[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keto Diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: ketomacrosbrah.jpg (237 KB, 1000x798) Image search: [Google]
ketomacrosbrah.jpg
237 KB, 1000x798
On the keto diet for my seventh day, already lost 10 lbs.
>inb4 water weight
i know. but not all of it. a decent amount of fat has been lost as well. I am sticking with it for 3 weeks. any tips/advice for me?
>>
>>36062826
That is water weight, anon. Be prepared for a week or two of no weight loss or even weight gain as your body adapts. Once you're past that, the fat will start melting away.

About a month in. 7 pounds lost and beyond the plateau stage.
>>
>>36062826
can keto vegetarian be done? (done well)
>>
>>36062826

>i know. but not all of it. a decent amount of fat has been lost as well.

How would you know?
>>
>>36062869
You'll grow tits from all the soy you'll have to eat.
>>
>>36062887
shirts look bigger on me (i noticed this but some friends told me themselves), and slightly more abdominal definition
>>
>>36062854
so how long do you recommend doing it?
>>
>>36063070
Some people do it for life (just adjust the calories for weight gain or loss). Personally I will do it until I'm 10% BF then I'll look into variations that support a bulking mindset (carb loading maybe)
>>
File: 1454562137421.jpg (46 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1454562137421.jpg
46 KB, 480x640
>be me
>curious about keto, see threads on fit all the time
>decide to try it out to see what all the fuss is about
>be a few days in, feel strange, but cant tell if its working yet
>go to take a pee
>fart
>diarrhoea comes out my butt
>what the hell

never again
>mfw
>>
enjoy your kidney stones and high cholesterol with literally zero benefit compared to regular dieting
>>
>>36062826
The fat you have lost, assuming you are at a caloric deficit, will be lost. Once you stop keto and resume carb fueled energy mode you shall regain all the water.
ALL OF IT
>>
>>36062826
ketofag here

do it for at least 2 months, you will then see full results
>>
>>36065931
>kidney stones on keto myth again
you must be fully retarded
>>
>>36067732
>assuming you are at a caloric deficit
you do not need caloric deficit on keto to lose fat tissue
>>
>>36068183
please show evidence for this claim and promptly collect your nobel prize
>>
>>36065894
shit happens
>>
>>36068183
Then do this for me. Be on a keto diet, disregard calories but make sure to count them to ensure that every day you are at surplus. Then stop keto and do a standard diet, maintenance calories, for two weeks. I want weight ins every day.
>>
>>36068244
you'll not gonna believe me anyway - so try it yourself
>>
>>36068341
no

But I'll believe you, just do it fegit. Take your weight daily, track every single piece of food you ingest,then come back.
>>
>>36068459
ok .... so i will provide evidence in the near future (or maybe not so near)
>>
>>36068509
Good job. Remember do keto for two weeks, eat every day at a surplus. Then get off keto and do a standard diet, maintenance calories. Record weight every single day.
Lift as normal.
>>
>>36068532
will provide data over longer period of time. (~2-3 months keto then 1 off) starting march 1st). no lifting, as it is hard to count calories burned during phisical activity. will post in a thread with the exact main pic.
>>
>>36062869
Can be done, yes.

Can be done well: No.
>>
>>36068611
Define done and define done well
>>
I don't understand

Milk has carbs
Vegetables have carbs
>>
I started keto recently but not 100% because I'm diabetic and ketosis would literally kill me, so basically keto-lite.

What difference does the lack of complex carbs make in the keto diet? What is the goal of the keto diet if not to lose weight?

Been unable to find answers to either of these questions so far.
>>
>>36069378
>not 100% because I'm diabetic and ketosis would literally kill me
only if you are a Type 1 diabetic - meaning you were born with it.... if you are type 2 - you'll be fine. if you are type 1 - DON't DO KETO WITHOUT A SUPERVISION OF A M.D.!

>What difference does the lack of complex carbs make in the keto diet?
carbs are basically carbs. don;t matter if complex or not. glycemic index is what counts the most so it will not spike your insulin

>What is the goal of the keto diet if not to lose weight?
preserve as much muscle mass as possible and fix your hormone sensitivity in the long run
>>
>>36068703
not impossible but insanely stupid to go through
>>
>>36062826
Keto is retarded. Just count your calories you cuck
>>
>>36069486
did you ever went full-keto or just full-retard?
>>
>>36069456
I'm type 1, I've been in ketosis many times in my life and I'm well aware of how dangerous it is

>carbs are basically carbs. don;t matter if complex or not. glycemic index is what counts the most so it will not spike your insulin
The carbs thing is demonstrably false, and diabetics don't produce insulin (or very little in the case of pregnancy and type 2 diabetes)

>What is the goal of the keto diet if not to lose weight?
>fix your hormone sensitivity
I don't have a hormone sensitivity

Stop talking out of your shitter please
>>
>>36069696
>ignore what does not apply to you
>>
>>36069696
>The carbs thing is demonstrably false
care to explain?
>>
>>36069748
I did, which is all of it. Doesn't mean I shouldn't point out bullshit when I see it

>>36069761
Full grains and whole carbs have hands upon hands of benefits over processed carbs, especially but not limited to refined flours and sugars. Also low GI is common in complex/full carbs but high GI carbs are also very beneficial at certain times, especially so in relation to fitness/endurance.
>>
>>36069859
you do know that your body (and microbiota) will metabolize those complex carbs into glucose (and later if needed into glycogen) - for your body there is no difference in the long run (if the complex carb is digestable either by you (liver) or your microbiota). just how fast can you turn them into glucose - hance GI differes for different sugars and that is generally the only difference.

everything is beneficial at certein times

>full carbs
where did you come up with this term m8?
>>
>>36063070
Brah if you aren't on a crazy calorie deficit, chances are it's 99% water loss.

Do it at least for 12 weeks. I'd do it until I'm happy with what I see in the mirror.
>>
>>36069934
>you do know that your body (and microbiota) will metabolize those complex carbs into glucose (and later if needed into glycogen)
As well as the proteins and fats. Just because my body both produces and uses glucose doesn't mean I should eat nothing but sugar all day because believe it or not your body needs more than energy to survive.

That's also not done by your glut flora nor your liver, in fact your liver produces sugar.

Go back to school and stop shitposting on imageboards until you learn what you're talking about.
>>
>>36062826

>Eating less than 100g of carbs a day.

Have fun losing all your muscle. No good eating shit load of protein with no energy to build the muscle.
>>
>>36065931
brah you won't have high cholestrol if you're eating healthy fats

idiots on the keto reddit eat bacon and cheese as a main source of fats

intelligent keto'ers mainly use nuts, olive oil, nut butters, etc
>>
>>36069988
>That's also not done by your glut flora nor your liver
>Go back to school and stop shitposting on imageboards
wow ... you are funny :D do you even understand what you are reading?

you have no idea how your body works... do you? you just know slogans :D

>full carbs
>whole carbs
>>
>>36068183
I do keto and you're an idiot

Energy doesn't just disappear

Calories in vs Calories out

Only difference is water retention, satiety and protein-sparing weight loss

KYS
>>
>>36068713
Vegetables have mostly fiber (which dont count towards carbs) carbs - fiber
Milk has sugar
>>
>>36070054
>Energy doesn't just disappear
>Calories in vs Calories out
who says it dissapears? eg. if you exhale ketone bodies (which you sometimes do) does this mean they dissapear???

there are maaaany other examples :D
>>
>>36069456
desu carbs aren't just carbs

i hate when people say that

vegetables have way more micronutrients than processed carbs
>>
>>36070081
>vegetables have way more micronutrients than processed carbs
i don't think anybody is debating that
>>
>>36070004
>No good eating shit load of protein with no energy to build the muscle.
wat
>>
>>36062869
Raw vegan for extreme weight loss is a thing.
>>
>>36070004

Carbs are essential in order to build muscle.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/planet27.htm

"but also going low carbohydrate is absolutely disastrous for athletes who want to build muscle faster"

There is zero need to go full keto to lose fat. I eat on average around 180g of carbs per day. It's a reduction but nowhere near keto. I'm on my second cut cycle now and in 2 months I have lost 6kg of fat and gaine 1kg of muscle. Keto kills gains.
>>
>>36070127
Meant for >>36070099
>>
>
Carbs are essential in order to build muscle.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/planet27.htm

hahahahahahha made my day.
>>
>>36070127
>citing a bodybuilding.com article as his source
I didn't come here to defend keto, but Jesus Christ, you are retarded.
>>
>>36071085
The guy who wrote the article is a biochemist and biophysicist
>>
Can you guis give me some infographic or keto for idiot starting guide?
>>
>>36070127

Yeah but nobody bulks on keto lmao... Keto is a protein-sparing diet used for cutting. Once I want to build muscle I'll start eating carbs again.
>>
>>36062894
I have never eaten soy products at any point while doing keto. Try harder
>>
Making the same thread every day is spam. Keep your fad diet garbage on reddit where it belongs.
>>
>>36071285
You know what's also protein sparing? Carbohydrates and protein.
>>
>>36070077
You exhale acetone, a byproduct of fat breakdown. The only reason it's mentioned in reference to a keto diet is because it happens in a greater amount because we only eat fat for fuel, as opposed to carbs.

Stupid posts like this is why the average Joe on here shits on the diet. Do your research before you make other ketoers look like medicine men.
>>
>>36071341
>insert link to countless studies showing keto to be one of the best muscle sparing diets recently discovered

God you people. Literally have endless data at your fingertips and you choose to utilize none of it. Willing ignorance is fucking disgusting.
>>
>>36071401
>*recently rediscovered

It's actually been a primary macro ratio for countless cultures over history
>>
>>36071401
And yet you can't post a single one, because your hallucinations have no basis in reality. Seek professional help.
>>
>>36071433
No, I could, I just don't put in more effort to prove people wrong than they're willing to prove they're right. If you want to post something besides broscience addressing your point then maybe I'll bother.

You made the uninformed claim first, feel free to try and back it up and I'll return the favor.
>>
>>36071541
Nah kiddo, you must be confusing me with another poster. You're the one with the positive claim, that there is some superiority of your diet-religion, and trying to distract with infantile shitflinging instead of substantiating it. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence!
>>
File: ketogenic diet.png (161 KB, 800x316) Image search: [Google]
ketogenic diet.png
161 KB, 800x316
If keto is a meme then why is it neuroprotective and cures epilepsy?
>Clinical trials and studies in animal models suggest that ketogenic diets provide neuroprotective and disease-modifying benefits for a number of adult neurodegenerative disorders.
>Almost half of children and young people with epilepsy who have tried some form of this diet saw the number of seizures drop by at least half, and the effect persists even after discontinuing the diet.
>The ketone bodies are possibly anticonvulsant in themselves; in animal models, acetoacetate and acetone protect against seizures. The ketogenic diet results in adaptive changes to brain energy metabolism that increase the energy reserves; ketone bodies are a more efficient fuel than glucose, and the number of mitochondria is increased. This may help the neurons to remain stable in the face of increased energy demand during a seizure, and may confer a neuroprotective effect.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet
>>
File: ketosis guide.jpg (481 KB, 1541x844) Image search: [Google]
ketosis guide.jpg
481 KB, 1541x844
>>36071271
>>
>>36072295
thanks senpai
>>
>>36071228
>everything a biochemist says is true
Bb.com articles are written for the purpose of selling products.
>>
>>36071615
And I was responding to someone who made a blind claim in the first place. Niceb8m8 I fell for it.
>>
>>36071831

Do you have epilepsy and use a ketogenic diet to treat it? If not, bringing that up makes no sense. Why not go through chemo treatment before you have cancer?
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.