[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys keep track of your lifts? Do you bring a clipboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: justlogo1.png (602 KB, 1342x1338) Image search: [Google]
justlogo1.png
602 KB, 1342x1338
How do you guys keep track of your lifts? Do you bring a clipboard to the gym or something? I'm new and retarded and want to keep a tally of my progress.
>>
google drive spreadsheet
>>
I have a list of my PR's on each lift in a memo on my phone, pretty easy to keep track t b h
>>
>>36080104
So you bust out a laptop after using a machine?

>hold up bro, just gotta update mah spreadsheet

Help me understand.
>>
>>36080097
Jefit, free app
>>
use your phone? I have a memo with all my lifts/best 5K times
>>
>>36080104
>Google drive spreadsheet
Just don't bring a while ring binder in
>>
>>36080110
what's a PR? Power-lift?
>>
>>36080131
Personal record
>>
>>36080117
this
>>
>>36080147
oh, gotcha. So I def wanna keep a record of my PRs as a first time gym-goer?

Sticky says I need to track my progress. And it makes sense to.

How often should I be trying to break my PR?
>>
>>36080115
Are you like a time traveller from 10 years ago or something? Smartphones m9
>>
>>36080173
I'm gonna go with Rippetoe's routine btw.
>>
>>36080097
How the fuck can't you guys remember all your lifts? I have never written anything down at the gym and I can remember my max with every exercise I do.
>>
>>36080097
im not retarded so i just track them in my head
you're going to look pretty autistic taking notes in the gym OP, not gonna lie
>>
>>36080097

Fitnotes is pretty good.
>>
>>36080176
The kek is real
>>
>>36080181
Download Jefit. Spend an hour learning how it works and getting your routine in there.

As you are at the beginning of training you will likely be increasing your best every session. After a few weeks or months you will plateau and progress becomes weekly or monthly, requiring you to rethink your approach.

Tldr -- download Jefit
>>
OP here. I've never done a squat before. You use a weight bar right? I'm literally autistic and have shit coordination (learned how to ride a bike at 20). How do I check my posture?
>>
>>36080192

How about reps and weights?

Seriously though, if you don't log you cannot expect to make optimal progress over time. Just enter the data as you rest between sets -- no additional time is needed.
>>
>>36080194

I see people taking notes at every gym I'm ever been to.

Anyway, just do it on your phone and no one will care.
>>
>that guy who shows up to the gym with a note book
>>
whats the point you fucking idiots

just life as much as you can for a good amount of reps with strict form
>>
>>36080097
>Do you bring a clipboard to the gym or something?

KEK
>>
>>36080241
Any person with an IQ over 60 should be able to remember all the reps and weights they've been using for the past month
>>
>>36080286
you need more volume
>>
>>36080226
Watch some videos on YouTube if you don't want to read the book for form
The Art of Manliness videos with Rippetoe are pretty good
>>
OP here again

Installed Jefit. Should I use one of their routines or select a sample beginner routine or something? I want an all around beginner's one to get in better shape and lose weight atm.
>>
>>36080347
Second question; what do I do if I can't do an exercise but they're a part of my routie? dips for example.
>>
>>36080286
Maybe not a whole month, but remembering last workout to note on computer at home is easy if you dont have some AD.
>>
>>36080347
Can the app display a graph for my workouts too? I´ve tried so many.
>>
>>36080347

You said you were planning to d Ripptoes beginners routine so search for 5x5 Stronglifts.
>>
>>36080286

>if you don't log you cannot expect to make optimal progress over time. Just enter the data as you rest between sets -- no additional time is needed.

Are you illiterate? If not, there is no reason not to log.
>>
a little notebook and a pen
>>
I have a piece of paper taped to my bottle, and on this paper is my 5RMs and my routine for the day.
>>
>>36080412
is that just his workout?
>>
>>36080483

Yes basically. It is a stripped down version of what you will need.

Remember, the bar itself weighs 20 kg, so you start at 20 and work up from there.
>>
>>36080600
OP here again. Thanks

So what if I can't do a full rep?

Also just so I'm clear, a rep of 5x5 for example, means do that exercise 5 times, take a break, then another 5 times, so 25 in total, with 5 breaks in-between?
>>
>>36080412
>Stronglifts

Since stronglifts is mentioned I'd like to know how the fuck it works. I can't really figure it out.
>>
Are you really so stupid that you can't remember 10 numbers on your major lifts?
>>
>>36080600
Lol@fucking cheaters counting the bar for their vanity lifts. What's the point
>>
>>36081484

Your comment reveals you know nothing about progress over the medium to long term, or about Advanced Intermediary to Advanced lifting. Please stop commenting.
>>
>>36080097
Excel sheet at home that I check before and after workout

it's called gains.xsl
>>
>>36081429
If you cannot do the full number of reps in a set you count the number that you did

E.g. 5, 5, 4, 2, 1

Next time, you stick with the same weight and try to make it 5x5

If you have more questions about StrongLifts 5x5 read a few of the guides found via Google. They will explain things more fully than I can here.

The most important overall aim is to get you in the habit of hitting the gym regularly and lifting in a sensible, progressive manner to a programme.

Once you have spent 3-6 months building the habit then think about something more complex or tailored to aesthetic goals

For now, just focus on forming the habit of going at least 3 times a week
>>
>>36081575
What about exercises I can't do at all? Like dips?
>>
>>36080097
Stong app. It's 5 bux but you've got bigger problems if you can't pay 5$ for an app
>>
>>36081518
Quiet troll.
>>
A notebook and pen.

Is convenient, keeps my phone away from heavy shit and it doesnt need internet nor power
>>
During the workout: Stronglifts 5x5 app (since that's the program I'm currently following)
After the workout: Spreadsheet (since I obviously won't be on Stronglifts forever and want to start a method now for tracking this longer term)
>>
>>36080372
Juat read the book man, how do you expect to make it if you don't take the time to understand what you are supposed to do?

As for form just record yourself with your phone and compare it with YouTube tutorials.

If you cant do dips or pull ups use the assistant machine
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 720x960
>>36081586

Find a substitute exercise online or use assistance techniques. For example with dips you can support part of your weight with your legs and use your arms as much as possible for the rest till you're strong enough to do them unassisted. Dips are great so build up to them. Done guns also have machines which will assist you for dips and pull ups. Ask the staff if they have one.

The main thing is to get in the habit of lifting. I used to be skinny now I can take gym selfies like this which I send to Tinder sluts and they beg me to throw them round the room.
>>
>>36080097
Fit notes app
>>
>>36080097
With a pen and a small notepad that fits in my pocket.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.