[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is red meat really bad for you, or SJW propaganda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: 20101020sandwich-salami.jpg (146 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
20101020sandwich-salami.jpg
146 KB, 500x333
Is red meat really bad for you, or SJW propaganda?
>>
its great for you

its just usually has high fat and carbs to protein ratios
>>
Yes it is bad for you, the only meat you should eat is free range non gmo chicken and open water fish. stick to soy and nuts for your protein, it digests a lot easier in your stomach
>>
go vegan
>>
>>36076495

All burned foods can contain trace amounts of carcinogens like benzopyrene. If you are worried, avoid BBQ and smoked meats, eat boiled, boiled, and baked meats instead. Lightly pan fried or grilled meats, such as a properly cooked steak, would be fine too. Deep fried also avoids this problem, but obviously ruins the macro balance.

This also extends to vegetables. Don't burn them on the grill and then eat them if you absolutely want to avoid food based carcinogens. That being said, the effect is minimal to the point of quite probably being clinically irrelevant.

>>36076579

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>36076579
This
>>
>>36076579
>stick to soy
Maybe you want gyno (probably), but not me
>>
I am beginning to really think it is hard to justify eating meat for sustenance when it isn't necessary. Any argument seems to revolve around stuff that becomes morally questionable if you start probing at all. But I still eat meat so I guess I am not thinking that hard about it.
>>
>>36076628
>>36076641
>2016
>not knowing who trappy is
http://imgur.com/a/SKR7F

probably the most famous and respected trip in the board

gtfo newfags
>>
>>36076678

It tastes good. It's easier to eat a complete diet that includes meat than one that doesn't. Yeah, you can live without meat. You can even make gains without meat. You can also make gains without a barbell. No reason to stop using the barbell.
>>
>>36076691

Of course I know who that is. That's the fucking problem. If you are using a trip for threads where your identity doesn't contribute anything meaningful, you are doing it fucking wrong.

>and respected

piss off.
>>
>>36076691
I know who trappy is, hence the probably
>>
>>36076495

animals arent supposed to consume muscular tissue carnivores just eat organs intestine and fats for vitamin content
>>
>>36076691
>Listening to someone who injected themselves with anti-gains hormones
baka desu senpai
>>
>>36076495
jesus fucking christ. of all the shit you could eat that's "bad for you", you ask about meat?

it's bullshit politics, through and through. Do you want to be built like a lion or a wildebeest? because if there's nothing those always true, and never reactionary thinsperational posts tell me, it's "you are what you eat".
>>
Red meat is pretty fucking bad for me, don't know about how bad it is for you, OP.
>>
>>36076718
I'm not an animal.
>>
>>36076691
>http://imgur.com/a/SKR7F
>Brown eyes
Well there goes my suspicions that tiny trip became trappy-chan
>>
>>36076691
Fuck off trappy, and keep your fucking trip on all the time if you're going to use it at all.
>>
>>36076495
>still eating meat and dairy in (current year)

kek
>>
>>36076718

Nigga what

They eat the organs first because it's the easiest. If you think animals don't eat muscle, leave a carcass in a rural area for a few days and come back.
>>
>>36076755
Then what kind of plant are you?
>>
>>36076710
Trappy, Trappy
Dress so snappy.
Makes the /fit/ trolls so unhappy.
Giving tips for massive gains,
Like doing squats and eating grains.
Trappy how I pine for thee,
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: dominos_handmade_pan_pizza_01.jpg (730 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dominos_handmade_pan_pizza_01.jpg
730 KB, 1600x1200
Is dominos really bad for you, or SJW propaganda?
>>
>>36076789
If you boil out the calories it's fine
>>
>>36076789
iifym
>>
>>36076789

Yeah you gotta get papa johns that's where the gains at
>>
>>36076495
It's propaganda.
/thread
>>
Meat in general is bad for you, either stop eating it or eat very little of it.
>>
>>36076828
>/thread
Weird, I can still post here.
>>
>>36076579
why do peole listen to a mentally ill homosexual

>>36076495
Red meat has been typically purported to raise bad choesterol levels due to the high amount of saturated fat. Steak and roasts however have visible fat that you can avoid eating, and eat only the muscle fibres. Humans are mammals, so our proteome is similar to other mammals- beef has a perfect amino acid profike unlike chicken and fish- not to say chicken and fish arent good for you. Imo beef steak is the #1 Godly gains food out there. Within 30 minutes of eating i feel my DOMs fade and i feel stronger. The niacin and iron in red meat also help your vascular health which speeds recovery and boosts your lifts (niacin dilates your veins allowing increased bloodflow)
>>
>>36076846
>believing the dietary cholesterol meme

Bitch, cholesterol is good for test
>>
>>36076846
>Imo beef steak is the #1 Godly gains food out there.

This is heart disease gains we're talking here ?
>>
>>36076866

He didn't say dietary cholesterol. He said that saturated fat consumption resulted in higher levels of bad cholesterol in the blood. Which is true.

"Bad cholesterol" is less dense than "good cholesterol", this is because what they are actually measuring is the concentration of different densities of cholesterol/fat globules in the blood. Good cholesterol is high density, less fat and more protein, bad cholesterol is lower density, more fat less protein.

However, as you can imagine, the greatest contributing factor is simply whether or not you have a ton of body fat. If you don't, you probably don't need to worry about it.
>>
File: 064.jpg (105 KB, 680x526) Image search: [Google]
064.jpg
105 KB, 680x526
>>36076787
>>
>>36076495
That sandwich reminds me of your mum
>>
>>36076893

Being fat causes heart disease. A strip steak is almost entirely protons and has like 300 calories for a half pound cut.

A shame it's way more expensive than chicken
>>
>>36076495

Meat is fantastic for you - in fact, almost everything is in the proper amounts. Including shit like datura.

The problem is that, once again, the naturally occurring substance is taking the fall for the industry.

What do you think is worse? Meat - which humans have been eating since the dawn of their existence? Or hormones/antibiotics/and feed substitutes that the industry uses to sustain it's bloated corpulence?

The same exact thing happened with tobacco. You ever wonder how big tobacco was able to produce studies in the 70's which showed that tobacco does not cause cancer? They used lab grown tobacco. Now, when they were mandated to use their own cigarettes - the leaf in which is absolutely saturated with glyophysates - well then you have cancer.

The problem is that the entire Western agricultural industry depends on glyophysates - just as the entire Western meat industry depends on hormones/antibiotics/and feed substitutes. There's just far too much money involved to tell the truth.
>>
>>36076914
Enjoy your shitty digestive system
>>
>>36076579

Lactose-intolerant sub-human detected.
>>
>>36076939
>if you eat meat, you don't eat vegetables
>>
>>36076579
Trappy, I've been a long time fan but you just alienated me permanently. Please save this shame and end yourself.
>>
>>36076965
It's not her, look at the tripcode
>>
>>36076953
Oh so you have to eat vegetables so meat doesn't fuck your digestive system up? Thanks for admitting your problem.
>>
>>36076999
I know right! It's almost like we were meant to eat both.
>>
>>36076799
underbraised roast
>>
>>36076999
>Oh so you have to breathe air so blood doesn't fuck your cardiovascular system up? Thanks for admitting your problem.
>>
>>36076495
There's sooooome evidence that suggests red meat is bad for the elderly. But in that same study, it shows that people who ate white meat did better

So eat chicken breast motherfucker.
>>
>>36077016
>I'm going to take some cocaine here then eat a bunch of vegetables after
I know right! It's almost like we were meant to take both.
>>
>>36077052
>I'm going to go vegan, I have to take b12 as to not become anemic or incur irreversible nerve damage
Thank you for admitting your problem anon.
>>
>>36076979
I don't memorize trip codes. Tbh I just use the honor system, but I guess that's my mistake.
>>
>>36076583
this
>>
>>36076579
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>36076495
>Is red meat really bad for you, or SJW propaganda?
YES it's propaganda you moron, it's all a conspiracy to breed all the aggression out of males, make us all fat and compliant and easy for governments to control! Aren't you paying attention?
>>
Its not that its inherently bad for you its that the average modern person eats it much to regularly
>>
>>36076691
That's not trappy you fucking moron. Check the name, tripcode and even the way they type. YOU are the newfag for falling for such lowtier shit.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.