[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PPLxPPLx or PPLPPLx for natty lifters on a bulk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
PPLxPPLx or PPLPPLx for natty lifters on a bulk?
>>
>>35781998
Push Pull Legs Push Legs Pull Legs
>>
>>35781998
Honestly, either or is fine. You have to find what works for you, and your schedule. I'd be more inclined for PPLPPL. It also depends on your DL frequency, and where you are placing it all. Try PPLPPL, and if you really need the rest, change the format.
>>
>>35781998
I'm currently natty and doing a bulk.
I do
1- Back and Biceps
2- Chest and Triceps
3- Shoulders and Legs
123123x
I've had great results and increases with all my lifts.
>>
>>35782122
no

>>35782127
I've been doing PPLPPL and I've been fine. I just heard someone in routine general say PPLPPLx was for roiders. DL twice a week
>>
I prefer something like:
Week 1: PPxLPxx
Week 2: PLxPPxx
Week 3: LPxPLxx
Good recovery and I can go balls to the wall each workout.
>>
File: fag.jpg (26 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
26 KB, 500x282
>>35781998
Upper-Lower-x-Upper-Lower-x-x

You can't handle the same amounts of volume or intensity as you would with 1x a week so it's easily done with less workouts.
>>
>>35782226
A question, how do you combine the exercises of the day 3? and which do you do?
>>
>>35781998
PPLPPLx is good, i did it for around 6 months and got great size and strength gains. i wanted to get stronger so the first 3 days were heavy,low rep and the next three were more bodybuilding oriented.

PPLxPPLx if you find yourself not being able to recover. recovery shouldn't be a problem if you're a young healthy male but add that extra rest if you need it
>>
>>35781998
>>35784221
Upper lower is good, but I found that the upper workouts were too long and the lower too short.

You can do Push pull and through in the pushing leg movements in the push (squats leg press etc) and the leg pulling movements (deads, hamstrings etc).

this is much more manageable with a tight schedule, also takes the whole "leg day" problem that some people have out of the equation.

Another helpful thing I found was it was far easier mentally to do the leg movements at the start of the push or push day

Push Pull x Push Pull x x
>>
>>35785653
A possibility, but it's never optimal having to squat after a deadlift day or the other way around.
That's why I found that it's better to do a upper and lower split with either a squat or dead each lower day.
The difference in duration of training shouldn't matter that much. It's 1-1.5h for upper and 1h for lower usually.
>>
Legs
Push
Pull
Push
Legs

That's how I do it
>>
>>35785819
One could argue it's not optimal to squat and deadlift on the same day.

If you squat first then your deads will suffer. with push pull there is a day in between, and to mix it up you could do pull push if you want to have a more optimal dead.

OP mentioned he was on a Bulk which would imply he was more interested in bodybuilding and not powerlifting, which would be more suited to a pull push instead of upper lower
>>
>>35785877
>35785877

>one pull day
enjoy your lagging back and bad posture.
>>
Push
Pull
Legs
Rest
Upper
Lower
Rest

Best of both worlds.
>>
>>35785940
>>35785877
>>35785414
>>35782240
>>35782122
>>35781998
A few months in and you will find PPL is too much. Also going 6 times a week for what you could accomplish in 4, pls
>>
>>35785819
>it's never optimal having to squat after a deadlift day or the other way around
>>35785903
One could argue it's not optimal to squat and deadlift on the same day

This is only an argument I've ever heard coming from bros who don't squat or deadlift much or with any frequency.
>>
>>35785979
You are still squatting and deadlifting twice a week with push pull.

And bros with this arguement are probably trying to justify a hundy bro-split with a "chest" day, "Shoulder" day, type of thing happening which is retarded
>>
>>35786025
I agree they are trying to justify their brosplit but the reason is that both squat and deadlift will suffer.

I squat and deadlift on the same day two times a week and squat 190kg and deadlift 225kg...
>>
>>35786055
>but the reason is that
I meant that "the reason they give is that the squat and deadlift will suffer"
>>
>Six day split
>Natty

Dumb choice. You're better off doing full body three or four times a week instead.
>>
>>35786055
>>35786063
And that isnt the argument I am presenting. I was offering an alternative to an Upper Lower split. If you still set on a push pull split you could do it with legs integrated into your push pull days.

I did Upper lower for around 1 year (before this PPS for about 2) , and found it fantastic for strength gains, but since switching to push pull I've found it's been far more manageable in terms muscle gains and overall fatigue. Plus it made my workouts all around the same length.
>>
>>35786077
>full body four times a week
>natty

Pick one
>>
>>35782226
true master race
>>
>>35781998
3 workouts/bodypart/week for untrainted/novice lifters. 2 workouts/bodypart/week for intermediate/advanced lifters.
>>
>>35786163

Monday
Wednesday
Friday
Sunday

Then

Tuesday
Thursday
Saturday
Monday

And so on. I've been doing this for a year or so now. I've seen some decent size and strength gains. I weighed 61 kilos when I started and now I weigh 75. I could barely DL 1pl8 and now I'm at 2pl8 5RM.
>>
>>35786194

>Can't even diddylift 3pl8 after over a year of lifting

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>35786194
This is techinically less than four times a week.

you probably would benefit more from 3 days a week with more volume in those days to justify the longer rest periods
>>
>>35781998

I do
PxPxLxx

better than nothing. Plus i have maximized recovery
>>
im just starting pplpplx. im hoping im gonna like it. My spare bedroom has all my workout equipment so its not like driving to the gym is a thing.
>>
>>35786286

Dont do PPS

Take the advice in this thread and do one of the following:

Upper lower ULxULxx
Push pull PPxPPxx
Full Body FxFxFxx

These also have the added bonus of giving you a weekend, so if you are one to go out and not get much sleep it wont hinder your recovery as much.
>>
ULULULx

Upper/lower

Dont be scared
>>
>>35781998
FxFxFxx

Muscle protein synthesis only lasts 28 hours in natural lifters, so there's no point in training different groups of muscles on different days if you're natty.
>>
>>35786417
This sounds very brosciency but im interested. Got any credible sources?
>>
>>35785961
this
>>
>>35786467
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18032468
>>
>>35781998
I do full body 4 days a week

Monday - Hypertrophy (slow negative, low weight, 10-12 rep sets with 1 minute rest max in between)
Tuesday - Strength (sets pyramiding up to heavy triples)
Wesnesday - Off
Thursday - Hypertrophy
Friday - Strength
Sat - Off
Sun - Off
>>
>>35786528
Candito's LP?
>>
>>35786528
>>35786712
Would you care to post it more detailed?
>>
>>35786712
More of my own design, I've been lifting for about 3 years so I know what lifts tend to hit me the hardest and I've trimmed my program down to maximize on them.
>>35786749
Hypertrophy days:

Rippetoe style triceps extensions with super slow negative (5-8 seconds). Usually only use 25 plates or 35 plates if I'm feeling super that day.
5 sets of 10-12.

Hammer curls sitting on incline bench (45 degree is perfect) to take shoulders out of the equation.

5 sets of 10-12 super slow negative again. The last couple of slow negatives at the end will make you want to cry even with just 25 lb dumbbells.

Squats - just light weight, might even just stick with 135 and crank reps. I usually stick with the candito hybrid highbar/lowbar and always squat in adipowers.

DeFranco style shoulder shocker routine with dumbbells. Look it up, it fries you out.

Maybe deadlifts. Naturally strong deadlifter so I don't do them except maybe once a week.

Maybe hypertrophy lat pump workout on lat pulldown. Super strict slow negative reps with Chest up, thoracic extended, elbows pulled back at bottom, bar touching upper chest.

Strength Days:

Bench Press. I like to bench. I can't overhead press that much due to an old tennis injury. Power lifting style, 1 full second pause on chest. Bench usually goes like this: warmup for a couple of sets - 8 rep max set, 5 rep max set, 4-5 sets of triples, back down to 8 rep max for 1-2 sets.

Kroc-style dumbbell rows. Just crank them out. I usually go for sets of 5-8. I'll do 5-6 sets until my back feels obliterated.

More Squats. I pyramid up here similar to bench.

Abs and fun lifts! Since my strength days fall on days where I have some rest days coming up, I'll throw in some ab wheel work or power cleans or whatever on these days.
>>
>>35781998

This picture is killing all my attraction to Alexis Ren. She looks like a common piece of club trash coming off e. I can't believe she used to be my waifu.
>>
>>35787293
its them teeth man. cover up the bottom half of her face and shes hot. cover up the top half of her face and shes ugly as hell.
>>
>>35781998

>no rest days

muscles grow when you rest btw
>>
>>35787306
>implying its not the eyeliner
>>
what about PPxxPPx?

I work 12 hour days on monday, tuesday, thursday, and saturday and dont have time to get to the gym cos i live in bumfuck nowhere
>>
>>35787366
i just mean her face is ugly in general. its a weird shape and her mouth is weird.
>>
>>35787409
Yeah, but that budge is giving me a hardon!
>>
>>35787333
Each muscle group is resting five days out of the week
>>
>>35787389
Why not full body every session?
>>
>>35781998
Monday: Chest & arms
Tuesday: Arms
Wednesday: Chest
Thursday: Arms and Biceps
Friday: Chest
Saturday: Arms & Chest
Sunday: Rest (and arms)
>>
>>35786267
I hope you lift fuggen heavy m8.
>>
>>35787507
forgot to mention that I alternate front and back squats on each of the days im in the gym
>>
>>35782226
How are you programming and overloading? What intensities? How often do you overload? Everytime? I have questions.
>>
File: 1448566338856.jpg (20 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1448566338856.jpg
20 KB, 255x256
>>35786163

Sheiko writes 4-day fullbody routines for natty lifters.
Not for beginners, though, of course.
>>
>>35785961
This. My PPL days are over
>>
>>35781998
im on a pplpplppl (no rest essentially)

but every 3-4 rotations of ppls i will "Deload' slightly and focus on form instead of weight
>>
>>35785337
On day 3 I do shoulders first because legs don't really kill me as bad as shoulders do.
I start out doing OHP 4x8 with the first set being a warmup weight.
Then I do dumbbell rear delt raises 4x8
Then lateral raises 4x8
I'll do different exercises aside from OHP on the next shoulder day.
That's all I do for shoulders and then I do legs so I do
Squats 4x8
Leg Press 4x10
Calf Raise Machine 4x10

I also do ab work on this day. >>35786191
Thank you ;)

>>35788451
I try to add at least 5lbs every month to my lifts. I've been lifting for 1.5 years so it's not as easy to do.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.