[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you actually lose fat and build some muscle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: Ck2ToEU4ToVIc2Game.jpg (396 KB, 2100x1525) Image search: [Google]
Ck2ToEU4ToVIc2Game.jpg
396 KB, 2100x1525
So I'm 232 and 5'8. I know I'm massively overweight and in terrible shape.

So for the past two weeks I've been eating around 1800 to 2200 calories a day and going to the gym to lift weights every other day. I actually really like this, it makes me feel really good. I'm just wondering If I'm actually accomplishing anything.

I switched to a very high protein diet as well. I try to eat as much protein as possible in my meals, which has resulted in my eating a lot of fish and chicken. I count my calories very carefully, but I'm worried that I don't really feel that hungry. I've had diets work in the past (I used to be 263, went down to 200 and gained it back like an idiot) and felt like the only time I was making progress was when I felt like I was starving all the time. Maybe eating better is just making me feel more full I'm not sure.

I just don't know if I'm on the right track or being reasonable with my goals. I expect it to take a long time, but I don't want to lose fat and what little muscle I have. I don't want to be a negligible body fat Adonis. I'd be happy if I just looked like I gave a damn about my body.

I've read the sticky and the done a lot of research, but I always felt like someone was trying to sell me something. Can I actually do it?
>>
>>35482786
Yes, it is possible to do both at once, and it's easy to do so when you are starting out.

Especially so when starting as a fatasfatass. So enjoy your easy gains and weight loss for now, it becomes more difficult later.

For now just focus on your diet and consistently going to the gym. If you can progress your lifts (and you fucking can you weak fucking baby, don't be a pussy) then do that as often as you can with good form.
>>
File: tmyk.jpg (45 KB, 458x445) Image search: [Google]
tmyk.jpg
45 KB, 458x445
>>35482786
>counting calories
>high protein
>lifting
>has read sticky

Just keep doing what you're doing anon, its only been 2 weeks, give it a few months of consistent effort and dedication.
>>
File: 2Sn4KSD.jpg (71 KB, 716x609) Image search: [Google]
2Sn4KSD.jpg
71 KB, 716x609
>>35482786

what the fuck are you worrying about muscle loss when you are that fucking fat?

focus on losing your god damn fat first and think about potential muscle loss later when you are actually ready for these type of thoughts.

Who the fuck cares about your fucking muscles when you are a fucking disgusting fat blob?

> I don't want to be a negligible body fat Adonis

shit like these sentences trigger the fucking shit out of me.

Holy fuck your like a kid riding a toy car talking about he doesnt want to go as fast as a Formula 1 car because its potentially dangerous.

Where does this retarded logic come from?

If you are always so far ahead in the fucking future with your thoughts you will never make it.

This will happen if you dont stop this shit:

>I used to be 263, went down to 200 and gained it back like an idiot

Focus on losing your disgusting fat.

STEP BY STEP

DAY BY DAY

Just the fuck up with that future talk bullshit
>>
>>35482786
how hungry you feel has nothing to do with how effective a diet is. eat 2000 calories of donuts a day and you'll be hungry. eat 2000 calories of chicken and broccoli and you'll have to force the shit down your throat you'll be so full.
>>
File: trump bernie gas.jpg (181 KB, 680x881) Image search: [Google]
trump bernie gas.jpg
181 KB, 680x881
>>35482819
This x100 lmao
>>
>>35482786
In my opinion the answer is no. Especially if your muscle cells aren't used to strength training (which takes a long time).

The best thing you can hope for is to keep the muscles you have.

But there are different opinions on the matter and studies show different results. I read one that showed that with a caloric !surplus! and an insane amount of proteins you can actually loose small amounts of fat and gain the usual amount of muscles.

But if your goal is to loose weight, as in "massive" weight loss then the answer is definitely no, and I'm considering anyone who claims that being on a strong caloric deficit can make you gain muscles to be a complete and utter ignorant idiot who should just get off the internet and stop playing nutritional expert.

But definitely keep up the strength training. It will motivate you and when you hit your goal then you can go 100% immediately.
>>
>>35482819

I know I'm a disgusting fat slob and I'm going to change that. I'm just saying I have realistic expectations and that I want guidance on how to achieve that.

In two years I'll have lifted this fat away and I won't be fat anymore. You'll still be an asshole though.
>>
>>35482863

yeah because being nice is a lot harder than losing 150lbs LMAO
>>
>>35482873

I'm dedicated to being in shape. You're dedicated to being an asshat.

We'll see who gets to their goal first.
>>
>>35482863

>You'll still be an asshole though

boo hoo retard. Someone had to tell you the truth.

Sorry that it hurt your fucking feelings.

You came here for advice and get butthurt when people tell you that your logic is completely wrong.

If you are sitting on such a high horse (or an elephant for you) why do you think you are able to lose that fat?

You won't cause you are too weak to admit that you are being wrong.

the guy who made the 150lbs comment is not me btw
>>
>>35482881
anon that was solid advice

given in a harsh tone, sure, but still solid.
>>
>>35482897

What advice?

Should I just crash course diet or should I lift while maintaining a medium deficit like what I'm trying to do.
>>
>>35482888

I will and I'll think about you when I do buddy.
>>
>>35482915
>>35482921

you lift regardless you tard

just dont worry about any muscle loss.

See your lifting, workout as part of burning more fucking calories aka burning more fat and not as a big muscle gainer.

Muscle gaining, maintaining has no value to you because your only goal is to lose fat.

You have to lose so much fat that you WILL lose muscle anyway.

Try Lyle McDonald's diet if you can actually stick to it and you might be able to lose as little muscle as possible but you will lose muscles.

You just gain the muscles back later when you arent a fat fuck anymore.
>>
>>35482933

*Lyle McDonalds Rapid Fat Loss Diet
>>
>>35482933

I'm just going to keep lifting and eating right. You can keep getting triggered over a mongolian wood carving IRC comment about not trying to be an adonis.
>>
File: 1431302913479.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1431302913479.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>35482960

think about me when you start losing your motivation and then stuff your face with shitty carbs and lots of fat again fatty
>>
>>35482915
>Should I just crash course diet or should I lift while maintaining a medium deficit like what I'm trying to do.

Whatever, as long as you eat below your TDEE and lift you'll lose weight.

You probably will not gain strength, but that doesn't matter yet.

Worry about getting to ~170 first.
>>
>>35482960
Not that guy, but what are you moping over? This is just /fit/'s brand of tough love. There was no personal insult in how he first approached you. He was just drilling it into you that your mindset is a retarded one, which it is. He was trying to redirect your focus. Don't worry about muscle loss like a retard right now. Just lose your fucking fat.

Goodness.
>>
>>35482942

>eat a lot of protein
>minimize calories
>eat your fiber

I was already doing that you idiot.
>>
>>35482978

I don't even wants those anymore. Eating better actually makes me feel good. So does lifting.
>>
File: 1448634796128.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448634796128.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
Your body will recomp itself. But it will take a lot of more time to look good than just to lose the fat.

The people here dont say its possible, but I bet every fat guy who lost weight and did heavy weight training or high volume training will confirm that even with a calorie deficit u will get more muscle mass if you consume enough protein.
>>
File: 1407253233288.gif (529 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1407253233288.gif
529 KB, 480x360
I went from 215~ (98kg) to 178 (81kg) and pretty much my everything blew up a little bit.

I started lifting at the same time I started my diet and my lifts are pretty shit but I still made decent progress.

Bench 40kg - 67.5kg
Squat Bar - 80kg
DL Bar - 105kg

This is in about 3 months of lifting on a good routine. I did a extremely shitty routine for 3 months prior to that which was purely isolation and machines.

I'm still going down to 165~ (75kg) to get to around 10%BF and start my clean bulk. I've started stalling on everything and it's even been a little hard to keep up the weight on some lifts but the prospect of making sweet gains while looking good is something I really look forward to.
>>
File: 1449601909312.png (121 KB, 325x340) Image search: [Google]
1449601909312.png
121 KB, 325x340
>>35482786
>that map
just fuck my continent up senpai
>>
>>35483015
Former Fatass
This is true
>>
>>35482786
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOU9mqMtpW8
one of the most scientific youtuber
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.