[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright fit my shins hurt like shit from running, i have running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160121_173738.jpg (3 MB, 3088x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160121_173738.jpg
3 MB, 3088x4160
Alright fit my shins hurt like shit from running, i have running shoes and run on concrete because i have no choice, and was wondering if i can still run but not have pain, also when i run i run pushing off my toes. Also admittedly i used to run but put on some weight,(chubby, not obese or anything) so do you guys have any advice?
>>
>>35711743
Shin splints
>>
How heavy are you?

Stop heel striking. Land on the center of your foot, and it should be really quiet
>>
>>35711757
Am i fucked, i really don't want to lose momentum, i ran 5 times last week (1.89 miles in 15 mins) and stopped and hit the gym one day and tried running yesterday and could barely make it, i still completed it, just walked alot more than i would have liked.
>>
>also when i run i run pushing off my toes
I found your problem. This is good technique at the end of a race when you want to finish pitching forward for that extra burst of speed, but for the majority of your run you should focus on striking with the middle portion of your foot
>>
>>35711790
Pain when running isn't good, stop running if it's hurting. Not burning, it should burn your thighs, but pain in your shins is bad. If you try to push through it, you'll only make it worse

We've all been there, getting shin splints. Just take it easy, so you don't damage your body more, and do what you can. Your body will get more used to running over the weeks, and you'll stop feeling pain

That's assuming good form. Get your fucking form in check. And don't be fat
>>
File: IMG_20160121_175436.jpg (304 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160121_175436.jpg
304 KB, 1080x1920
>>35711772
And maybe like 190, lol pretty chubby.
>>35711797
So that's most likely the cause of my shin splints then?
>>
>>35711812
Unless you're really short, you're not 190. When were you last on a scale?

Yes, fix your form. You should just be picking your foot up and putting it back down, not pushing forward. And it should be really quiet, don't hit the ground hard
>>
just give your bones some time to build up from all the impact.
I used to get splints from jumping rope, really annoyed me cuz i would have to stop before I would get a decent amount of cardio in.
After a few weeks of slowly building up the pain went away.
>>
>>35711825
I'm 6 feet, and its been a while tbqh family. And I'll look up proper form on YouTube, thanks guys
>>35711865
>>
>>35711897
Yeah, I'm 185, 6', and you're a lot heavier than me. Get on a caloric deficit, and I'd stop running for now. Focus on losing weight and walk, you're putting your joints under unnecessary strain right now with your weight
>>
>>35711812
it is 100% the cause of your difficulties. if you're running with good form and at a proper pace your heart will explode before your legs give out. If your legs are failing you it's because of your pace, posture, and/or technique.

Take an easy week or two to run shorter disances but with perfect posture and technique. Then hit the pavement like it's a cheating whore.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.