[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a fairly new trainer anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: toon_link_by_aticum-d53jhq1.png (189 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
toon_link_by_aticum-d53jhq1.png
189 KB, 900x720
Ask a fairly new trainer anything.
>>
What starter did you pick?
>>
>>35685038
Squirtle for an easy first win followed by some real struggle.
>>
File: sir.jpg (49 KB, 835x525) Image search: [Google]
sir.jpg
49 KB, 835x525
>>35685126
>2016
>Not choosing the fire-type starter
I shiggy diggy

On the actual topic of the thread, what sort of certification does it take to be a trainer? How long did it take for you to get certified?
>>
>>35685020
How do be super cute like Link
>>
You fuck any of them yet
>>
>>35685203
I went with ISSA. Was skeptical at first since certs like ACE are NCAA accredited. Then I learned a couple of things.

1) ISSA is the only cert that is recognized by the Dept. of Education

2) A cert is just a piece of paper

You are better off learning the very basics of training to get said piece of paper and find a niche. Mine is Strength and Conditioning, I have a 400 lbs back (not the best but not bad either) and am about to sell the manager of a bank on 36 sessions at roughly $40 an hour each.
>>
>>35685020
Would you have sex with your clients for money?
>>
>>35685337
Only the hot ones
>>
>>35685353
Logical next question: how many of your clients are hot?

>>35685327
Interesting... Are you working for a gym, or are you finding clients on your own?
>>
>>35685020
3day FBW for female whats your advice?
>>
File: image.png (124 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124 KB, 500x343
>>35685020
What do I do if I have piriformis syndrome, flat feet, hyper lordosis of my lumbar, my cervical extenders are tight and my head protrudes forward, my feet turn out when I squat, my right trap hitches a lot when I deadlift, and my pelvis has a slight rotation toward my left due to my scoliosis.

What would a good routine for me look like? My goal is to lift without injuring myself further and gain muscle mass.
>>
>>35685488
You fucked up a long time ago junior.
>>
>>35685482
Anything a man would do. The primary difference between male and females as it relates to physical activity is testosterone production. You can still get toned and build strength on the same basic barbell lifts to an appreciable degree.

You might try

Trap (or Hex) Bar Deadlift - 3 sets of 8

Bench Press - 5 x 5

Deadlift 6 sets of 1

or

Squat - 5 x 5

Dumbbell Bench 3 sets of 8

Barbell row - 3 sets of 8

Overhead press 4 sets of 6

Side Raises - 4 sets of 12
These are just examples of what would be a single component to a larger comprehensive program.
>>
>>35685890
Just realized I put deadlift on their twice.

Replace with overhead press
>>
>>35685395
One of four

The other three consist of one man, and two old ladies.
>>
>>35685395
Working for a gym, got hired my first day job hunting. It's badass, they find my clients and I walk away with 65%.
>>
>>35685020
Are you like other trainers in that your job is absolute shit and bottom feeder-tier, yet you tell yourself you're better than other people because you're fit and/or think that youre above average attractiveness?

Cause everyone with a real job will always think the same thing when you tell them what you do for a living: "lmao this nigga must be retarded, lazy, or both"
>>
>>35685020
Do you recommend SS to your trainees?
>>
>>35685020
What kind of certification do you have?

Do you recommend starting strength to your clients?
>>
>>35686055
>It's badass, they find my clients and I walk away with 65%.
What do you make per year? Like $30k?
>>
>>35686272

Sounds to me like you are under the impression trainers have a superiority complex because you feel like a retard when you walk into the gym.

You probably look like shit too, but that's okay. You have a job that meets some magic criteria that doesn't seem to include making 25-40 dollars per hour on the low end :^]
>>
>>35686291

Not to clients, but if somebody were to ask me if they could do well on that program I would say yes.

>>35686314

More like 40k, but keep in mind it's my first year. There are a few different ways to get that number higher.
>>
>>35686353
No, just had a few bad experiences and all the trainers I've ever seen at any gym walk around like fucking douche bags.

I look pretty good, and my job is a good job so I dont get paid by the hour. I make over double what you make and im 22.

>Hadda fuck ya doin?
>>
>>35686405

I would you are a douche bag and any any trainer who is good enough to pick and choose his clientele doesn't want to deal with you.

Sure trainers don't make the most money, but considering I get paid to do what I'm passionate about I can say I'm happy with my life. You on the other hand are going to be one of those 40 year old fat fucks that resents anyone who care about their health because you were too busy with your unwarranted self importance to do something about your little 4chan induced downward spiral.
>>
>>35686382
how do you get that number higher in the future
>>
>>35686405
From what I've seen, trainers seem to walk around like douchebags because they're in their element (they work there and, for the most part, they're doing a job they care about) and. when you first interact with them, you're either new to lifting altogether or new to whatever gym they're at. Combine that with the fact that they're probably used to shepherding all the clueless NYRers around, it's not really surprising that they seem arrogant even if they aren't.

That said, you're coming across as an insecure and overly aggressive dingaling right now.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.