[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exercises can I do to improve my pullups? Currently at 0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: usmc-pft-scores.jpg (266 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
usmc-pft-scores.jpg
266 KB, 375x500
What exercises can I do to improve my pullups?
Currently at 0
(Also how do I improve my Pushups ? Ive plateau'd at 50, wtf)
>>
>>36221360
probably practicing pushups and pullups? You fucking dumbass
>>
>>36221378
I do Pushups 3 times a week at 3 maxout sets. (I've plateau'd)
And negatives as well.
Part of the armstrong program.

But hey be a dick cause fuck it.
>>
>>36221535
ayy now you're gettin it
>>
>>36221360

>What exercises can I do to improve my pullups? Currently at 0

Fork put-downs.

>Also how do I improve my Pushups ? Ive plateau'd at 50, wtf

Start doing variants - decline push-ups, diamond push-ups, concentration push-ups, paused push-ups.
>>
>>36221360
You can try weighted pushups with a weight vest
>>
>>36221360
FFS, there's so much shit about this very subject online if you'd just bother to look.

You gonna die.
>>
>>36221360

Add weight?
>>
>>36221570
Wouldn't doing actual pullups with fork pullups inprove your pullups?
>>
>>36221570
Pretty solid advise, though Ivery never heard of pause push ups.
>>36221589
As far as what most of the advice online sas is pretty much this.
pull ups go everyone says do negatives.
Pushups - listen to dj Khalid cause you gotta do anotha one than anotha one...

Most advice online is bs anyways.
>>
How can you not do one pull up and yet do 50 push ups? Do you have a big belly that hits the ground?
>>
>>36221738

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVlZhVOZRC4

They're basically fancy planks, but they help immensely with keeping your form from breaking down over tons of repetitions.
>>
>>36221360
pull ups - do horizontal rows and work on grip strength eg farmers walks, dead hangs

push ups - do wall push ups and incline push ups at super high reps
>>
>>36221772
It's called being fat. Lost 50 lbs since discovering /fit/ ... but I'm still fat. Also pull ups are mostly back whereas push ups are mostly bi/tris and pecs
>>36221783
Awesome, I'll implement this into my cool down routine.
>>36221784
Thankyou kind sir
>>
Google the Armstrong pull-up program. There is a sit-up program similar to it. Your form is important as well. If you don't lock out and bring your chin above the bar DI's will literally count backwards. Just run. Do fartleks. Sprints.

I find the marsoc short card to be good. If you're going to boot you'll be miserable but a boot the goal is to make marines no matter how shitty so you'll be ok. The better the shape you're in the less you'll get fucked with
>>
>>36221535
http://hundredpushups.com/
Here's a program that's simple to follow
>>
>>36221853
Doing the armstrong program currently, what's the sit up version?

What is a marsoc short card?
My whe point is to be in the best shape possible so that I'm not fucked with all that much and if I am I can get through it well enough
>>
>>36221360
what in the fuck

is this real?
>>
>>36222044
Yes. Females suck. They drop like flies at OCS
>>
>>36222031
Are you enlisting?

http://officercandidatesschool.com/blog/2010/05/27/killer-crunch-workout/

http://officercandidatesschool.com

This site is OCS based but still lots of good info
>>
>>36221360
Pullups: do lat pull downs and be less fat
Pushups: Bench
>>
>>36222142
Enlisting reservist side as I have a wife and 3 kids, also kinda old and fat

I'll check out ocs
>>
>>36222239
If you have a college degree go OCS
>>
>>36221360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
>>
>>36222405
I have a degree, however I feel that I wouldn't hack it in ocs. Also I don't think reservists can jump into ocs. I believe all reserve marines are prior active marines that simply went into reserves... also already did the whole swearing in at MEPS

Did I screw up is it to late to switch, how easy is it to go from enlisted to officer?

Damn I just wanted to improve my pt score
>>
>>36221360
i cant understand how someone is able to do 50 pushups and not even one pull up. that's some imbalanced shit son
>>
>>36222173
pushups have different mechanic than bench noobie.
>>
>>36221360
18 minutes to run how far?
>>
>>36224982
3 miles
>>
>>36224992
That's actually really rapid isn't it? It takes me 16 minutes to do my 2.5 mile run, and I thought I was doing a pretty decent pace.
>>
>>36222832
I personally speak for the reserve side but being active duty enlisted is infinitely worse than being an officer, especially since until you're a senior lance or pick up cpl you're basically the bitch boy of your platoon.
>>
>>36225006
*active not reserve
>>
>>36224998
18 mins is for a perfect score though, you could run it in 25 mins and if you max out on pull ups and crunches you'd still get a decent score overall.
>>
>>36221843
I'd like to see these 'push ups' it doesn't make sense you can do 50 and can't do a single pull up. I can just barely do 50 regulation push ups in a row and can do 15 regulation pull ups
>>
>>36225010
>>36225006
I have heard some nightmare stories about active enlisted. Have you heard anything about reserve side outside of we are marines jodies?

>>36225280
Idk what to tell you man, how would I show you? I start closed stance. Pump out 20-30, widing my stance alittle and crank out the rest.

My ass isn't in the air, nor is it on the floor. Form is good - not flawless.
>>
>>36225280
I think it's reasonable. Everybody is different. I'm training a friend who had been doing basement workouts for about a year that included bench and push ups and curls only as weight training and in the gym he could pump out a 185 bench and not a single pull up.
>>
>>36221360
DO weighted pullups
sounds counter intuitive, but do them.
DO negatives with them until you can do full weighted pullups
>>
If you can't do pullups you must just be a fatass, drop that bf% nigga. Just by losing weight I gained the ability to pump out pullups when I could do none before.
>>
>>36222173
retard pls
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.