[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come there is not a webm of a proper squat and deadlift form
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: halfsquat-fuck.jpg (12 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
halfsquat-fuck.jpg
12 KB, 250x249
How come there is not a webm of a proper squat and deadlift form in the sticky yet? Wouldn't it benefit everyone?
>>
>>35815748
Because youtube exists
>>
Because the sticky isn't made to benefit everyone.

The sticky is made to indoctrinate fat neckbeards into doing Starting Strength.

It doesn't give a fuck about form, flexibility, or health.
>>
File: Klokov DL 300kg.webm (793 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Klokov DL 300kg.webm
793 KB, 800x450
>>35815748

Because youtube videos are more useful.
>>
>>35818737
Is 300kg some kind of elite only weight, or are experienced gym regulars able to lift it as well?
>>
>>35818793
Supposedly this is baby weight according to 99% of /fit/. I think the difference is most of /fit/ probably rounds their back.
>>
>>35820458
Literally never seen someone deadlift this much (uni gym).

Elite tier lifts are, imho, 3-4-5 plate.
>>
Fucking halfsquats. I want to tell everyone i see who half squats they haven't done a single proper rep, but I'm not a dick or a weirdo so I don't.
>>
>>35820471
I've seen more than a few guys do 3-4-5 at my uni gym.
Never saw a 300kg deadlift.

A buddy got close at 270kg @ 83kg though.
>>
>>35820496
Half squats may not be optimal, but there's nothing dangerous about them.
They're actually safer than newbies trying to go deep without having the proper mobility.
>>
>>35818737
Is this actually proper form? Looks kinda like a snatch dead lift.
>>
As awesome as having everything in one place sounds, its also important to go out their on your own and do a little supplemental research.
>>
>>35821519
fuckme I meant clean
>>
>>35821519
Klokov has said in his videos that he prefers stiff-legged snatch-grip deadlifts.
The one in the video appears to be somewhere between a stiff-legged and a normal deadlift.

>>35821528
No, it doesn't look like a clean at all.
>>
>>35820471
That's pretty strong, not elite unless you're like 120 lbs.
>>
File: 317.5kg.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
317.5kg.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>35821656
>jack black gets into lifting
>>
>>35821656
Did his right strap snap or something?
>>
>>35818737
Why is your trip on?
>>
>>35815748
Good point.
>>
>>35820471
3-4-5
Bench-Squat-Deadlift
?

I've been told that the squat may outlift the deadlift, if you keep going for a long time.

Btw, my deadlift is almost 3pl8 but my bench is barely over 1pl8, did I fuck up on something?
>>
>>35821537
When he lifts those his ass doesn't stay up like Ripp says to do but goes back like hes loading his hamstrings much lower to get more velocity on the bar.

Even more pronounced with this guy. >>35821656

Is this just due to his body shape? Is this just what happens when you lift heavier weight? I don't understand the difference between the clean deadlift and regular deadlift. Google doesn't help as everyone explains it differently.
>>
>>35821824
>I've been told that the squat may outlift the deadlift, if you keep going for a long time.
Usually the other way around.
Except for elite fat guys.

Yes, your bench is a bit low, but that can happen if you have naturally big legs (or cycle a lot, or did some leg-sport previously).

>>35821833
>When he lifts those his ass doesn't stay up like Ripp says
The hips/ass shouldn't stay up in a deadlift.

>goes back like hes loading his hamstrings much lower to get more velocity on the bar.
???
You mean lowering the hips?

> I don't understand the difference between the clean deadlift and regular deadlift.
Clean pulls are done by olympic weightlifters.
Here's a good example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7M2wXrqrI8
>>
>>35818737
>tfw I will never deadlift 7pl8
>>
>>35821883
>you have naturally big legs (or cycle a lot, or did some leg-sport previously
heh, my legs are 1m tall and I used to play basketball and to get to school by cycling
>>
File: ZERO.png (65 KB, 234x303) Image search: [Google]
ZERO.png
65 KB, 234x303
>>35820496
ZE-RO!
>>
>>35818737
The shoes hes wearing have a raised heel. I've heard this is bad for deadlifting. Is this true?
>>
>>35821512
Yeah I've got nothing wrong with newbies doing it, it's the people squatting lmao2pl8 + that should fucking know better
>>
>>35822220
Why do you have a problem with that?
If they were to do it in competition, they'd just get red-flagged.
In the gym, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>35822220
Dude just don't bother. Most of them don't want advice and will look at you with hostility and try to prove you wrong with broscience. People hate being wrong. You are not responsible for them. Just let them do their thing. It's not worth it.
>>
>>35818793
Lol I hit that after three months on a shitty brosplit
>>
>>35822244
you probably hit 300 lbs, not 300 kg lol
>>
>>35821656
Dude, is that Reid Henrichs? Never knew he was such a beast.
>former history teacher
>former Marine
>great personality
>all around good guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rWsr_gAW4w
>>
>>35822279
I started at 300lb
>>
>>35822206
It doesn't really matter.
Oly lifters use those shoes always, and they're very strong.
Most powerlifters use a flat low shoe/slipper or just socks.

Personally, I squat in the raised-heel shoes, but deadlift in socks.
>>
Can someone help me out with squat form? How far down am I supposed to go? For various reasons, I've only just started squatting now (Still, I've only been lifting for ~6 months) and I'm finding it hard to progress (Can't even hit lmao0.5pl8 yet)

Am I supposed to stop at parallel, or do I go further? I've been going past parallel, but I'm starting to think that might not be right.
>>
>>35822355
Only go as low as your mobility allows.
So go as low as you can while keeping a completely straight back.
Don't worry about parallel.
>>
>>35822364
Thanks, man.

I was mostly wondering that because it's hard for me to stop at parallel, but I can go further down and finish the rep. Do you think that could be because I have the bar loaded too high?

I want to video myself so I can check my form, but I'd probably have to get someone else to do that for me...
>>
>>35822401
It's hard to stop a few inches before your natural stretch reflex.
If you keep your back straight and your trunk tight, you can go as low as you want.

But to be safe, you should probably stop at parallel, even though it's harder.

Once you're more experienced, you can use the stretch reflex at the bottom to do a little more weight.
>>
>>35822438
Thanks again, my progression's been pretty slow so I was getting worried.

And cheers for the advice, too.
>>
>>35822307
okay big boy
>>
>>35822450
Watch a few videos of olympic lifters squatting big weights.
Then look in your gym for someone strong whose squats don't look afwul, and ask them if they could take a look at your technique.
That'll probably help more than anything you ask on /fit/.
>>
>>35822459
For whom?
>>
>>35822492
Practically nobody squats at my gym. The ones that do don't go above 1pl8. It's a uni gym where probably 90% of people are either curlbros, doing meme exercises or only focussed on upper body.
>>
>>35822561
That sucks, in my uni gym a lot of guys squat and deadlift.
Still, in person advice is best.
>>
>>35818737
Jesus, I'm an zyzzfag and I'm mirin
>>
>>35822584
>Still, in person advice is best.
not really a huge difference if you film the form check correctly.

and i too only have a few guys squatting above 3plate for reps at my gym and none of them know shit about giving squatting advice. im betting the best 1% of fit gives better advice than the best 1% of your average gym
>>
>>35822584
I'm going to change my schedule as soon as uni starts up again, so hopefully I'll come across some guys who are actually serious about lifting.

I'd ask the people running the gym, but out of all of them working there, I've only ever seen one guy actually working out there (On machines the whole time) and all the others are either legitimately fat or just look generally unfit.

I've just got to do what I can do, hopefully I'll come across a squatbro one day.
>>
>>35822629
Yeah, I agree if you ask someone like Marcel for advice.
But most people on /fit/ don't know shit either.

>>35822631
Good luck.
>>
>>35822707
Thanks, mate, y-you too
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.