[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the worst injury you've had? how did it happen and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: Brazil-Ronaldo-Retiring-JPEG-8.jpg (39 KB, 300x512) Image search: [Google]
Brazil-Ronaldo-Retiring-JPEG-8.jpg
39 KB, 300x512
Whats the worst injury you've had? how did it happen and how long were you out?

Did you recover?

>had knee injury, been out 2 months so far
>startung to feel suicidal and need inspiration
>>
what did you do?

what sport do you play?

are you still keeping fit?
>>
>>36173088
>worst injury you've had?
Life
>how did it happen and
getting born by my selfish parents who wanted some meaning in their shitty lives
>how long were you out
i still am
>>
Injured my left shoulder going OTB on a mountain bike. I've only just now been able to start doing shoulder exercises again but can only perform OHP on the smith machine. Apparently any exercise that requires my left shoulder to do the stabilise work causes pain (eg OHP, single dumbell curls).

My wrists also are in perpetual states of injury, but they're getting better. Makes pushing exercises difficult but I find ways around it.
>>
>injury
snap city
>how did it happen?
diddlylifting
>how long were you out?
2 1/2 weeks not able to lift, slowly regaining movability of lower back
>did you recover?
once you visit snap city, you can never fully unsnap your shit. no matter how good you think your form is, one bad move and your shit can be snapped for good. if your goal is to build a decent physique and strength is just a by-product, don't do deadlifts.
>>
>>36173097
Beleive it from not it was from squatting. not even heavy. I was warming up and on the 2nd set I felt massive buring pain in my knee, the front, below the knee cap

I thought it heald in 2 weeks so just used painkillers and a brace and ignored it. Pain got too much to ignore and Now its been 6 weeks of resting, not lifting or even doung much.

for 2 weeks i did absolutley nothing and lost a shit ton of mass. Now im doing stretching, foam rolling and physio. Still cant walk more than 10 steps without a hige flairng up of pain. Already depressed
>>
>>36173103

/thread

L.O.L
>>
>>36173131
>>36173103
I'd give anything to be in your place you slack jawed faggot. You can easily fix your life. theres people born without legs who still live good lives. fuck off.
>>
File: 1437160736376.jpg (195 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1437160736376.jpg
195 KB, 640x640
Broke a tiny bone in my left wrist while running down an icy staircase to catch the bus. Needless to say, I never run for the bus anymore. Had to wear an forearmcast for 3 weeks, which was the longest 3 weeks of my life, followed by 3-4 weeks of not lifting. Had to work my way back to old lifts, but my deadlift plummeted from 130kg x 3 to 90kg over the span of 7-8 weeks recovery time. In fact, now 3 years later I am still below 100kg due to some other small nagging injuries. Still, could be worse.
>>
File: 1456074437406.jpg (32 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1456074437406.jpg
32 KB, 500x376
I had PTX (lung collapsed) 5 years ago while benchpressed.
>>
Grade 2 hamstring strain
rolling in mma gym with someone much larger than myself
took me six months to feel "normal"
Still need to strengthen leg independently; opposite side is over-compensating when squatting

Moral of the story: make sure you have good coaches.
>>
>>36173194
Jesus christ how the fuck did that happen? are you a a mnuirished sick child?
>>
File: 1356939214408.jpg (125 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1356939214408.jpg
125 KB, 500x377
>worst injury you've had
Snapped my shit up
>how did it happen
By not reading the sticky
>how long were you out
I have tried getting back into working out a couple times for the past year but never stick with it due to sciatica and now some weird shoulder pain.

Follow the routine and don't jump up in weights too fast.
>>
Look ptx up its common among skinny smoking fegs. I recoverd in 2 weeks. Still lifts
>>
Half assed my x5 on 5/3/1 because I was tired as shit, slipped a disc or something, sciatica still pops up as a reminder now and then after deads and bench.

That was last summer, it was fucking murder back then, now it's just a slight dullness in my back

Moral of the story: always always always tense 100%, even when you're not 1rm'ing

Oh, I also fucked up my shoulder years ago due to not knowing proper bench form, think I had that shit for ~3 years before it went away

/blog
>>
Broke my left clavicule getting hit by someone on a luge.
Fully recovered, might have lost a tiny bit of shoulder mobility, but that's it.

Other injuries: sprained my ankles three times (partial tear on one), broke my nose, broke a toe.
>>
>>36173088
Torn meniscus in my left knee while squatting.

It's been four months with the injury. I went to a physical therapist for about two months. ust started being able to train legs a month ago but still occasionally feel knee pain.

Still too scared to squat and deadlift.
>>
>>36173088
not really /fit/ related but i took a golf club to the head about 1cm above my eye
>>
>worst injury you've had?
Broke both bones in my left forearm

>how did it happen and
being an idiot on a longboard

>how long were you out
No lifting for 4 months, but the steel plates in my arm still fuck my lifts occasionally. End of the year I'll get another operation to remove the plates and lose my gains. So all in all about a year of getting fucked.
>>
>>36173088

Nigger you better be exercising that shit. I blew out my MCL and PCL completely and healed so well I actually tend to forget it happened. The second the swelling goes down, you need to start moving it around. Do shit like leg extensions with ultra baby weight, do whatever you can do get blood flowing.

Sitting dormant is the worst fucking thing people can do after being injured, it's ridiculous how often doctors suggest it. Go to a sports doctor and they'll tell you movement is key to recovery.

I've also blown out my rotator cuff and it has healed fine for the same reasons. Always remember, physical therapy begins the day inflammation is gone.
>>
>>36173088
Dislocated shoulder, while playing beachvolleyball, about 4 month.

8 months ago, still hurts sometimes while lifting, canĀ“t lift nearly as much.
Volleyball, swimming, etc. nearly impossible...

Pic related
>>
File: neck squat.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
neck squat.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>fainted while 1RMing on le press, hit my head against a wall and got whipped hard by the bar
>lost all sense of smell
>about a week under a lot of pain all over my torso and arms, another week for peace of mind
>>
>>36173088

Torn rotator cuff

Wrestling

One year

my PT forced me to PT/physio and now i have 90% mobility and very tiny amount of pain, managed to OHP 165# last night so i dont think its holding me back anymore
>>
>>36173088
Nothing really major, I fucked up my rotator cuff (stage 1 injury, just a real bad inflammation) due to poor benching form and ignoring the pain.

I went to the doc, got cortison shots and was told to rest. It took for fucking ever to go away and I was prohibited from doing ANYTHING, I wasn't even allowed to ride a fucking bike. I don't know why but he said complete rest and eating at a surplus until it's over. So I was out for like 4 months.
>>
>>36173088
Got tossed from my turret after rolling over an ied in afghanistan. AC separation in my left shoulder, torn labrum in my right shoulder, fractured both tibias in left and right leg, fractured sacrum, and fractured coccyx.
2 year recovery. I was very lucky. My bench is up to 335 now, and that's without gear. I'm about to run fly first test cycle soon.
>>
>>36173115
same here
feelsbadman, can't squat or dl anymore
>>
Got dumped by the love of my life and been doomed to be alone since, can't fall in love again.
>>
>Hit and run by a car, broken collarbone and torn pec
8 months to recover

>Dislocation of shoulder
A good 4 months so far, I'm back to a 75kg x2 OHP though, down from 80. My range of motion is still dodgy though, and I can't bench properly still.
>>
Slight herniated disc
>>
File: knee.jpg (156 KB, 966x1000) Image search: [Google]
knee.jpg
156 KB, 966x1000
>Whats the worst injury you've had?
2 years ago, bone bruise according to doc
>how did it happen and how long were you out?
Running, apparently
>Did you recover?
Not really, can't run like I used to. Just focus on lifting now.
>>
Worst injury was a nasty case of bacterial pneumonia.

Couldn't lift or run for 4 months. Took 3 weeks to rebuild my cardio and I'm still trying to get my gains back
>>
File: 1413058177043.jpg (55 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
1413058177043.jpg
55 KB, 680x684
>>36174935
>>
>>36173088
Hurt my knee squatting in august and its still not better, you should probably kill urself
>>
>>36173088
got my kneecap kicked out in a fight
shit was next to my calves and needed a few months to heal

I used to do martial arts but now I only lift weights and everything's ok. Still hurts from time to time but then I'll just lower weights
>>
Tore my achilles tendon while playing basketball a few years ago
>>
>>36173127
meniscus tear, or something ligament/tendon related.

Physiotherapists are useless here, go to a doctor and book an MRI ASAP.
>>
>fucked my left shoulder 2 years ago while doing bench press
>still hurts when doing OHP and bench
One of the reasons why I'm stalling on my progress
>>
>>36173088
>Whats the worst injury you've had?
snab city on diddylifs

>how did it happen?
Wasn't sure about my form for the last rep, checked the mirror to my right mid-rep. Instant snap in left part of lower back, and right hip flexor. Worst part is, form was ok until I turned my head.

>how long were you out?
One week. Luckily it was muscular.

My back hurt like shit, constant dull pain, sitting was uncomfortable, lying was uncomfortable, walking was meh. Went back to the gym 3 days later to do high volume low weight, helped a lot.
>>
Broke my ankle in 2013, plate, pins and screws.

Didn't properly rehab it, didn't stay off it, went back to work within a month. Still hurts, probably has limited my progress on weights, if I stand on it too long, it shuts me down pretty much for a couple days. Still haven't been back to see the surgeon about it.
>>
stretched my leg today :(
>>
>>36173088
Surgery to my wrist, had a metal implant installed. I was out of lifting for 12 weeks, gained a huge amount weight due to becoming depressed. Depression, wasn't just beacuse of the injury but other feels as well going down at that time. Didn't get out of it for a while and now i've been slowly recovering. Sort of bear mode built atm, since I havent done any cutting.
>>
>>36174000
you can leave the plates in, they wont do anything.
>>
>>36175098
>turning head to look in the mirror during deadlifts

DYEL detected
>>
>>36175079
I had an MRI, apart form a brise nothing showed up. I thought it was patellar tendonitis myself but the fact that the pain makes it unalble for me to walk leads me to think theres something the scan missed. and the searing pain of course.
>>
>>36173088
Big toe nail got ripped half off, cried like a bitch, it grew back though so it's okay
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.