[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible to go from fat 250-300lbs to 140-160lbs without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 22
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
is it possible to go from fat 250-300lbs to 140-160lbs without pic related happening?

what if the person has been fat their entire life, and does age affect it (post 25 years old)?
>>
>>35768692

Her torso looks like Walter Matthau's face
>>
>>35768692
How about not getting fat for starters?
>>
>>35768692
No, you can't literally lose half your body and expect your skin to magically shrink.
>>
>>35768755
too late for that, unfortunately. she has been overweight, well, forever.
>>
>>35768692
SURGERY
U
R
G
E
R
Y
>>
>>35768692
No. There is surgery to fix that quickly though.
>>
>>35768692
No, your skin is not made for that kind of stretch (which is really the proof that you are not meant to get that fat in the first place)
>>
>>35768692
Why do you care if you get saggy skin? Better skinny with saggy skin that you can eventually remove with cheap surgery, than fat and a waste of space.
>>
>>35768851
cheap surgery?

and it's not for me, I'm wondering because I'm making a pros and cons list for continuing my relationship, and I just wanted to see if my partner would eventually be able to get more in shape.
>>
>>35769039
A change that drastic is going to have consequences, but you can reduce the effects. It also varies from person to person.
>>
>>35769039
How the fuck do you look yourself anon if your with some fat disgusting pig like the before op pic than your probably not so attractive yourself.
># timetotakealookinthemirror
>>
Everything effects the elasticity of your skin. White people's skin have less ability to snap back. The older you are the more damaged the skin will be. If you've ever had an burns, heavy scaring or skin grafts will effect it. The fatter you got the heavier the damage. The amount of fat you still have also effects it, skin will be slower to shrink the higher the BF%.

Two years.

It takes two years for stretched skin to shrink as much as it's ever going to. So if you go from 300 lbs to 150 lbs in a year after another year give or take your skin will be as shrunk as it will ever get.
>>
>>35769092
I'm pretty good looking, and in decent shape (not fat, not skelly).
>>
>>35768692
>chatting up cutie at the bar
>she can handle the bantz
>agrees you should take her home
>get her in the sack and strip
>this is her

wat the fuck would you do /fit/?

WAT THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO???
>>
>>35769424
I would tell her I understand her pain. I would make sure she knows that she needs to do everything in her power to fix things, to not be a victim. And then I would go to the free Magic show every Tuesday at P3 Magic Studios, thanks.
>>
>>35769424
>Not blasting off deep in her ass then leaving
>>
Shit man, I only went from 180 to 135 and had loose skin.

Maybe if she lost is very, very slowly?
>>
>>35768692
no, no one in the history of mankind has ever lost 100 lbs and avoided the extreme case of loose skin you posted which doesnt AT ALL depend on your genetic disposition for fat distribution, how fat you were, and how long you were fat

guess that means all you fat pieces of shit can quit losing weight and go back to eating like a fat pigs because it isn't worth it

idiots
>>
>>35769485
Are you 5'4 or a woman? Because if not it sounds like you're a literal High Elf. You shouldn't have a frame that small unless you're a woman or 5'4.
>>
>>35768692
Yes it's possible, it just takes a long long time, if you lose weight at an appropriate pace the damage is mitigated, lifting and eating right will pull it back together. You get loose skin like this from doctor prescribed Very Low Calorie Diets at 900 cals/day
>>
File: ayy.jpg (29 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
29 KB, 600x338
>>35769505
>be a bodybuilder
>bulk up to 300
>cut to 220
>still no loose skin
>not even a stretch mark
>>
>>35769511
5'6 manlet, had practically zero muscle.
>>
>>35769548
Oh, makes sense, then. :)
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 960x960
>>35769540
>mfw
>>
>>35769424

10/10 would wrap my enchilada with her loose skin, and fuck her pig in a blanket style
>>
>>35768755
shitty advice captain hindsight. I imagine you would be shitty at so many jobs.

Just picture an idiot like you in a seacoast police position. The emergency radio starts sending messages from people drowning at sea. The first advice you give: how about not being out on the ocean in the first place hurr durr?
>>
>>35769039
Jesus Christ, do you want some advice on how to get her son into lifting too?
>>
>>35768692

Plastic surgery
?????
done
>>
File: pehpeh mis.jpg (7 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
pehpeh mis.jpg
7 KB, 250x202
>>35769573
omfg what a qt
right in the feeler familia
>>
>>35768692
Unlikely, that's far too much to lose. Surgery for that is very doable, though.

Supposedly, all that your body is able to retract skin will happen in about 2 years. Whatever is not smaller after that amount of time is permanent.

Supposedly, losing less than 1lb a week means your body will retract skin at about the same rate you are losing weight, and you want her to lose 110-130 lbs, meaning that losing it healthily would "cost" 110~130 weeks, ranging from 2,11~2,49 years. Going from this and assuming skin works linearly, she'd keep around 25% of her current skin.

Supposedly, stretch marks matter since they show the skin was stretched far too fast and is now damaged, so it would not be able to retract as much.

I don't think there are any actual studies on this, so this is certainly netscience and mostly personal experiences from random people.
>>
I would think the only way to do it would be to cut 50 pounds, wait a couple of months, then cut another 50, and etc

also moisturize everyday, and I would even advise hopping on a cycle to prevent as much loose skin as possible

or just surgery
>>
>>35768692
>>35768692

I was 260lbs once
current weight 203
No loose skin, very little stretchmarks

this women had to be well over that sir.
or I guess just piss poor genetics/skin
>>
>>35768692
>>
>>35769039
Sounds like you are not a very good partner to this person and should find someone you like better, so you can be a better partner.
>>
>>35768692
If you are 25 you will be ok. I went from 270 to 168 is 8 months and I was fine. Just make sure you eat plenty and work harder to compensate. If you lack proper nutrition, your body gives fuck all about skin and will prioritize other more essential organs and systems.

My routine was neigh on insanity though, and I don't think it was necessary, but I cut that weight on a 2400 calorie diet
>>
>>35768692
She probably had gastric bypass

The most you'll get with safe weightloss is some stretch marks.
>>
>>35768692
With a gf like that you wouldn't need blankets.
>>
File: mugen.jpg (13 KB, 528x318) Image search: [Google]
mugen.jpg
13 KB, 528x318
>>35771202

Shit, nipless chest looks pretty cool desu senpai. Is it safe to have your nips removed? I'm a dude so it's not like I need them for anything, right?

Or maybe if not removed, then get fat as fuck and then lose weight to have all this loose skin, then pull it back so nips are on the back and get the excess skin removed.
>>
I feel for her. I was never fat enough to have loose skin after losing but I have stretch marks. They're all white now but I still hate them.

I think you have to go at it slowly. Any rapid weight gain or weight loss can have major side effects on the skin.
>>
>>35771329
Grade A bullshit, my friend. If you're that fat and lose half of your body weight, you're going to have loose skin regardless of how slowly you lose the weight.
>>
>>35771343
you have to be obese for several years then lose it to obtain loose skin
>>
>>35768692
i was at 265lb
now i am down to 170..

no real loose skin to speak of, just some stretch marks.

i lost the weight slowly, and built a fair amount of muscle along the way, so that could have helped.

goal weight is ~158 pounds, and i have a strong suspicion my loose skin won't really be any more prominent

fat from birth (10 pound baby) until age 23

most my mature life i was 230... when i hit 260 it was a wake-up call.
>>
File: 1.jpg (106 KB, 598x1063) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
106 KB, 598x1063
>>35771023

Even if you lose the weight and don't end up with saggy skin you can still look like a complete horror show. Take me for example. I was lucky enough to be young and lose the weight slowly enough that it was able to bounce back but I'm still covered in stretch marks that never even came close to recovering and they're extremely sensitive to touch, sunlight, changes in temperature, etc. as well as making me look like a fuckin burn victim. Honestly that pic isn't even the worst I could show, it was just only one that turned out reasonably clear before I grossed myself out.

Seriously never risk getting tubby let alone fat if you remotely care about your health or looks. You may be able to lose the weight and the skin will recover a bit but stretchmarks are eternal and will disfigure your corpse meaning that even in death the fat can still ultimately win the war.
>>
>>35768692
Would you /fit/?
>>
>>35771638
After surgery.
>>
280lbs to 175lbs in 2015.

No loose skin. I was 20-21.
>>
>>35768736
Zozzled
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-25+at+04.07.08).jpg (261 KB, 1739x614) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-25+at+04.07.08).jpg
261 KB, 1739x614
I think I can answer your question from experience. I'm 25 years old, and was ~320 lbs at 5'11 at heaviest.

I'm down to 168 now and while I do have some loose skin, it's not excessive like in your pic, and I believe it's getting better with time, and hopefully will fill out with muscle whenever I start eating at a surplus.

As long as you or your significant other, is lifting and eating right while losing weight, I think it will be should be ok.

All of this is assuming that your partner isn't 250-300 at 5'4 or something, in that case they might be fucked without surgery.
>>
>>35768692

Most people would reach this point and think they are done losing weight, they aren't. That is fat hanging there, not skin. Skin is translucent.
>>
File: jan 5 2016.jpg (83 KB, 528x643) Image search: [Google]
jan 5 2016.jpg
83 KB, 528x643
>>35771803
I'd much rather deal with a little loose skin then be fat again. Your partner should feel the same way, otherwise they're mentally weak or just retarded.

This is me at 170. I have pretty bad stretchmarks on stomach that aren't as visible as they used to be, all in all it's not so bad.
>>
Question for any former fatty that has skin like this....

How do you cope knowing that you look worse than you did when fat? I mean sure you can fit into normal people clothes but god damn that loose skin is such a buzz kill.
>>
>>35771803
What did you to go from pic 2 to pic 3? diet and routine pls?
>>
>>35771839
I couldn't image losing half of my body weight almost. How good does it feel man?
>>
>>35771839
DERMAROLLA
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-26+at+01.11.33).png (61 KB, 707x905) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-26+at+01.11.33).png
61 KB, 707x905
>>35772293
diet is pretty much pic related, was 1700-1800 for a month or 2, but I realized being patient and eating at ~2k was better, and helped me not lose strength while lifting.

As far as routine goes, I don't think I have a great one, just 4 days lifting, with 3 days of jogging on a track for 30 mins.

>>35772305
Feels pretty good man, but at the same time can't help but feel shame for letting it happen.
>>
>>35772234

ive found that if i dont work out for a few days and my muscles arent constantly swollen i look instantly fatter and loose skinned

as soon as ive worked out every muscle group again a few times my body snaps back into looking toned. its pretty sad but good motivation i guess.

source: lost 100 pounds
>>
>>35771598
That's how my stretch marks used to look.
After about a year and a half they now look a lot less purple, and more skin colored.
>>
File: 1452830531389.jpg (40 KB, 594x627) Image search: [Google]
1452830531389.jpg
40 KB, 594x627
>>35772330
Dermaroller? Does that really do anything for loose skin? Save my skin senpai
>>
I was around 300 at my heaviest at 6'5" and I'm now around 220, anybody here know much more I have to lose until I can start bulking and if I'll get any loose skin? Atm I barely have loose skin on arms and navel but its not noticeable.
>>
>>35772402
I've maintained the same weight in that picture for just under two years and while they've greatly improved the stretchmarks gave up after about six months and have remained the same since. I've tried oils, creams, tanning, etc. and nothing has changed them permanently. All weight loss did was bring them closer together which with a tiny bit of saggy skin here is horrendous.

I remember being fat and not wanting to take my shirt off so I didn't get the same looks I get now that I'm thin. It always hits right in the feels especially when you know that shit's instinctual because it can't be helped. At their core you're still considered disgusting and it always makes you feel bad like no matter how much you try you can never be accepted by others. You can be bigger, stronger and faster than everyone but what's it matter if society still shuns you? It's given me reason to be better for myself which is good and all that hippy bullshit but I'd trade it all to feel truly confident when taking my shirt off in public. Hell I'd settle for feeling confident taking my top off in front of a fat chick because when even they look at you in disgust you know that try as you might the fat's already won the war.
>>
>>35772915
How much did you lose and height?
>>
>tfw I have stretch marks all over my ass from heavy squatting and deadlifting, despite the fact that i'm lean as fuck

SS, not even once.
>>
>>35770845
I'm confused. If you're calling me a Vick, I don't see how much sense that makes.
>>
>>35768692
I lost 60+ pounds with no loose skin, however, I was 15-16 at the time, so that partially may have been why. (I was pretty much done puberty though, as I was at my final height already, and had been fat prior my whole life, if that helps)
>>
>>35768764
But it magically stretched when I put on weight.
>>
>>35771282
what
>>
>>35769573
>hurr durr
>look at me make a stupid face
>I just wanted to post a picture of myself so people will notice me
>>
>>35770745
you can literally not compare those statements
if you get fat and you either: don't have a medical condition or are too young to realize

then its ENTIRELY your fault.
>>
>>35772915
Cocoa Butter. Always.

Shit works MAGIC on stretch marks.
>>
>>35773601
A lot of people just get fed by their parents and become fat though, its retarded to blame them when they had no choice on what to eat and had no clue what calories was.
>>
>>35768692
probably should have used the money she wasted on that tattoo for excess skin removal
>>
>>35773627
This. Also, my stretch marks went from bright red to almost unnoticeable after a few years of sticking to my weight.
>>
You can hide loose skin, op. You can't hide obesity. Plus if you have loose skin you can always get fat again
>>
>>35773524
186cm and I lost around 45-50kg in total. I'm only unsure because I only weighed myself after losing some weight and deciding I was proud enough to buy some batteries for the scales. I weighed in at 118.6kg with absolutely no muscle on me at all so after vomiting internally I lost another 40kg.
>>
>>35768692
Easiest thing to do is not be fat in the first place. Why couldn't five year old you think ahead like everyone else?
>>
>>35773627

Cocoa butter does nothing for stretch marks.

You need to realise that stretch marks occur at the DEEPEST point of the skin, and therefore the topical ointments will never reach the depth necessary to effect the scar tissue.

Ergo, cocoa butter does literally NOTHING.

The fading of a stretch mark is just the natural maturation of a scar, they go from striae rubra to striae alba over the period of 12-24 months.

People conflate the fading of the stretch mark -- again, NATURAL -- with the effect of the cocoa butter because the period whereas the stretch mark is at its most conspicuous & ugliest (rubra) is when people typically go mental with trying to fix it.

Ergo, they see the stretch mark mature and believe the topical ointment has any effect.

Let me state unequivocally that cocoa butter has no effect on stretch marks, and basic physiology supports this statement.

This extends to EVERY SINGLE TOPICAL OINTMENT.

Including: cocoa butter, bio oil, olive oil, any 'stretch mark' cream, etc.
>>
>>35769399
yeah we totally believe you. If that was true why did you settle for a hambeast?
>>
>>35771839
if you bulk and get a thicker core you wont notice that pouch at all youre pretty lucky and great job on the weight loss F A M
>>
>>35773732
I've lost 35 and probably got another 10-20 to go at 195cm. I'm guessing I'll be in the same situation as you.
>>
>>35768692
Med student. Yes, the skin will shrink it just takes time. Surgery could be quicker but is not the only option.
>>
File: halp.jpg (606 KB, 1822x3239) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
606 KB, 1822x3239
Alright /fit/izens... started HIIT and a PPL routine last month to lose weight, started at 260, that's me at 250.

Am I gonna have loose skin if I drop to 180?
>>
>>35773776
okay so what do I do or use?
>>
>>35769039
if you are having to hope that your will find your partner eventually will become attractive in the future, your relationship has no business existing desu

unless you lack self respect, are beta or can't do any better
>>
>>35773956

My whole point is DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

There is nothing you can do other than let the scar mature naturally.

I'd recommend a psychologist if you need help coming to terms with the fact you have stretch marks, that they will fade, but never will vanish 100%.

If you REALLY have an issue, then I'd recommend you consult with a cosmetic/plastics office equipped with an ablation laser.

The efficacy of lasers on stretch marks is wishy-washy as fuck though, some success, a lot of failure, and a high price tag.

Also keep in mind even with the laser treatment you will never remove the stretch mark 100%, even with multiple visitations -- and trust me to even get a 'significant effect' (significant open for personal interpretation) you're talking usually 5-6 visitations costing hundreds per visit.
>>
>>35768764
I have lost large amounts of weight naturally twice. Once when i was a teen and once at the age of 23, both times it was gradual and a lot of diet and exercise. My skin tightened right up

My theory is that only cheaters get skin flaps (gastric bypassers) and others who lose weight outrageously fast
>>
>>35773939
Oh, and I'm 5'11
>>
File: progress 1.jpg (86 KB, 701x666) Image search: [Google]
progress 1.jpg
86 KB, 701x666
>>35771286
are you me? 278 down to 166 in a year.
>>
>>35768692
Age does affect it. Teenagers can lose massive amounts of weight and have the skin cinch up (their skin has much more elasticity and it being constantly replaced at a much quicker rate than adults).

At your age, you will have a much better chance at it cinching up than a 30 year old.... The older you are the less elasticity your skin has and the less it's able to recover.

A lot of people that look like OP's pic lost huge amounts of weight (or got lipo) very quickly which tends to produce a lot of excess skin.

If you lose like a hundred pounds over 2 or 3 years, you will look much better than if you did it in a year or handful of months.

One more reason to just live healthy, eat right and exercise daily.... then do fanatical diet and cardio spurts that can't be kept up.
>>
File: InstaSize_2015_5___219518.jpg (116 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
InstaSize_2015_5___219518.jpg
116 KB, 512x512
280-168. Just do it faggot
>>
>>35774233
>>35774263
I gotta ask you bros your regimen. Massive amounts of cardio, chicken breast, and brown rice?

I used to be fit as fuck then I hurt my back and took about a year to recover. I got very fat from eating poor and not being able to work out. I need to do it.
>>
>>35774263
No loose skin?

>>35774297
Also curious.
>>
>>35768692
She should have stayed fat
>>
Goddamn >>35772234 and >>35774532 actually made me tear up like a pussy.
>>
>>35768783
I've been thinking about that since I've lost most of my weight and have noticed some low skin. Doesn't it leave some long, ugly scars?
>>
File: smugman.png (48 KB, 349x448) Image search: [Google]
smugman.png
48 KB, 349x448
>>35769573
Again without the slut makeup, dumb bitch
>>
>>35773542
Post pics bb
>>
>>35773939

You'll be fine, senpai. From the looks of it, you don't have any dangling fat pouches - which is where loose skin is at its worst. For example, your panus (your gut-flap) really just protrudes, rather than folds.

>>35768692

I'll show you all the horrors of my loose skin in a couple months, buddayz.

>Started at 420 6'3" - honestly 60% body fat
>SS and caloric deficit down to 260
>Break my shoulder and sever my AC ligament
>Gains gone - can't bench the bar without severe pain
>Slowly lose muscle mass and more weight
>Horribly loose skin already
>Go deep into depression
>Real deep
>Come out the other side at 375
>Diet and SS down to 345 over 6 months - strength nearly where it was before my accident
>Diet is impeccably clean
>Relationship with food is healthy for the first time in my life
>Loose skin guaranteed
>We have came to terms
>Started the Rapid Fat Loss Diet 3 weeks ago
>Already at 320
>9 more weeks of this hell

I'm going to be the world's largest flying squirrel.
>>
>>35768692
The surgery works OK, but the skin will always feel flabby and mushy no matter how much they remove. And it costs roughly 25k. Insurance will only cover it if you can prove the excess skin disrupts your daily work life.
>>
>>35771803
She is 5'4, 250-300lbs.
>>
>>35774297
>>35774403
the first 70 lbs were just an auchwitz diet (not safe, should have known better) and jogging 3 miles per day. since then its been lots of lifting and low intensity cardio. Diet is everything. pic related was today, I went from 278 to having abs in one year
>>
File: muhassfam.jpg (847 KB, 2448x2428) Image search: [Google]
muhassfam.jpg
847 KB, 2448x2428
>>35774887
n-no homo right?
>>
>>35775189
I mean losing weight will help a lot, but there is no way around loose skin at that weight/height ratio as far as I know, although I could be wrong. Don't let them get discouraged though, the loose skin is infinitely better than being obese.

Good luck to her if she actually goes for it, giving up is easy and tempting I'm sure, but don't help her find excuses. Anyone can do it.
>>
File: 8kC3S2M.png (83 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
8kC3S2M.png
83 KB, 277x182
>>35768755
>>
>>35774532

It's what i did.

Going to have a ruined body regardless. I'm poor and will never be able to afford surgery so why even bother, it's not like i like life anyways.
>>
File: 1334884610677.jpg (413 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1334884610677.jpg
413 KB, 1000x750
>>35774532
>>35775947
I'm having a hard time not thinking things like this after losing 127 lbs and still needing to lose something like 90 lbs more. I'm probably shorter than the women in OP's image and will look like a melted candle. On top of that, my stomach is weird, so I'm probably going to end up with incredibly painful and shitty infections if I try to lose all the weight.

It's like you're stuck with no good options at this point. I'm either going to have to be a fatass with painful joints and feeling hated everywhere or being a floppy mess with painful infections and still never feel like I'll fit in.
>>
File: 1453799016454.jpg (50 KB, 1052x654) Image search: [Google]
1453799016454.jpg
50 KB, 1052x654
>>35772915
>>
>>35769485
I went from 185 to 140 and lost it fast, have 0 loose skin
>>
>>35776897
Don't listen to that shit familia. I guarantee you'll be happier as a person with some loose skin than a literal hippo.
>>
>>35775884
Best pic kek
>>
>>35769039
If you're actually making a list wether to continue your relationship or not, you probably shouldn't continue it at all.
Especially if one of your criteria is so stronly based on looks.
>>
>>35768692

why does this turn me on jesus christ
>>
>>35779929
She has discipline
>>
>>35778827
Thanks a bunch, anon. I don't like being such a downer lately, but it's difficult to think someone will love you when you look so disfigured. I know some people out there have a thing for fatties, but I've never heard of someone being into the idea of a floppy gf.
Although then there's this comment >>35779929 so maybe there are some out there somewhere.
>>
>>35781675
Don't let that stop you anonette.

The earlier you lose it the faster you start living a happier/healthier existence, the faster you save up for some skin snipping surgery.
>>
>>35778905
>If you're actually making a list wether to continue your relationship or not, you probably shouldn't

That's bullshit.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.