[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are my squats so weak? Is it because I'm fat? Does it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 0_122.jpg (249 KB, 1600x2844) Image search: [Google]
0_122.jpg
249 KB, 1600x2844
Why are my squats so weak? Is it because I'm fat? Does it greatly influence how strong my squats are?
I deadlift 90kg (200-something lbs for americunts) with perfect form, yet I can BARELY do 40 kg squats. Barely, no ass to grass. I just barely do them, but usually I go 30 kg for a perfect, full squat.
I feel like my technique is somewhat not good because I can feel the heavy strain on my quads and can't "activate" my glutes so to speak.

ass for motivation to give me advice how can I do better squats
>>
>>35697362
well, lbs on your body are pounds that could be on the bar. Work on mobility and keep at it, post a video of you squating where people will help you
>>
>>35697362
wait, what? you cant squat 40kg = 88lb?

i dont think any adult who is able to walk and move around properly should have problem squatting atleast 135lb.

perhaps its not because of technique or strength. you might be lacking the most basic mobility
>>
>>35697362
describe how it feels when you are squatting. Where is the weight going? Where do you feel strain?
>>
>>35697665
this isn't true you should be able to do at least a few reps with 40kg but not tank it if you're just starting out, ya sticking ya a$$ out enough?
>>
Your squats are weak because your body is weak because you're a weak person
>>
>>35697665
I bike daily 20+ km and have been doing so for years. I weight 100 or so kg and I still have more running endurance than most of my friends I run with who are fitter. I' quite mobile and I don't even understand what you mean by "basic mobility". No, I can't jump 10 meters into the air but I'm as mobile as anyone and I tend to believe I have better mobility than the average guy.

This is why I believe there's something wrong with my squats and nothing about my actual lower body strength.
I try to keep the whole foot on the ground when squatting but I lose balance and so I have to lean a bit forward.
Someone suggested I put something behind my heel for better balance and thus better squats. I can't seem to get the form right. Everyone says I must maintain the back straight, whole foot on the ground, no rounded back, no leaning on your toes.

If I try to do all that, I lose all my balance and I can't push up more than 40 kg currently.

Should I just fucking lean forward?
>>
>>35697362
You're just weak as fuck mate. 90kg is basically untrained deadlift and your squat is frankly pathetic.

You're either doing something terribly wrong and have little control over the movements your body is making or you have some serious muscle wasting disease. Film your lifts for a form check.
>>
>>35697677
long story short, I lose all my fucking balance and I either have to lean on my toes, or lean my body forward, which goes against everything I've learned about squatting. I'll just fall on my ass if I were to squat with more than 40 kg currently.

Also when pushing up, the instructions say to "activate" your glutes, but I find that 100% of the strain is supported by the quads. I've tried to push with the hips but it's not working. Can't nail down the technique. I just push raw with my quads as if there was no other muscle to help overall.
>>
>>35697870
I've never seen anyone lifting more than 60 something kg normally. Without counting the buff dudes in the gym, I'm the only one deadlifting over and I'm increasing with 5 every workout or at least every other workout depending on how I feel.

get off your high horse of bias "mate", not everyone is lifting since birth like you.
>>
>>35697871
High bar or low bar? Have you ever tried front squatting.?
>>
>>35697362
gonna need a source mate
>>
>>35697914
I did stronglifts with a mildly athletic back ground and within a year I was squatting 3 plate and deadlift 160kg after not really doing the program properly and having shitty diet. Just because you surround yourself with mediocrity doesn't mean you should lower your standards. Linear progression should last at least 9 months.

Don't increase weight based on how you feel, do it every time you hit the previous weight for enough sets. Every week you need to be increasing the volume of each lift to build muscle. You've got to work hard.

Film your squats. You probably have very little idea how your body is actually moving. At a guess your back is probably far too upright and you have an atrocious bar path with an unsteady descent.
>>
Either you're squatting very terribly, or your proportions are just very bad for squatting, amd better for deadlifting.

Long arms, short torso and long femurs can do that. Post a pic of you in a squat at para-lel from the side.
>>
fat people are supposed to be better at squats
>>
File: howtosquat.png (284 KB, 1249x661) Image search: [Google]
howtosquat.png
284 KB, 1249x661
>>35697362
Your technique is shit
Your routine is probably shit
You didn't care to seek any education for yourself about lifting
You will end up snapping your shit up if you just keep going
Your 90 kg deadlift is shit, some people literally lift that shit their first day in the gym if they are the least bit athletic
Your thread is shit
Shit

Have a pic so that I can at least say that I tried to help
>>
>>35698128
Shit. The pic should add that you MUST keep your heels down and push from your heels when you squat
>>
>>35698128
I lift for exactly 1 month and 7 days and /fit/ said my routine was good. It's basically PPLPPXX so I don't go into much detail. Please if you want, I can post it so you can check it and speak your mind.
I don't understand where you come from that everyone and their mother is deadlifting 90 kg blind on their first day, but here that shit don't happen.
I've literally seen every video on squatting there is and tried doing it myself without weight and I came to the conclusion that my back is too upright and so I tend to lose balance and fall on my ass. I can say I'm wary of leaning too forward but I might just have to do it because that's what everything I've seen suggests I should do, including your image.

And stop speaking out of your ass friend, I'm here to seek advice since I honestly thought I'm allowed to do it. Or is /fit/ solely about circle jerking and beginner shunning?
>>
>>35698128
>advising beginners to do box squats
enjoy your hernia
>>
I have a couple of squat questions, first one is why does my lower back sometimes hurt when I'm squatting? I know it's a form thing but it doesn't always happen, so what am I doing wrong?

second one is how do women squat and get massive legs and asses with no core or upper body?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.