[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else on /fit/ work at a planet fitness/gym? Anyone have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 750x1334
Anyone else on /fit/ work at a planet fitness/gym?

Anyone have any questions for those of us that do?
>>
I do senpai. On shift right now overnight
>>
>>36172485
Same here family
>>
>>36172490

Where you at
OK here
>>
>>36172503
I'm up in MI, been by myself since 1:30
>>
>>36172524

Damn I was gonna look you up in the system
This shift is pretty comfy but boring
Are you guys allowed to sit down?
>>
sorry for clogging the toilet with my protein shit
I got embarrassed and didn't say anything and went on with my workout

also I was thinking about applying there, do you get a membership free if you work there?
>>
>>36172531
Only from 12 - 4 but we have to get up and walk around every half hour or they get mad at us. Other than that I just sneak videos and shows on my phone. They hound you guys down there?

And it is hella comfy, my only issue is the assholes that try and talk to you at 3 am about dumb shit
>>
>>36172541
Yeah at mine you get a special purple membership. Same as the black but for employees
>>
Do you faggots have to kick out people because they deadlift?
>>
>>36172563
Id never kick someone out for that but if they're doing dumb unreasonable shit like screaming and panting like a downie I usually ring the alarm and ask them to stop
>>
Do you play the most retarded songs you have just to piss everyone off?

Pretty sure my gym does this for giggles.
>>
>>36172553
We aren't allowed to sit down at all lel
Also not allowed to touch the lunk alarm

>>36172563
We don't have barbells so it would be funny if they tried
>>
>>36172580
the lunk alarm is bullshit anyway, that wasn't the greatest idea
>>
>>36172577
I don't, in fact on all my shifts the music goes off right when I become the head at the desk . They play shitty normies party music as if someone is going to get pumped up to it.
>>
>>36172584
It's fun messing with it during the day, it generally just becomes a competition to see who can set it off tho
>>
>>36172596
Is your guys alarm not a switch?
>>
What's the real procedure like for cancelling a membership
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 750x1334
This is the lunk alarm btw
>>
>>36172602
It is but everyone thinks it's automatic
>>
>>36172473

I live in a different country but since PF is meme status I thought I'd ask. Can you actually do SS or Texas Method in a PF gym? Or do they kick you out as soon as you start grunting, which is inevitable with heavy weights?
>>
>>36172573
>exerting yourself in the gym is a breach of code of conduct and grounds for expulsion
>>
>>36172616
Us overnight Bros don't give a shit desu
Were supposed to ask you to stop though
>>
>>36172616
I generally don't care about grunting, it's natural when lifting heavy weights. As long as it's not totally obvious that your doing it for attention
>>
>>36172616
Not the one near me. No barbells at all.
>>
>>36172622
>>36172630
>>36172637

Ok, thx for the responses
>>
>>36172619
Our lunk policy is basically set upon how distracting and disruptive the person is. If you can hear them from the front desk is basically the standard we have on it professionally. But yeah for us overnights everything is good as long as your not being a douche
>>
Why do you support such a shit show of a gym brand?

Literally ridiculing the sport and with their earned money they have the potential of killing real gyms.
>>
>>36172654

Technically the gym is supporting them by providing them an income.
>>
>>36172654
this gym is basically a nyers wet dream, as long as power lifters, and people who actually know a thing or two about working out exist regular gyms are here to stay. And I do agree this gym is nothing but branding and making money off lazy people who pay yearly but never use the facility
>>
> remove squatracks to discourage profesional lifters from training there
> fit people having their memberships cancelled because fatties feel 'intimidated' by their appearance
> free pizza and tutsi rolls
> claims judgement free zone yet has a raving alarm when you over exert yourself

pleb fitness stay fat casual fags
>>
>>36172692

>tfw I've probably eaten around 30 grape tootsie rolls tonight
>>
>>36172692
Ours just added 2 more squat racks:benches because of increase demand. In my case most of that shit is just a meme. We have our fatties but they stay in the elliptical treadmill sections and use massage chairs
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 750x1334
>>36172706
They're addicting as fuck
>>
>>36172692
>professional lifters

kek

I make $18/hr moving weight up and down and setting it back, come at me
>>
Would you recommend the job? What are the pros and cons? If I were to workout there. But only wanted to so bodyweight. Is there and area for this?
>>
>>36172800
Depends on if you want day or night, day is hella busy your manager sets all the rules but your out at a reasonable time and get to talk to way more people. Night shifts set all the club rules basically(with limitations) but some enforce bullshit rules like no sitting and such. Also a lot more comfy at night cooler people generally come in. I've also talked to way more girls at night than day because it's not so busy. And what you want to train is kind of in the air. Some clubs have different set ups, like ours for instance doesn't have any pull-up bars or Dumbbells Over 60 lbs
>>
>>36172846
Thanks for the response.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.