Even has built in detection which recognizes when other phones cameras are centered at you and alerts "they mirin, bro!" And a "n-no homo" if it ever detects you snapping a pic of a guy for "aesthetic" purposes.

Myfitnessbro. Get it now.
>>
>>36231892
>would probably make millions
>>
For packaged stuff, it just says it right on the package, duh.

For stuff I cook, I made a spreadsheet where I list all the ingredients.. e.g. a serving of ground beef is this many calories, this much protein, etc and I used 8 servings. This other ingredient I put in two servings worth, etc. Then at the end I put in how many total meals the recipe made and it divides it all out for me.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.