[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a serious question. How do you guys stay motivated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10
File: cat.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
This is a serious question.

How do you guys stay motivated?
>>
It's not so much motivation as much as discipline.

It's like taking a shower or brushing your teeth before bed. I don't even really think about it.

I get real pumped up when I want to go somewhere though. I'm a big hiker, sometimes I'll take a look at the map and decide which National Park I want to hike in.

Best trip ever was hiking Florillon in Quebec right before dawn. Saw whales leaping in the ocean.

Next one will be on Grand Manan Island
>>
Looking in the mirror and being pleased. Pushing myself so the day I look in the mirror and I'm disgusted by my body never comes
>>
>>36025014
Check out Zion in Utah, prettiest place I've ever been
>>
I know this is messed up, but I stay motivated by seeing others give up on their goal, in a way it is kind of like a superiority complex, but I try to pretend it is something else.
>>
I neurotically base my life around every new pursuit such that without it I have nothing.
>>
>>36025022
Canadian. I... well... Utah's a bit far. I can't afford it since I'm in the Maritimes. Got a suggest for the New England area?
>>
self hatred

looking at myself (see above)
>>
>>36024974
To get fit you must make it your lifestyle
>>
staying disciplined is easy
its ADDING things to routines or CHANGING my diet thats super hard
>>
>>36024974
I genuinely really enjoy going to the gym and look forward to it each day.
>>
File: 1417034616295.jpg (47 KB, 416x700) Image search: [Google]
1417034616295.jpg
47 KB, 416x700
the only thing that keeps me going is the hope that one day i will get to BTFO everybody who doubted me and hated on me, even on this very board
>>
>>36025014
>It's not so much motivation as much as discipline.

This desu. Don't break the chain senpai.
>>
I'd say experience. I lost motivation dozens of times now and hated each time more and more.I hated what I have become, and it was both physically and mentally painful to get back on track.Over time I grew to hate it so much that I simply don't allow myself to make a break longer than couple of days maximum. Motvation is like a wave all of us get to ride every now and then. If we through discipline continue to ride it we get to great distances. If we fall we usually hit rock bottom.Or at least that's the way I see it.
>>
>>36025136
This

Took 2 years of hating it and reluctantly doing it anyways until it became enjoyable
>>
>>36024974
i actually enjoy lifting
>>
Cbt threads

One day, i may
>>
>>36024974
I spend 2 hours in the gym 6 days a week to prove that I'm worth not killing myself
>>
I dont want to be like the average lazy fuck

i'd rather be dead than a fatass who eats shit every day and sits on his ass in his cubicle.
>>
Wasn't a problem. Once I started Soylent I lost my taste for "real food" and I have a lot of energy where nothing else works but working out.
>>
File: 1455562175817.gif (495 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
1455562175817.gif
495 KB, 500x230
Fat Hate Threads.

Just the thought that if I had kept my old lazy, unhealthy lifestyle I'd become one of those fat fucks frightens me.
>>
Gym wise, I really enjoy it, I love going to the gym, I'm considering /fraud/ simply because it would let me lift more often. In general life I'm a good deal like this >>36025033, witha heaping helping of unfounded confidence and self love. Simply put I love being me, I love myself, and I want to be the best at everything that I have any interest in. I've been playing Warframe for about 12 hours now, and I'm probably more knowledgeable about the game and a higher rank than most time equivalent players because I engross myself in everything I do and strive for success. When I take a test, I have zero anxiety, I know that I'm going to get 100%, and have zero issues, even if when I get my results I got 3 out of 50 and didn't know shit, I would never feel that way during it. I know it's kinda like the "Dude, just be yourself" bullshit, but fake it til you make it is a legit thing when it comes to confidence, walk with a straight back and with your head up and eventually that will be natural, think positively, even when you're feeling bad, and it will become natural. Life really isn't that complicated.
>>
I want to hold the powerlifting world records for the 66kg class, all the records!

the knowledge that I am still weaker than the current records is my motivation to train hard, and the fact that I need to stay around 66kg is my motivation to stay lean and 'sthetic
>>
>>36024974

Progress- everyday I have more of the admiration of my peers. I can look myself in the eye now and not flinch.
Fear of failure.
Anger at the years of stagnation.
>>
the same way I stay motivated to go to work: by having no concept of life without the tedium of such.
>>
>>36024974
wake up, walk to mirror, not satisfied with body
tfw no gf
pick any combo
>at this point what would i even do if i stopped
>>
Caffeine and ephedrine.

You don't need to be cutting to use it as a study aid/motivation/awake aid.

The high on this is equivalent to Ritalin. I highly suggest you give it a try when you feel unmotivated and lackluster.
>>
What keeps me motivated is two things

1. I can see my body changing/getting leaner by the day, this gives me huge motivation to keep on pursuing my goals

2. Routine, I go to the gym so much now that it feels odd on days that I don't go
>>
Ain't nothin to it but to do it. Do it long enough and it'll become part of your day, you'll wake up, automatically brush your teeth and shower and when you're coming home you'll find yourself automatically putting on your gym clothes.
>>
Discipline is my motivation, m8.
>>
>>36025051
This just a deep self loathing and anger also kickboxing and combat sports

>also to throw it in my ex fiancees face
>>
literally just look at yourself in the mirror
Looking good
>fuck yeah man looking good keep it going
Looking bad
>fuck man i look and feel like shit i can do better
>>
4chan.

I was in a thread on /a/ last night where these sad cunts would keep wallowing in their own self pity no matter how hard others tried to tell them they can improve.

That pissed me off so fucking much I went and pushed myself harder during my workout.
>>
>>36025153
I'm pretty much the same. In fact I have probably said fuck you more times in a week than a Vietnamese hooker learning English in a lifetime.
>>
>>36027765
Good, same here. Use that anger to improve yourself more, while they constantly play the victim, you'll be getting yoked
>>
>>36024974

prozac and adderal
>>
I just see other people that is fit and tell to myself I wanna be like them. See hot girls and say "you're gonna be mine when I'm done" and stuff. Also, I have a motive. Just try my best idk
>>
I see pictures of cute girls I know
>>
File: 1443898989635.png (158 KB, 1334x652) Image search: [Google]
1443898989635.png
158 KB, 1334x652
Because any other outcome is unacceptable.
>>
>>36025041
Cape Breton bud, sick spots in the summer
>>
>>36024974

the continuous desire to be better than all these losers on my facebook.

I dont care about social media but it's free motivation. I dont want to be like these people, at all.
>>
File: 20151219_013842.jpg (495 KB, 892x967) Image search: [Google]
20151219_013842.jpg
495 KB, 892x967
>>36024974
pussy does a good job of keeping me lifting hard breh
>>
i lift because im 6'4'' and i know my height + good body = whatever pussy i want.

also i weighed 280 in high school and im determined to never go back. 214 right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 228x196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 228x196
I get super depressed because the gym has now become my out after dealing with all the bullshit life throws at me. I guess I stay motivated by the fact that I'll kill myself if I don't go.
>>
>>36028112
You lucky bastard. I'm standing at 5'8 and I'm lifting just so I can be as dense as a blackhole and eventually just swallow all the pussy in a massive gravitational pull that destroys the world. If I can't get pussy because of my height than no one can
>>
>>36024974
i dont need motivation, its basically second nature at this point
but if I didnt have it, I probably just look at myself
>>
>>36024974
You don't. You just keep doing it
>>
Learn to cook. Make it a hobby. Try new recipes found online. etc
>>
File: 1455047347518.png (781 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1455047347518.png
781 KB, 800x600
>>
Also when I get hungry I picture myself as my goal weight. Helps %100 of the time when I was starting healthy eating.
>>
>>36028154
Anon, I go to a military gym and I'd say 90% of the guys in there are between your height and about 5ft10. It's rare to see someone above 6ft and they're pretty nerdy... I'm pretty sure they get as much girls as they want even if they are average of height.
>>
>>36028228
What military gym? The ones I go to tend to have taller dudes or just old ass LT's who wear the shortest of shorts
>>
File: 1455434795874.jpg (309 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1455434795874.jpg
309 KB, 2000x2000
>>36024974
Chasing numbers, as it is some form of progression in my rather progressless life.

>tfw nothing but pure depression when I
achieved 1000 total

Its also catharsis for my evil bitch ex-fiance
>didn't know where to go from there

I figure it will be a lot slower progression in olympic lifting so I switched to that.
>>
>>36025023
Holy shit! This is exactly how I feel too. Especially when I see others that lack discipline it makes me feel better seing them quit while I keep going.
>>
>>36025023
I definitely do this too
>>
The 1.5-2 hours I spend exercising per day is the only time I don't want to fucking kill myself.

That's how.
>>
High school reunion.
>>
>>36025023
It puts a smile on my face when I see friends on facebook get fatter. I might have a mental illness.
>>
>>36028206
Goddamn you to hell
I was having such a nice day
>>
>>36028206
best girl
>>
If I'm not working out every day I'd probably just be drinking myself to death jerking off to anime on an australian fruity lexia appreciation forum.
>>
File: tmp_1454625550207881047120.jpg (39 KB, 339x339) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1454625550207881047120.jpg
39 KB, 339x339
>>36027042
Gtfo alien scum

>>36024974
I stay motivated by jacking off to your mum
>>
>>36024974
>motivated
You don't, you let it become routine then you do it without thought.
>>
>>36025014
This, motivation isn't shit, it's all about discipline, if you don't tax yourself too much, and you only do 1 hour a day, then you don't need to be that disciplined because 1 hour is just what you need to feel good
>>
I want to be able to beat the shit out of someone if needed, im a nice guy though
>>
Progression
Strength maintenance
Habit
Use up energy to kill insomnia
See fatties, skinny fatties. Will not become them.
Fun
Mires
>>
>>36024974
Reps for the snake-god.
Honor it by lifting heavy,
Meditating,
Kundalini yoga,
Stretching,
H.I.T.T cardio,
Any form of wrestling.

Blessings of great observational skill, wrestling prowess and insights it will bestow upon you.

It might suffocate you spiritually if you do not upkeep your dedication though.
>>
>>36025051
You'll end up depressed.
>>
That faint hope that a random girl will love me.
>>
>>36024974
All the pussy breh
>>
hijacking this thread because if i made my own, it will probably be deleted and linked to the sticky.
I am long distance runner, i have very low body fat and not muscular upper body (i do have muscular legs). Made a bet with my friend that I can get abs in 2 weeks. Should I just workout hard or are there other tricks?
>>
>>36031105
read the sticky
>>
>>36024974
I dont have any other hobby.
Also Ive always liked pushing my body to the limit.
Also I like to see the progress my body makes, even if its slow as fuck.

But the gym is not for everyone, try basketball, swimming, biking, running etc if its not your thing bro.
>>
>>36028264
The one in lewis-mcchord. No one really wears the short shorts here, but the stupid diy muscle tanks are aplenty.
>>
I started lifting to impress girls, but after a couple of months, I realised that I loved it
>>
Because my crush fell in love with a fit black man, i think to myself "i myst be better than the blacks". Not even joking about this.
>>
Lately I don't know. One year of lifting and bulking and I'm still the same suicidal friendless faggot. My doc said suicide was a permanent solution to temporary problems but I'm starting to think these problems aren't temporary at all
>>
>>36025041

All the good hiking is in the pacific northwest bruh. Put in for a transfer to B.C.
>>
>>36031633
Anon, which trails are open now in WA?
>>
>>36024974
I'm serious, I seen a land whale thread on /b/ and said fuck that
>>
>>36024974
M U S I C
U
S
I
C
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.