[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /running/ here? >Tfw just got back from a hilly 6 mile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: me69.jpg (29 KB, 409x378) Image search: [Google]
me69.jpg
29 KB, 409x378
Who /running/ here?

>Tfw just got back from a hilly 6 mile run in the rain
>tfw endorphins making me feel like I could take on the world
>mfw going to run 11 miles on Saturday to bring my weekly total to 35, shooting for 48 next week (gunna do a str8 6x8)

Pic related is me after my run. I was going to post in a cbt because I'm masochistic like that but decided to make this instead.

>tfw bodybuilders on /fit/ make fun of me ;___;
>>
Fuck /fit/'s hatred of cardio. Nothing in the world makes me happy like running. Running around my college's campus is the most amazing feeling, seeing the whole city, that soreness in your legs you learn to love
>>
>>35712744
how fast you run those 6 miles OP?

I ran 7 tonight in almost exactly an hour, not my fastest but I'm getting there. You training for anything in particular?
>>
File: Gehrman-Render.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gehrman-Render.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
>understand that lifting can build great muscle but get bored of if quickly and don't really feel that "pump"
>tfw running makes me feel alive and happy

Was i meant to be a cardio bunny and not a muscle bear all along?
>>
Can cardio give you nice legs though? I don't want monstrous ones from squats and shit, was thinking about going on runs and all for leg day
>>
File: atmospheric3.jpg (40 KB, 604x482) Image search: [Google]
atmospheric3.jpg
40 KB, 604x482
>>35712941
45 minutes or so.

I used to be really fast. Then I burned out trying out for a D1 XC team and slid into alcoholism.

In between burning out and alcoholism fully taking hold I tried bodybuilding and then boxing.

I didn't care too much for bodybuilding- it just felt like a chore. I was a terrible boxer but it's something that I want to get back into.

Boxing is very cardio intensive- being strong really doesn't help much. So I guess I'm training to get back in the ring.

Also, since I quit drinking in late November I need something to get me to sleep at night and there's pleasure in pushing yourself and getting better bit by bit.

So that too.
>>
u suck at running 2
>>
>>35713226
>D1 XC team
dont box ur Gay if i see u put i n coffin Good boooyyy
>>
i never get the "runners high" that people talk about
lifting however
>>
Start lifting faggot
>>
File: 1451249624343.jpg (86 KB, 243x393) Image search: [Google]
1451249624343.jpg
86 KB, 243x393
>>35713177
Go for it man.

>>35713214
It'll give you larger legs (relative to the rest of your body at least) but it won't give you monster t-rex legs or sickening striations.

Depends on your goals.

Scooby mostly does cardio for his lower body and his legs are fairly proportional. It won't get you strong but you'll have a amount of endurance.

>>35713241
>>35713258
Are you experiencing a stroke?

>>35713442
>stop liking what I don't like

U first
>>
>>35712931
same
I need better shoes though.
the joints in my toes feel inflamed

i can do a mile in about 7:30-7:45
not that impressive, but i want to start improving the way i do with my lifts
>>
>>35713226
Former college triathlete here. See if your college has a triathlon club. They're usually co-ed and you train with the qt cardio bunnies. Training, racing and partying with my team was the best time of my life. Maybe you'll find something similar.

That being said, brother you gotta eat more and lift some weight. Doing squats and powercleans will help with explosive hip strength for hard runs and for your kick in races.
>>
>>35713485
Thanks brah, I think I'm gonna start working on it
>>
>tfw you look like me OP
just ran 8.5 today
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.