[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think about bodyweight fitness? Is it a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (367 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
367 KB, 1920x1080
What does /fit/ think about bodyweight fitness? Is it a good starting point for a complete fitness noob?
>>
>>36215291
Inefficient form of exercise. Better off going into the gym and doing compound lifts according to a routine like starting strength or stronglifts.

You need to get in and form those neuromuscular connections.
>>
>>36215326
so it is more like a supplementary discipline?
>>
File: startingaesthetics.png (303 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
startingaesthetics.png
303 KB, 1280x720
>>36215326
>Fat t-rex meme troll routines

No thanks.

OP do something like Starting Aesthetics uf you want to look good. Good beginner bodyweight stuff can be found here:

http://darebee.com/
>>
>>36215291
Chinups and pullups are the best upper body exercise, but pretty soon you need to add weight anyways. They suck for lower body
>>
Yes. People who have been doing push ups consistently can hit 2pl8 on their very first bp set. Since bw is low intensity (low load) you will learn how to actually WORK YOUR MUSCLES and learn a good cadence (controlled and tight everything). It's good beginner stuff. Don't waste your time and do bw until you can get to a gym. Personally, nothing pumps my triceps more than slow, controlled push ups to failure.
>>
>>36215356
is this a meme? hitting these things once a week for a beginner would be terrible.
>>
>>36215291
Yeah, mix it up with tricking to get a full body workout. For example, pull ups and levers for upper body core, aerials and pistol squats for lower body
>>
Yeah. If you want to get into it don't ask here. Try the Bodyweight general in /asp/ or the bodyweight fitness subreddit.

After a few weeks see you want to stick with it or take it to the gym.

Fuck that darebee circuit bullshit. Find a proper routine.
>>
>>36215382
>Not one single heavy squat set in a beginner program
>No proper squatting at all
What do you think?
>>
>>36215360
This.

I have never been unable to bench 2pl8
>>
>>36215291
It's okay for upper body and has its benefits but you will make quicker gains lifting. You can't really substitute heavy squats and heavy deadlifts with BW work and if you want to actually be strong you'll need to do these.
>>
>>36215337
Yes, there is room for chin ups and dips in a full body compound routine, but you need to squat and deadlift for general strength and hypertrophy gains in your core legs and back.
>>
bodyweight training is excellent if you have the patience to learn because it´s more complicated than weighlifting. you progress by moving to more challenging excercises as opposed to just slapping on more weight to the movement you´re already used to (bench, squat etc.) Usually the people who discard it as inefficient and such are people who don't know much about it and the only concept of progressive overload they can grasp is - add weight. Do some research, see if you like it
>>
File: 20150626_181108.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150626_181108.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>36215291
Personally I built a decent body (not ripped or something) by doing bodyweight for a year on and off.
No h8 pls
>>
>>36215291
It's meme tier at best and the community is cancer and might as well be veganism or a crossfitter

Basically everyone thinks because they do X instead of Y they are better than the rest of the world

Also lmao at "Phunctional strength" go fuck yourself

If your #1 goal is to look good weigh training 3-4-5 times a week with cardio 2-3 times a week is your best bet
>>
>>36215291
Takes an insane amount of core strength to do shit like that though.
>>
File: 20160219_182238.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20160219_182238.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
Personally I built a meh-body with bodyweight. Only push/pull ups, crunches and poorfag-curls (like my bicycle), but I'm considering joining a gym now. Nothing wrong with bw though.
No h8 pls
>>
>>36215497
Hmm, sounds a bit like you think you're better then everyone because of what you think and do
>>
>>36215291
everyone of these fags have started out doing bodybuilding
>>
>>36215540
I lift weights my body is ottermode at best but don't be delusional here lifting weights is far superior to body weight if your goal is too look good

I'm not even talking about squats or deads if you just want even the Brad Pitt fight club look lifting is going to be faster than hanging around your local elementary school playing on the jungle gym
>>
>>36215575
Nutrition is key for looking good coupled with resistance training of course. Your muscles don't distinguish resistance from external weight or disadvantageous leverage.
>>
>>36215635
I agree completely but you can't deny progressive overload is going to build more muscle faster than the same weight but adding more reps
>>
>>36215446
this
>>
>>36215644
Your dumbass thinks bodyweight is only pullups, pushups and situps isn't it?
>>
File: 1412119104889.jpg (18 KB, 332x245) Image search: [Google]
1412119104889.jpg
18 KB, 332x245
>>36215356
>drink plenty of fruit juice for good energy
>>
>>36215661
Nope

But weight training is still better than your faggotry planche push-ups and 65 degree inverted upsidown one arm kipping pull ups
>>
>>36215477
This. If you're a poorfag with no money for gym memberships then doing bodyweight is great.
But you'll never reach full potential without doing proper compounds and weight training.
>>
>>36215493
Nope.
>>
>>36215291
I'm confused by this picture. He's shirtless so it must be warm outside, but he's wearing a knitted hat making me think it's cold outside.
>>
BW fitness is fun and actually very effective at developing functional and aesthetic upper body strength.

Good luck developing your legs though. I've always been curious as to the efficacity of a BW + leg day routine honestly, it seems like it'd be great. It's also much more likely that you'll get some kind of repetitive stress injury via BW as well.
>>
>>36216100
maybe he is balding.
>>
>>36215644
Why couldn't you? Many people have had great results with bodyweight training, both in terms of looks and strenght. Surely, it can't be that innefficient.
>>
>>36215962
>disrespecting gymnastics

Mate, you couldn't do a planche to save your life
>>
>>36215519
yeah mate, I'd reckon you should hit up the gym
>>
>>36216165
Fuck gymnastics all those faggots are like 5'1
>>
>>36215356
>ss is a meme meme

yeah OP, do this. then complain about your lackluster gains and girl-tier lifts in a year.
>>
>>36215519
>Personally ... meh-body ... bodyweight

All you needed to include to help OP reach a conclusion.
>>
>>36215493
You look like every high school water polo player (i.e. low bodyfat and nothing else)
>>
>>36215291
we think that your picrel is on roids and goes to gym
>>
It's ok, harder and slower than weightlifting.

Progressing is difficult because you need to practice some new movement whereas with weights, just add some more fucking weight and you're making progress.
>>
>>36215519
You have no chest at all. What's your routine like? i bet you do a few sets of 10 push ups and call it a workout.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x400
calisthenics only, 6' 73kg now (pic is from when i was 68) slowly bulking. I do legs at the gym tho monday and thursday (100kg)
>>
You can build a body with only BW exercises, of course. Sure just doing hundreds of push ups and sit ups at a time is pointless, but there are other ways. Just look on youtube OP and see for your self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRuO_Fz3eog
>>
>>36217450
You have decent genetics similar to mine. I used to sit in front of my computer all day. Only exercise I got was from walking to school. Couple miles. Only ate one shitty meal per day and like a croissant and a red bull for lunch. Even though I only weighed like 60kg I still had some good definition. That's the difference between us and these other guys. They'll never look as good naturally. No matter how much they exercise, certainly calisthenics isn't the right type of fitness for them.
>>
>>36215291

>What does /fit/ think about bodyweight fitness? Is it a good starting point for a complete fitness noob?

it's certainly not bad, but it's simply not as useful as going to the gym, even for a total beginner. even at the gym many bodyweight exercises can be done like pullups and dips. while there's nothing wrong with bodyweight fitness, there's no real reason to limit yourself to bodyweight alone
>>
>>36215356
That's a good routine actually, but could be improved by moving bis to press/tris to pull days and running it 4/6 days a week. You're going to be at the gym for a while, but you need that volume especially if ur a lanklet.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.