[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
Hey fit, I've had enough of my fat lard self. So I'm going to change things. I have been creeping for awhile and have got the basic idea on how to workout and what not.

However, what's a good way to meal prep for a beginner?
>>
are you asking us how to cook?
>>
>>36219725
Prep less food than you usually eat. Now you lose weight, congrats.
>>
>>36219725
you don't meal prep as a beginner breh.
start by lifting for a couple months. if you go all-in right at the beginning you'll burn out and give up desu
>>
Get containers like in your pic.

Stir fry a bunch of chicken and vegetables and brown rice/sweet potatoes.

Put equal sized portions in each container- these are your meals. No snacking on bullshit.

Drink only water.

Fucking lift you idiot.

That's it.
>>
500cal under TDEE, 1gr of protein per lb of lean mass.
>>
>>36219725
Just eat as you usually do but try to eat a little bit less and slowly cut bad stuff out of your diet.
For example, change coke to diet coke

You cant just from one day to another turn your life around to live a fit lifestyle, if you attempt it you will most likely fail

So, slowly start cutting out bad food and eating a little bit less
And slowly start increasing your activity
Activity could be going for a 30 min walk every day, up it to 1 hour later

After you have done these 2 things for a while and you can stick to it, get a gym membership and read the sticky.
>>
READ THE STICKY
all you need to know about how to eat is there
>>
OP here, I do workout some, nit as much as I should be. I have already been caffeine/carbonated drink free for over 2 years now.

Since I work in the construction field I usually eat out for breakfast and lunch at fast food shops. It's finally caught up with me.

I just want to know what are some good recipes and what all yall cook
>>
Bumping this thread cause I don't get how people do meal prep for a whole week? Do you cook all of your chicken at once? Does is stay good up until week 7? I would think it's all dried out and nasty by then. Do you just meal prep for like 4 days at a time?
>>
>>36220045
Who cooks 7 weeks in advanced???
>>
>>36220064
Oh god, I meant day, sorry.
>>
>>36220097
I only do 3 or 4 days,
>>
File: 20151123_183704.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
20151123_183704.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2048
>>36219725
this is what i usually meal prep. 20 lb bag of chicken breast from costco, 3 lb bags of frozen vege blend from bulk store, and handful of sweet potatoes. cook lots of chicken breast in the oven of slow cooker. steam lots of veges and then cook or microwave sweet potato.

my containers have 5oz chicken, 2 servings of veges, and 175g or 200g sweet potatoes depending on how I feel that week. not pictured is 1oz of sliced almonds i always eat with each meal prep dinner. macros are nice, under 600 cals, simple, easy. also i make everything without seasoning so i can season each dinner differently depending on my mood. invest in a half dozen different seasonings. it works for me. good luck bro
>>
>>36219736
This, it's easy as fuck.
>track your calories for a week
>cut out 500 of those calories from carbs or fats
>adjust a bit more if you need more protein
that's it. You don't have to change your whole diet right away.
>>
>>36219749
solid advice right here. eat a little less, "better" if you will. change the soda on every meal for water and try to avoid all the extras as dips, creams and sugars. lift for one month or more and seing some progress will keep you on track
>>
>>36220097
>god

lel
>>
eat 500 cals a day and exercise heaps. Then fail and get fatter for our amusement and FHTs
>>
File: 20160221_234103.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160221_234103.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
Example from one of my faster mealprep. Chicken w some pesto, beanpasta, kidneybeans and steamed veggies. Pretty tasty i think.
>>
>>36219725

You posted a picture that answers your own question.

Fuck, now I'm hungry just from looking at this. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>36219725
Do what I do OP, I have already lost 9lbs in 2 weeks

OLD DIET:
>Morning
Didn't eat in morning ever
>Lunch
Dairy Queen 6 piece chicken basket with a shit ton of BBQ sauce and a Large Coke
>Dinner
3 Ramen Noodle packets and a chocolate milk
>Snacks
3-9 cans of coke a day
a Bag of doritos every day
Honeybuns
Kitkats etc

New Diet
>Morning
Water and a nutri-grain bar
>Lunch
1 Ramen Noodle Packet with Water
>Dinner
Skinless Chicken breast with no salt or anything and Water
>Snacks
Limit to 1 NutriGrain bar a day
Also a shit ton of water
>>
>>36223278
Oh yeah I also try and walk for 30 minutes to an hour every day.

At home I will lift basic 10lb weights while at the computer.
>>
Hey OP,
everyone in this thread is giving you solid advice

I'd screen and save this. If I were you, I'd start keeping track of whatever the fuck I was eating for the first month and make small adjustments. Like the other poster said. You're a beginner and you're gonna burn out pretty easy.

Good luck
>>
>>36219755
this lol.
but trust me i know its difficu;lt to follow.
.8g protein of your whole bodyweight is more than enough protein.
buy a scale, measure out 4-6oz chicken breast for each meal or ground lean turkey/beef, get some dark green veggies like spinach/kale/asparagus/broccoli for micronutrients, get fibrous whole food carbohydrates like brown rice/quinoa/beans and fruit,
cook enouigh for 1-2 days, more than enough and theyll be gross at the 3rd day. or just make it all in the morning for about 45 minutes daily.

just dont let fats be more than 30% of your diet. look up tdee calculator and thats it, losing weight? -500 deficit, gaining weight? +500 deficit. whatever .8g protein is of your bw, <30% fats and fill the rest as carbs.
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>>36223278
>Skinless Chicken breast with no salt
>no salt
>>
>>36223675
Isn't salt bad for you?
>>
File: BEETS.jpg (95 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
BEETS.jpg
95 KB, 653x490
>>36223713
Like, a lot of it is. So is a lot of turnips. But people don't stuff their faces with three times as much yams as they should eat like they do salt. So we hear a lot about salt.
>>
>>36223723
Yeah I am just worried since I used to eat a fuck ton of Ramen Noodles and that had a shit ton of Sodium.

My two biggest problems were Sodium and eating a fuck ton of Chicken Tenders with a metric fuck ton of BBQ on each one.

So far so good
>>
>>36223713
>>36223746

You literally need sodium to live, just don't overdue it is all.
>>
>>36223759
Alright will keep that in mind, I still eat Ramen everyday, just not with a gallon of soy sauce and not 3-4 packets. Just one.
>>
sort of related - is there any reason not to rely on whey _instead_ of chicken breast?
It's got a better money/protein ratio, at least where I live
>>
>>36223723

If I could I'd eat all the yams.
>>
Drink more (cold is easier) water and eat more broccoli. I can probably eat two entire heads of it when it's steamed and lightly salted. Keeps me a lot more full when eaten with something. It has barely any calories too.
>>
OP here, I really just wanted some good recipes to try out since I don't really know what I'm doing.
>>
>>36219725
First off, OP.
Stop googling shit and use your common sense.
Too much research will burn you out and you'll never get to do anything.
Just try eating less of what you normally eat and slowly cut out junk food.
You could try what i'd like to call Snacking, you basically eat whatever but stop eating when you don't feel full or hungry and eat again when you're hungry.

Your body will adapt itself to your diet and you'll just realize you start getting full faster.
>>
>>36219753
Exactly what this guy said.

>Fucking lift you idiot.
And don't forget this part.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.