[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My buddy again. How the fuck do I get this huge? I saw him explode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3
File: buddy.jpg (50 KB, 760x960) Image search: [Google]
buddy.jpg
50 KB, 760x960
My buddy again. How the fuck do I get this huge? I saw him explode in the last year. I'm a complete skeleton compared to him. I'm training for strength (as per /fit/) while he's doing stuff "for mass". More sets, more reps.
>>
>>36075557
He ate food.
>>
Eat a lot and do a body builder program. Strength programs optimize for strength, body builder programs optimize for size. Both give strength and size, but if size is your primary goal, the body builder programs will get you there more efficiently.
>>
>>36075557
He looks like shit
>>
File: image.png (396 KB, 608x414) Image search: [Google]
image.png
396 KB, 608x414
Your buddy is running testosterone enanthate
Run a beginner cycle to catch up to his blocky look, then run a second cycle of test/tren/mast and cut at the end to surpass him
>>
>>36075581
>body builder program

Suggestions for one? Would that be like a PPLPPLx? I want to do a ULxULxx but I'm not sure about details, should I do like 4x8-12 reps for all exercises? Got a program that would work for me?
>>
>>36075591

it doesn't matter since he has arms bigger than his head, which I wish I had.
>>
>>36075557
What are your height, weight, and your lifts?
>>
Don't fall for the big arms meme. You don't want to look like a retarded disproportionate asshole like your buddy.
>>
>>36075557
It looks like you photoshopped his head smaller.
>>
>>36076427
182 cm 81 kg lifts are pretty shit 86 bench 53 ohp 116 squat 138 dl
>>
>>36075557

he's fat
>>
>>36076722

for the record he lifts less than me at least on squat and dead, he told me
>>
>>36076742
It's you faggot, who would be ballsy enough to post gay man-worship threads about their friends on the internet where anybody could see it?

My ass is it your buddy.
>>
>>36076831

,,, what?
>>
>>36076831

Ok I think I finally decyphered what the fuck you were trying to say... no it's not me in the OP pic, it's a picture my gym buddy put on FB and I'm flustered that I'm not as big as him despite training roughly the same amount of time and having some advantages (I live right next to the gym).
>>
>>36075581
>Eat a lot and do a body builder program. Strength programs optimize for strength, body builder programs optimize for size

There's people on /fit/ right now who believe this.
>>
>>36077573

There's people on /fit/ who believe they'll get big by doing one exercise per bodypart with 3 sets of 5 with 5 minutes breaks in between.
>>
>>36077573
if you don't, you're an idiot
>>
>>36078903

OP here. Please tell me more.
>>
>>36075557
Your friend is actually just damn fat, probably a bit above average muscle mass on him but his fat free mass index would be pretty unimpressive. His body type is nothing to be admired imo, it shows a lack of discipline, intelligent training and an obsession with being "bigger" than other people. He needs to eat less and you need to eat way more, add a couple accessory exercises for 3x10 after your compound lifts on whatever body part you feel needs most attention immediately, changing if need be.
>>
>>36079043

Thanks dude. Should I do for example 3x10 of BB bench, DB bench, or something different like dips, inclines, cable flyes, db flyes?
>>
>>36079043
>fat
How's that body dysmorphia treating you?
>>
>>36075557

He's a big guy
>>
>>36075581
>>36075608
>>36075782
>>36075794

Bunch of retards ITT, OP included

Guy obviously has some muscle mass which is covered by fat. Dudes at 15%+ BF (note the belly).
Basically it's fatceps with some muscle beneath.
>>
bump

pls gib me a program
>>
>>36078894
That's exactly how Plers lift and they make Arnold and Ronnie look like children.
>>
>>36081384
> and they make Arnold and Ronnie look like children.

No they don't. Coleman is gigantic and so was Arnold, plers look fat and have baby arms/fatceps. I don't give a shit if Elgintensity or whatever lifts as much as Arnold, he looks much worse by comparison.
>>
>he's doing stuff for mass
>he's much bigger than me

HMMMM
>>
>>36082708
Elgintensity is not a good example of a good powerlifter or physique, hes a lawyer that doubles as a le memetube man in his spare time
>>
>>36075557
To be honest he doesnt look that good.

Lota of fat
>>
>>36082754

t. skeletor

>>36082733

How do I also do stuff for mass?
>>
>>36079078
You should already be doing BB bench as part of your compounds... squat/dead/bench/ohp. Add in gay shit like curls and push downs, rando ab work and something to target the rear delts
>>
>>36082759
It's actually not bad to take a strength based program and build upon it. Take greyskull and add high rep accessories. Or take a basic push/pull split based upon heavy compounds and then add high rep accessories.

Building muscle size is about progressive overload and volume. You have to have volume that you don't get from barebones strength programs.
>>
>>36076897
>I live right next to the gym

this extra cardio for him should actually seal the deal in your favor
dont know wtf is up with your friend, maybe he is not human
>>
>>36082771
>You should already be doing BB bench as part of your compounds... squat/dead/bench/ohp.

I already do that but the question is how to arrange them in the week, how many sets, how many reps, how much rest... do I focus on the quality of contraction or just getting the weight up. It's how you train.
>>
>>36082759
I think nowadays it's called "powerbuilding"

20 years ago we called it common sense.
Do a basic PPLxPPL , or PxPxLx routine where you do the compounds on 5x5 with the last AMRAP set.

Do secondary movements (Rows, dips, chin ups, pull ups ) 3 x 8

Do the others (curls, triceps extensions, cable work ) 3 x 10 (whenever you feel like pumping just do one more drop set of 8's (8/8/8))

That's about it.
It worked 20 years ago, nothing fucking changed. All this new fitness bullshit has got you kids completely fucked up in the head.
>>
>>36082786
Best reply in thread
>>
>>36082786
> Take greyskull and add high rep accessories.

Why are the accessories always high rep but not the basic lifts? What's wrong with benching 5x10?
>>
>>36082824
Because lower rep is the best way to get stronger and achieve progressive overload. Higher rep accessories are where you get volume.

You could in theory do everything low reps and do more sets to achieve the same total volume. However this will lead you to spend 3 hours in the gym.
>>
>>36082824
Nothing, if you want hypertrophy.

But let me get something clear, if you do the same bench pressing for x10 as you do for x5 you are only fooling yourself.

The form used in strength training optimizes your ability to lift the bar while using the maximum amount of muscle force available from that position.
The bench press in bodybuilding has a completely different purpose - pumping up the pecs.

If you want to optimize your strength, you better do the bench as Rippetits explained it in SS.
If you want to do bench for hypertrophy, you will have to forget about Shoulder impingment and lift the bar closer to your chin than to your nips.
>>
>>36082824
less reps = more weight
more weight = more strength
>>
>>36082922

In case you missed the memo I want more size.

>>36082816

Thanks. Would I do Bench and OHP in the same session? Well I'm gonna hit the gym now.
>>
>>36082950
>>36082950
If you do PPLxPPL, do the Bench press on the first one and the OHP on the second one.

If you do PxPxLx, switch them between workouts while still doing the bench but 3x8.

For example, I do PPLxPPL so I name it Push day A and push day B

Push day A :
Bench Press 5x5 1xAMRAP
Dips 3x8
Dumbbell overhead press 3x8
Lateral raises 3 x 10
Tricep Extensions 3 x 10 + 1 x 8/8/8

Push day B:
OHP 5x5
Triceps dips 3x8
Incline db bench press 3x10
Lateral cable raises 3 x 10
Triceps kickbacks 3 x 10 1 x 8/8/8
>>
>>36082950
If you stick with 3 workouts a day, no. If you do a split, you should alternate them on push day. And then do higher rep dumbbell incline bench and dumbell overhead press.
>>
>>36082999

Thanks, this is awesome.

I'm going to adopt your routine but go for a 4 day Upper/Lower split.

UaLaxUbLbxx

>If you stick with 3 workouts a day, no. If you do a split, you should alternate them on push day.

So no in both cases.
>>
>>36075557
>I want to know how this person I hang out with IRL does it
>let's ask internet strangers instead of him

Nice troll thread. I'm guessing "buddy" is OP and this is an attention whore thread.
>>
>>36075608
what the fuck he's just fat
>>
>>36083243

Next time I see him I'll just ask him exactly what he does. Thing is though it's always something vague and I like having your input on it as well. I'll come back here to corroborate.
>>
File: Rich Piana.png (176 KB, 871x920) Image search: [Google]
Rich Piana.png
176 KB, 871x920
>>36075557
follow Rich Piana's Bigger By The Day bro.
You're like 45 days behind so you'll need to eat 20 meals a day for the next couple months or so to catch up
WHATEVER IT TAKES
>>
>>36075557
Get on a powerbuilding routine and eat. You'll be stronger than him and either be his size or bigger.
>pump chasers move bitch weight # fuckchrisjones
>>
>>36083271
nigga doesn't want to share his gains magic with you, you should respect that
>>
>>36082999
what I do with my PPL is move my shoulders to leg day.

so

Push: bench, incline, flyes, dips, 2 tricep extensions. I alternate wide grip and narrow bench

push: DL, pull ups, some sort of row, chinups, curls curls curls.

Legs + shoulders: alternate front and back squats each session, leg curls, calve extensions, OHP, and a couple other shoulder accessories that I always rotate.

This is similar to what tiny trip used and it works pretty well for awhile, gotta change up every routine eventually though.
>>
>>36082743
He looks exactly like I imagine a powerlifter. Well, if he gained 10-20 pounds of fat
>>
>>36081384
That is not at all how PLers lift.

No strong PLer is doing fucking starting strength, they're all usually training with high volume and tapering down for meets.
>>
>>36075557
nigga looks like a cartoon chracter
>>
>>36075557
Your friend is fat by fit standards. He probably lifted heavy, did some accessories, and ate more than enough to recover and as a result actually looks like he lifts. He won't have abs but I bet he doesn't care either
>>
>>36083338
It works too, although you might experience some imbalances in your shoulders since you work them out twice per PPL.

If you have no problem till now - do continue, just remember that having sour delts will mess with your bench.

Doing PPLxPPL like this will lead to you working out your shoulders 4xWeek and that is just a bit too much.
>>
>>36075608
What is that about "high androgen receptor indication" ?

And isn't how the traps look dependent on their insertion? Some have very visibly traps and others don't. I have visible traps but they are weak as fuck
>>
>>36083490
and that dude on the right he just has low trap insertions making his less visible from that angle?
>>
>>36083448
>No profesisional PL is doing a novice program
no fucking shit dumbo or do you actually believe that they started with tapering and high volume ?
>>36082708
They do though lad any of Russian plers make Arnold and coleman look like kiddies.
>>
>>36083555
>Coleman
lolnope. He was fuckhuge and strong.
>>
>>36083555

Klokov doesn't. Have you seen Coleman's legs? You're talking out your ass.
>>
>>36083271
>it's always something vague

Roids confirmed.

>>36083332
>gains magic

Will use as a synonym for roids from now on. Nice.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.