[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a reason why I shouldn't be eating cottage cheese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: BASED.png (505 KB, 1032x732) Image search: [Google]
BASED.png
505 KB, 1032x732
Is there a reason why I shouldn't be eating cottage cheese everyday? Look at these stats. Fucking look at them.

Superfood thread?
>>
>>35708107
Because it tastes like the holocaust.
>>
>>35708107

because it's a dairy product and dairies are pretty much garbage (that includes whey)
>>
>>35708452
Why's that?
>>
>>35708470

because you're a human and not a newborn cow
>>
>420mg sodium per 100g
Nah I'm alright
>>
>>35708504
No studies or anything like? What if I want to make my baby calves cows?
>>
>>35708452
Found the brownskin
>>
>>35708520
There's low sodium cottage cheese.
>>
>>35708107
Put it in a blender with skim milk and make a shake nigger its the swole patrol way
>>
>>35708430
This is really the only counter argument there is.

>>35708452
Vegan please go.
>>
>>35708764
>skim milk
>>
File: 1453147521971.jpg (80 KB, 575x554) Image search: [Google]
1453147521971.jpg
80 KB, 575x554
>>35708452
>>
I mix cottage cheese with my omelet mixture. It tastes great.
>>
>>35708107
why dont you just eat protein powder instead? Same shit almost
>>
>>35708843
This.
It's really good as an omelette filling.
Do you mix it with the eggs?
>>
>>35708843
>>35709001
tell us more
>>
>>35708810
>not skim milk
>>
>>35708430
True. But it's pretty good if you mix it with something.
>>
>>35708857
Eh, variety.
>>
>>35708470
Dairy products have been correlated with prostate cancer nomerous times.

Look it up.
>>
>>35709008

>2 eggs
>100g cottage cheese
>a bit of olive oil or butter

>oil the pan
>salt and beat the eggs while the pan heats up
>lower the flame and pour the eggs
>when eggs are solid add the cottage cheese in the center
>fold the omelette

I usually make 2.
>>
>>35708107
>that sodium
Greek yogurt better tbg
>>
>>35708778
>vegan

I'm pretty fucking far from a vegan.
I get all my proteins from meat and therefore have no need for whey or dairy products. I also "feel" better with no dairy and my skin looks better.

I bet all you dairy lovers are 21 y-o kiddos with less than 2 years lifting experience.
Considering how there are so many contradicting studies about any given food, I would advise you to try different diets and see how your body and gains are affected
>>
>>35709196

>Considering how there are so many contradicting studies about any given food, I would advise you to try different diets and see how your body and gains are affected

Yeah, comparing evidence and using your brain is too hard. Just ignore science and follow your heart.
>>
>>35709126
thanks
>>
>>35708539
Nice
>>
File: yum.jpg (219 KB, 1444x704) Image search: [Google]
yum.jpg
219 KB, 1444x704
>>35708107
Not really, I have pic related almost every night, unless I run out of quark, which very rarely happens as I buy in advance.
Pic related is 250g quark with one whole orange and one smaller banana and a handful of sponge busicuit (I don't know if this is in English what it is in my country, so I added a picture of what I meant).
When I feel like I've eaten enough throughout the day, I eat just the quark or just a quark with banana.
>>
>>35709211
Are you retarded, or just never developed reading comprehension skills? The science CONTRADICTS itself; they know that because they ALREADY COMPARED THE EVIDENCE AND FOUND IT CONTRADICTORY you mouth breathing retard.

They did so much tesearch they also know the only solud position backed by science is that we all respond to different foods based on our genetics, and that what works for you may not work for someone else.

Next time keep your mouth shut when the big people are talking.
>>
>>35709211
>"I don't trust my body, I only trust studies I read on the internet"

man you sound like one dumb sheep.
Are you even familiar with the word "contradicting" ? or that fruits and vegetables are pretty much the only food groups that don't have contradicting studies?
>>
>>35709313
That looks fucking disgusting to be honest.
>>
>>35708430
If there's one thing I learned through bulking, it's stop giving a fuck about how stuff tastes.
>>
>>35709342
Maybe it's the light of the camera making it look overly glistening, but it looks tasy as fuck irl and it also is, just try it.
You can do the same thing with cottage cheese.
Me mum does often what we call 'cold cake' which is basically 500g of quark or more, 250g of cream, tons of fruit and the sponge buiscuits, mixed all together, with either cocoa or grated coconut on top of it all. Put it in the fridge for an hour or two so that the buiscuits get a bit soggy and aren't so crunchy and it's done.
It's tasty as fuck, healthy, gainsinducing as well.
The only unhealthy parts are the cocoa and coconut, but fuck that, gotta eat big to get big.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 599x600
>superfood

If you're not mixing pic related with just about everything you eat you should just kill yourself
>>
>>35709452

insects are expensive as fuck and barely any store sells them, you know this
>>
File: 50744_640x428.jpg (35 KB, 642x428) Image search: [Google]
50744_640x428.jpg
35 KB, 642x428
>>35709342
>never had banana pudding with wafers
>>
>>35709313
for anyone wondering that's "cottage cheese + orange + banana + lady fingers (although I think you could use nilla wafers)" in american english
>>
>>35709452
If it has good macros and is cheaper than whey I'd actually eat this desu. If not they can fuck off with their meme products.
>>
>>35709395
There's unsweetened cocoa, which is really healthy.
>>
>>35708107
The sodium is high but shit's still good.
>>
>>35709526
Sodium literally does not matter at all as long as you drink enough water
>>
>>35709560

yeah but barely anyone drinks 2+ L of water a day breh
>>
>>35709489
>cottage cheese
No, cottage cheese and quark are different.
The taste is very different and it couldn't be used to make the cold cake.
>>35709505
Nah.
>>
>>35708430
Pepper. Add a ton of pepper.
If that's not enough, add some sriracha. Or a lot of sriracha
>>
>>35709594
>Nah.
>meme'ing
>>
>>35709591
>not carrying around a huge jug of water everywhere you go refilling it multiple times a day
Confirmed for not going to make it
>>
>>35709333

>The science CONTRADICTS itself

You just have different pieces of evidence to look at. Science is about trying to understand why one study would say one thing while another study says something else. You don't look at all of the available data and conclude that it's all a wash because it doesn't all say the same thing. You evaluate the data, look for trends and possible explanations, and use that to form a complete picture of what's most likely true.

What you're suggesting is that people not actually read and analyze data, and instead just believe what they FEEL. That's stupid. You're stupid.
>>
>>35709971
Yes, I know because I've done that. You obviously haven't. You examine who funded the study, verify how close they are to ceteris paribus, and see how the data was interpreted. If you were intelligent you'd realize that on the whole it is the individual's genetics that play the greatest role on what they should eat or not. This is due to either agenda driven studies, and studies not uniform enough in their demographics and controls to be able to compare them reliably.

Good thing retards like you exist running their ignorant mouthes like they have something intelligent to say when they're talking out of their ass about things they obviously haven't done... Fucking jackass...
>>
File: quartz-crystal-640x353[1].jpg (25 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
quartz-crystal-640x353[1].jpg
25 KB, 640x353
>>35710730

>Yes, I know

Obviously you don't because you're trying to argue that science doesn't work and is too confusing for you, and that non-science like just doing what feels right to you is better because you think it makes sense in your head.

I have some power crystals to sell you. Science is too contradictory to make sense of but if you put them in your pocket and believe really hard that they increase your strength, your lifts will go up 20%.
>>
>>35708430

Yeah it tastes like nothing so it's easy to eat.
>>
>>35708430
It doesnt taste fake at all
>>
>>35708504
why do you take nourishment from plants? It was meant for plants. You're not a plant.
>>
>>35710730
how close they are to ceteris paribus? What? How close they are to being possibly affected by other factors and therefore sometimes inaccurate? You mean most of science that isn't pure physics? What fucking science background do you have if you throw away research because of your feelings for it, or because there's a probability that someone made a bad call on accepting or rejecting a hypothesis?
>butmuhgenes
what a meme pseudosciencey Deepak Chopra assfuck thing to say. You can't find consistency or generalization potential in experimental design or analytical techniques, so it must be genes. That's the easy thing to say, yes, because it's partly true and also lazy. But our genes are not so different that generalizations about nutrition are impossible, or that the research you dismiss has no value. You made a big leap there.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.