[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
perfect squat/deadlift form?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 23432342.jpg (21 KB, 361x480) Image search: [Google]
23432342.jpg
21 KB, 361x480
how long does it take to get perfect form for your squats and deadlifts?

it's been a few months of lifting for me and my form has gotten alright, but still some problems. i make sure to foam roll and do some stretching.

to add i'm 188 cm skinny fat.

thanks.
>>
>>36188051
Lillibridge, a world record holder in the squat, argues that his form is imperfect, and by comparison Malanichev's is. So, decades?
>>
>>36188051
>A few months
>since new year

Will you please fuck off?
>>
>>36188075
thanks, so it will get better as you go in terms of depth?

>>36188281
started in late November
>>
You will never have perfect form for squats. Deadlift form varies so wildly between people that you'll have fine form at some point but it will probably never be optimal.

Squat is so technical that it takes some people, myself included, a LONG time to get used to the nuances of squatting regarding hip and knee timing.
>>
File: Feel.jpg (242 KB, 650x842) Image search: [Google]
Feel.jpg
242 KB, 650x842
>>36188051
It will never be perfect, its always a work in progress and you can always improve. You will certainly get better and more confident as time goes on though. If depth is your concern you should do some serious research into advanced and serious stretching techniques.
Im in a good mood so ill spoon feed you some great videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1l7de0oBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58dkMblR9RM
Probably 2 of the best vids youll ever watch.
>>
Don't be afraid to gear up for squats. You're probably going to want shoes, belt, and knee sleeves in the future, why not get them now?
>>
>>36188575
>bodybuildingRev
Ew. You're weak too, aren't you?
>>
>>36188575
I'm 6feet almost 1, 185cm.
I found that, being tall and being a fucking piece of wood in my legs and back, I struggle in the lower part of the deadlift.
Should I just put something on the floor to make it higher or are there flexibility exercises that can help?
I was thinking hammies and calves
>>
>>36188790
I dont get it
Is any info in those vids wrong? Oh youre just a shit poster i see.
>>36188884
Dude watch the videos, theyll help with flexibility. Also block pulls have there place in training but if you are saying that you are too tall to deadlift normally thats simply not true. Most strongman and top level powerlifters are 6 foot or taller and they dont have a problem. Height will certainly make it slightly more difficult in terms of mechanical advantage but youll be fine.
>>
>>36188735
what's the use for knee sleeves for squatting? For support or keeping the knee joint warm or something else?
>>
>>36188964
yeah I mean it's probably me having never done deadlifts before 2 weeks ago and my lack of flexibility. I tried asking the trainer at my gym if I could do something about it but he just said to use blocks.
I just feel like I'm going too low and my ankle cant bend anymore. I should note I cant squat (without weights) and hold my balance without having my arms forward keeping me up.
Also maybe it's the fact I'm using 10 kg plates (last time I got to 40kg, 15kg on either side, 10kg bar) and they're pretty tiny. The next time I'll use the 20kg pl8 and something on the floor as well.
thanks, I'll watch the vid.
>>
>>36189085
>I tried asking the trainer at my gym
Mistake number 1, all trainers especially at commercial gyms are complete morons. Never talk to any of them.
>10kg bar
What?

Ya you probably have an extreme lack of flexibility. Work on that.
>>
>>36189100
yeah I kind of suspected that they're not really informed. That's why I got into 5x5 on my own.
they always told me all the barbells there weigh 10kg
>>
>>36188575
it's not just about mobility though. i'm pretty much as mobile as it gets and i still get form breakdown too.
mobility is just a prequisite. once you have it the actual work can begin. and that work consists in establishing a good default movement pattern through whatever means necessary (depending on ones individual weaknesses) that doesn't break down at near max loads.
>>36189085
don't use the tiny plates. there is a place and time for deficit deadlifts but for you that's not right now.

>>36189135
could be. there are 20,15 and 10kg bbs in my gym. they vary in size though, a standard looking barbell will probably weigh the standard 20 kg.
>>
>>36189166
>tiny plates
I just started from 30kg, I was afraid of injuring me if I had started with more, and I wanted to learn some form
>bbs
that makes sense, mine is a pretty shitty gym, 100€ per year, doesnt even have a squat rack, I'm forced to use the smith machine because they dont let people do squats without, there were "accidents"
>>
Can someone post the motivational squat picture, it's a post on /fit/ about why the guys squats. Talks about letting the weight of the world press you down, and then getting back up. Thanks brehs
>>
>>36189166
>it's not just about mobility though
Youre correct but the average person is extremely non mobile. Working on it will certainly help.
>>
>>36189205
> I was afraid of injuring me if I had started with more

that's actually a bit of a stepping stone for beginners now that i think about it. most commercial gyms don't have bumper plates and i don't see everyone being able to lift 135 right from the start in a safe way. best case scenario would be you finding some bumper plates. if that's not an option, find a power cage, set the safeties to the approximate height where a 45lbv plate would have its center and proceed to deadlift from there.

>>36189235
agreed. couldn't hurt either way. mobility work is really underrated for the average gym-goer.
>>
File: CWG8q4rWIAAl6Mz.jpg (81 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CWG8q4rWIAAl6Mz.jpg
81 KB, 600x800
are you suppose to squat less on the front than back?

my front squat is atrocious, really need to work on it
>>
>>36188575
I have a mancrush on that trainer
>>
>>36189355
Ya hes definitely a good looking cat, the info is top notch as well. Germans know there stuff i suppose.
>>
>>36189085
even if it seems blatantly apparent that your ankles aren't flexible enough, if you are low bar squatting its almost certainly your hamstring, hips and adductors that aren't flexible enough. almost certainly hamstring. look into "contract relax stretching" and apply the principles to your hammies and thank me later.
>>
>>36189330
yeah. front sqaus force your body into an upright position such that your posterior chain can't help as much.
>>
>>36188051
You will NEVER have perfect form. Even the best are constantly monitoring their technique and undergoing form degradation from fatigue

To get good enough form? Shouldn't take more than a month. Even a week for some if you do the necessary work.
But you'll still find yourself changing little things as you go.
>>
>>36188297
Mobility work for depth speeds it up but honestly, don't wait for it to improve. You're better off lowering the weight and hitting the best depth possible now while your body is ripe for learning new movements with noob gains. You'll learn how to utilize the stretch reflex sooner for more efficient form, which will allow you to progress the longest before stalling, and you'll develop more evenly, with a more natural movement. Most importantly, the sooner you instill proper movement patterns before you get old the better, because if you can only squat to parallel when you're young, as you get old your mobility will decrease from that point. So if you learn to go ATG with efficient form now, your flexibility/mobility will start decreasing from that point instead, and you will prolong your youthefullness that much more.
>>
>>36188735
>>36189062
Knee sleeves helped me, an SI belt did too.
>>
>>36188051
You never achieve the perfect form. Only one that is good enough to no longer alter
>>
>>36189446
>posterior chain
Only the ability of the hamstrings to help is limited, but then again, those aren't the limiting factor in any type of squat.
>>
>>36189699
ATG is a meme.

Different squats require different depth.
>>
>>36191280
Parallel squats are useless and nonfunctional
>>
>>36191405
No.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.