[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
harder for women to lose weight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: a0VZtvW.png (9 KB, 859x61) Image search: [Google]
a0VZtvW.png
9 KB, 859x61
tell it to me like it is /fit/, is it harder for women to lose weight?
>>
Oestrogen affects the placement of fat on the body. Typically, a woman will have more fat on her tits and thighs (which is where they'd prefer to lose fat) because of this. Testosterone causes fat to accumulate around the stomach, where it's less noticeable and not a concern for men.
>>
>>36036997

Shes wrong.
Stubborn fat just means it gets lost as the last fat, if you are on a deficit long enough you will lose the stubborn fat to, even if you are some magic woman who defies physical laws.
>>
>>36036997
No, it's just they have to eat less than a man trying to lose weight.
The problem with chicks is they can develop the same appetite as a fat guy, and because women are proportionately smaller than men, have far less muscle, and a substantially lower metabolism, they have a big problem when they have the same appetite.

Basically men have to cut at around 2000 calories for a decent deficit, women have to cut around at ~1300. They think it's harder because they are used to eating much more than they need. It's not actually harder, it's just different, since they physically need less food.
>>
>>36037022
That's wrong. Google it.
>>
>>36037136
He's right, google anorexic girls and ask yourself how much stubborn fat they have
>>
>>36037136
https://www.reddit.com/r/Showerthoughts/comments/45xnod/i_have_never_seen_a_plus_sized_male_model/d014iz1?context=3
here you go, tell her she's wrong. She might actually make people believe its the truth
>>
File: 1387557819096.gif (1 MB, 400x256) Image search: [Google]
1387557819096.gif
1 MB, 400x256
>so you know though a man and woman eating the same exact deficit will see different weight loss results

Because different people require different deficits
>>
Sort of. Men have a higher TDEE 99% of the time. That stubborn fat BS in there is retarded though. Men have stubborn fat on their stomachs and chests.
>>
Stubborn fat is stubborn because your body is keeping it around for a day when there's no more food.

You want to lose the stubborn fat, try starving yourself for 30 days.
>>
>>36036997
Yes, women require less calories and therefore many less calories to lose weight, so they need stricter diets, for example, a man would certainly lose weight at 1200 calories a day, but a short woman might not, she might need even less than that.

Men also have higher testosterone and build muscle faster, increasing their tdee. It's easier for them to gain muscle, but that's it.
>>
iirc this article has something on metabolism. It is still a good read regardless.

http://www.strengtheory.com/gender-differences-in-training-and-diet/
>>
>>36037637
You're an idiot. Problem fat is problem fat because of beta receptors.
>>
Women weigh less and have less BMR by default. But, it scales, percentage wise. It would be just as easy for a woman to lose 10% of her weight as a man, even though that might equate to fewer actual pounds.
>>
She's right you know, men are better disciplined and all around superior to women, so it makes sense that we'd have an easier time doing anything.
>>
>>36037612
>chests

You did GOMAD, didn't you?
>>
>>36036997
no
they only need eat less
while men need to eat less and lift, because after the cut, if you are a dude, your body looks like shit if you were fat
>>
>>36040681
also beta orbiters are around them all the way
men don't have that and get depresed more easy when dealing with weight problems
that sounds way too /r9k/ but its the truth
>>
>>36037079
This desu.

When I see the ammounts my gf has to eat in order to lose weight whenever she's put on a few pounds and wants to go back to her ideal weight, I feel bad for her.
>>
i literally have to eat 1000 calories a day MAXIMUM to lose weight and i'm a 5'8 grill

if i'm lifting that way i can get away with MAYBE 1500

it fucking sucks dick

and since i used to be a fatty i feel like thats permanently changed how much food my body thinks it wants
>>
>>36036997
not exactly

they have lower BF % in general, though.

So a woman getting to 10% is like a man getting to 6%

Not to mention they don't grow muscle as well, so may appear softer
>>
>>36040774
Why bother losing weight, just eat at maintenance and squat harder.
That way you can keep your tits and build that ass.
>>
>>36036997
Because women have smaller caloric amounts when they go to cut down they have a smaller starting point. Other than that, losing weight is not harder
>>
>>36036997
She's wrong if she's implying that two physiologically different people eating at proprtionately identical deficits won't lose the same amount of weight. It's a hypothetical anyway because you can't precisely measure energy in/out, but in the long term the results would be about the same.

I would agree though that it's a bit harder for women to actually stick to an eating plan because there are a lot more hormonal changes at play affecting appetite, but these can be overcome.

>>36040774
How thin are you that your TDEE is that low? I ask because I'm 5'7 144lbs and I can still lose weight on 1900 (deficit of 500-600) if I do an hour in the gym that day.

I do miss being able to burn 2500 calories by simply existing.
>>
>>36040758
>>36040774

The plight of womanlets is real. I can't even go out to eat with friends and finish my meal normally, because a normal portion is already too much for me. It's ridiculous ;_;

I'm just glad I don't live in America where even a small portion is really big.
>>
>>36036997
at this point this "it's hormones lol" has become as stupid as "because of quantum physics!"
>>
>>36042140

True. Hormones fuck up a lot for sure, but they won't make you fat or make it impossible to lose weight. Hell, I gain a good 3 kg every month for a few days, just water weight, but if I gain 10 kg that sticks you can be sure it's because I ate too much junk.

Although it is more difficult for women to get ripped, due to bf being so much higher. That irks me sometimes, I'd like to have visible abs just once.
>>
>>36036997
women are designed to hold a little extra fat on their stomach to protect that special organ for babies and shit. not cow-like though its only small amount which is really hard to get rid of. other than that its not much more difficult
>>
I think it's easier for men to lose weight.

If I want to lose weight, I have to eat 1200 calories per day.
If I want to stay the same weight, I get 1400 calories.

1200 is a sad existence, food-wise. Whereas for men, they could probably lose weight with 1600 calories, and they could still eat quite a lot of different types of food.
>>
>>36042112
>normal portions are too big
>normal
>too big

Fuckhead your tdee chooses what a normal portion size is
>>
>>36036997
She's talking about the "exact same deficit" and that means she's saying physics is wrong.

What she probably means is "eating the exact same amount", which would be true. Men's bodies have more muscle and men are taller on average, so men have higher TDEE to begin with and will need to eat more to maintain their weight.

But smaller bodies should also become full faster, so it should all amount to the same thing. And shorter, weaker males will ahve the same issues as females, they're just less common.

Additionally, females are healthier at higher %bf levels than males, so it might just be the case that it's EASIER for them, as they don't have to lose so much anyway.
>>
>>36042526

No, the restaurant chooses what a normal/regular portion is dumbass.

I have a friend who only eats children's-size pizza.
>>
>>36042712
>smaller bodies should also become full faster

In theory this is true, but a lot of the food eaten in any remotely developed society around the world is nutritionally barren. I was trying to explain this to my mum the other day.

Assuming a small woman/manlet eats 1200 calories of very substantial food (balanced amounts of protein, fats, carbs, micros etc) then they'd certainly meet their energy requirements. The problem is that most people take for granted having, say, a soft drink or a milky/sugary Starbucks several times a week or even mulitple times a day. I'm not saying sugar is the antichrist but it is literally everywhere and you have to be aware of how much of your intake comes from good hearty calories vs. empty calories. I really like chocolate and dealing with a bit of hunger as a result at some point in the day is simply my cross to bear

It's nothing revolutionary but it is the reason why offices and call centres (in the UK at least) are full of fatties. A reasonable tall man could get away with 500 calories of hobnobs every day, they might even be a hungry skelly if their main meals are small, but a 5'2 woman would pack on the lbs.
>>
File: whatever.jpg (72 KB, 460x645) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
72 KB, 460x645
>>36043007
>A reasonable tall man could get away with 500 calories of hobnobs every day, they might even be a hungry skelly if their main meals are small, but a 5'2 woman would pack on the lbs.

Ding ding ding, you are correct. It really sucks.

I remember in high school I had male skelly friends telling me I should eat more, constantly. They lived on burgers, bags of chips and sausage rolls, on top of what their mom cooked them at home. 6"0+ still growing boys, meanwhile I'm 5"3 femlet. If they have girlfriends I bet they have accidently fattened them up by now.
>>
>>36043007
this. I'm 6'3 and 105kg, I can get away with a pretty good amount of snacking before I start gaining weight. It makes bulking a pain in the arse though, so I just sit around maintenance.
>>
>>36042712
>And shorter, weaker males will ahve the same issues as females, they're just less common.
A small man with the exact same height, weight and muscle mass as a small female have different (higher) TDEE. This is why the TDEE calculators asks for gender.
>>
>>36043057
>If they have girlfriends I bet they have accidently fattened them up by now.
Lol this. I think of this every time I hear a man complain about their chubby gf. "She was hot when we started dating, then she got 'comfortable'". It's like they don¨'t understand the mirroring effect.
>>
>>36036997
Yeah it is harder for women because they have a lower TDEE than men and therefore have to be stricter. Also because of female hormones it is harder for them to lose fat and they will store water more easily. On top of that because of their hormones it is probably also harder mentally to deal with this situation.

That being said being a skinny female is easier than being ottermode male. being a fit female though is the hardest.
>>
>>36042757
isn't that a good thing ? you don't need as much food, alcohol, drugs or anything for that matter because you weigh less. probably saves you a shitton of money in the long run.
>>
>>36036997
I bulk and cut and it's so so easy to put on weight. Horrifically easy.

Losing weight is easy too at first, but I find that for me if I reach a certain weight I can't lose anymore. At all. No matter what I do, even if I still have fat in places.

With each bulk/cut cycle the fat loss gets easier and I finish every cut leaner than I was at the last cut.

Controlling appetite is horrific. I cut at 1300-1400 calories and I bulk at 2000-2200. 1300 calories is like a handful of nuts, 2 eggs, maybe some cottage cheese and a salad. absolutelydisgusting.jpg and I hate cutting.
>>
>>36043248

Not really, because you tend to finish your plate anyway. Besides, most places don't have smaller portions so you still pay the same as everyone else, you just don't finish the meal, which is a waste of money.

I should clarifiy there is no such thing as a doggy bag in my country.

When it comes to groceries it can be cheaper, except I end up throwing away a lot of food because everything is in large packages.
>>
>>36036997
Women are on average smaller and need less calories to gain weight
Then again this also means women need less nutrients to stay functionality then men so it evens out

Basically, women who say this are actually saying "I tried losing weight once but I failed, telling myself I failed makes me feel depressed so I'll blame something I have no control over"

>gender
>genes
>race
>warped beliefs of health
Whatever, theyd blame the rotation of the moon in corralation to the sun divided by the mass of Jupiter if it meant not blaming themselves

>but that doesnt make sense
B.I.N.G.O.
These twats would rather fake confidence by believing in their own lies rather then life in reality
>>
Nothing triggers me more than when small/average girls balloon up during pregnancy and after
>>
>>36036997
yes, but not the way she explained.

first of all, she is right about eating at the same kcal. men will lose more weight because men has more muscle mass and bigger structure, which leads to more kcal burn in sedentary life.

but on the other side, women need less energy to live. while an average man would be tired as fuck at a 1500 kcal diet, a woman will live just fine.

they can operate their bodies with less fuel. how the fuck is that a bad thing? don't shove shit in your face and you will not be fat.
>>
>>36036997
>stubborn fat
Stupid fat, never listens!
I'm fed up with my fat so I'll go and confuse some of my muscles.
>>
>>36043625
Not necessarily. At low enough calories, it becomes incredibly difficult to fit in all the micro and macronutrients you need for optimal health while still hitting your calorie allotment. TDEE - 500 for me is literally a cut of 1100 calories/day. Since I'm smaller, I don't feel nearly as exhausted as a man would on 1100 calories, but I consistently run into problems with iron, nutrients, and protein because it's so hard to fit the sufficient amount into my calorie limit. Even maintaining is 1600-1700 cals and to hit protein requirements, I have to eat mostly protein (or a lot of whey), and then "spend" the rest of my calories on vegetables and fruits for micronutrients. Still have to supplement iron, I just can't get enough from my diet.

There's NO ROOM in my diet for fun food at all. That's my TDEE lifting weights + cardio too, it's not like I'm sedentary, just very small/short. Yeah that was an autistically long blog but my point is that we don't get fatigued from the low calories, but we do from nutrient deficiency, which is much harder to avoid on very low cals.

Fighting hormones is so fucking shit too. Men can't understand but during PMS I'm unbearably, painfully hungry all day long. There's nothing I can do about it except use iron willpower to resist eating, which sounds "lol easy u stuipid slut" but when you are physiologically compulsively craving food all day and you can't stop thinking about it, it's hard as fuck to resist.
>>
File: no.jpg (4 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
4 KB, 247x247
>>36037017
>women want to lose fat from tits and ass
>>
>>36037136
I think it is you who needs to locate actual sources. At this point the burden of proof is on you guys.
>>
>>36037017
>Testosterone causes fat to accumulate around the stomach
I wonder if this was natural selection to help men survive getting stabbed in the stomach with swords and whatnot
>>
File: start.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
start.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>36043681
i made up the numbers, but it is essentially the same. your protein requirements, carb and fat requirements are less than men's. i was pic related, for me maintaining even 2600 kcal a day is very hard. but essentially, your body can function very well with way less "fuel" than men.
>>
>>36043708

There are other factors involved. It's less that test causes abdominal fat and more that they just aren't women.

Cholesterol balance can also affect fat distribution
>>
>>36043681
This. This fem explains it well enough.
>>
>>36042467
What kind of man need to be at 1400 calories to maintain? Are you 90 lbs? I cut at around 3000x although I'm 235 lbs but still, most guys have a maintenance around 2700 not 1500.
>>
>>36043625
The only time I get tired on a 1200 cal diet is when I don't eat enough carbs. 5 10 male.
>>
Estrogen causes increased complaining and tears about how hard it is to cut 500 calories, it's science
>>
Yes it's harder for women to lose weight, for a few reasons.

Women can get laid more easily than a man of similar attractiveness. This gives less insentive for them to look good for the opposite sex.

Their hormones go haywire every month.

Women are shorter on average so they have a lower TDEE than the average man.

Women, at least in western society are raised like princesses and basically taught that anything they want will be given to them. They want a nice body but they can't wrap their heads around having to work for it.

I'm not trying to be misogynistic in saying this. In fact I believe men are too maternalized. We're left with a bunch of whiny bitches instead of men.
>>
>>36043737
Interesting, I know that trannies that take oestrogen seem to lose fat from the waist and gain fat on the thighs and ass, I also know anecdotally that women with deep voices and masculine personalities seem to have thicker waists, thinner asses and way bigger clits than normal grills
>>
>>36036997
>is it harder?
Define harder.
Do they have to eat less calories than men to achieve the same deficit?
Yes.
Will they lose weight slower, given they have the same deficit as a man?
No.
Hormones and body composition dictate the tdee. Regardless of tdee, 7000 kcal is a kg of body weight.
>tldr
A daily caloric deficit of 500 kcal means you will lose 0.5 kg of weight per week. Man or woman.
>>
>>36043057
6ft4 bottomless pit here.

I accidentally did this but I love it.

H-high test, right?
>>
>>36043708
Genetics existed long before swords.
>>
>>36043923
The point was that men have always done hunting and fighting way more than grills and thus have had more to gain from storing our fat on our stomach instead of on our ass and thighs
>>
>>36043057
The western world is fucking retarded when it comes to portion sizes tho, in Russia or Japan the amount of food that they put on a woman's plate is roughly half what they give to men, often with more salad and less carb heavy ingredients like pasta too, if they tried to do that in America bitches would throw a riot outside the restaurant demanding portion size equality, this is why my gf usually orders from the kid's menu when we go out to dinner
>>
>>36043681
you seem to be right, only logical answer that supports ops post
>>
>>36043681
Roastie rage
>>
File: 1450035918169.png (1 MB, 1200x1534) Image search: [Google]
1450035918169.png
1 MB, 1200x1534
>>36043236
>On top of that because of their hormones it is probably also harder mentally to deal with this situation.
>>
>>36043368
Get a freezer and put the leftovers in it.
>>
>>36043941
Men also didn't get anywhere near fat enough for the fat to actually make a difference in these circumstances. And considering how bad visceral fat is for your health, it's probably fair to say that evolution didn't really think this one through.
>>
>>36038960
Don't forget about height. My bff is a powetlifting 5'8 manlet and bulks on 2800 kcal / day. I lose weight below 3200 kcal / day
>>
>>36043625
>>36037017
>>36036997

To remove some of the ambiguity and prove the concept that two different humans could eat the same deficit and lose less weight, consider two scenarios, both removing gender from the equation:

1) Two men of the same weight but one with a big frame and low bf%, and the other guy is just short and fat. The big frame guy will lose weight faster, all other things being broadly equal.

2) Two men are physically identical to begin with, but have different hormonal tendencies. When they eat the same deficit, one man maintains more muscle than the other due to hormones. The more muscular man will have higher weight loss, all other things being broadly equal.

Is this correct?
>>
>>36037017
I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which means I have too much testosterone. However even when I was fat at 16x lbs I never had a gut/stomach. My weight goes to my thighs/ass and so much its hard to find thins that fit my thighs and aren't gaping at the waist(Eben now that I'm fit, body type didn't change). Theres more to fat distribution than just testosterone, otherwise I'd have the complete opposite of the hourglass that I do have>>36037017
>>
>>36038960
How many calories burned depends on your muscle, guys naturally have higher test and therefore guys naturally burn more on a daily basis. Females don't build muscle like males, some its harder to lose weight
>>
>>36040087
>>>>>>/r9k/ back to your containment board
>>
>>36042467
but surely you get less hungry than a man
>>
>>36044867
>Is this correct?
Yes.
>>
>>36040774
You're not eating enough, making your body canabolize its muscle tissue, and lowering your tdee. I used to be a fatty 170 5'7 as well as a skinnyfat size 1 eating 500 Cal a day- but now I maintain a 35-25-36 frame. I eat like 1500-2000 calories a day and have maintained a size 2/4 for years now. Maybe you should try some cardio? I regularly go for 20 mile bike rides and it helps keep me fit just fine.
>>
>>36044867
If we're talking about actual deficit, there can't possibly be any differences between them. Their bodies do not defy the laws of physics, regardless of how much they want them to.

Now if we were talking about them eating the same amount of calories...
>>
>>36044925
We live in a world where food is calorie dense and not necessarily satiable. In other words, carbs everywhere.
>>
>>36040774
You are counting wrong. I am 5'5, 63kg and my TDEE is close to 2200kcal. Right now I am cutting comfortably at 1700-1800kcal
>>
>>36046177
You are either fat or built. The girl you responded to is obviously not.
>>
>>36043941
You're a fuckin retard mate, please refrain from talking about natural breeding or evolution in general
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.