[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /fit/ train it's brain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: books-w-globe.jpg (1 MB, 2404x2085) Image search: [Google]
books-w-globe.jpg
1 MB, 2404x2085
How does /fit/ train it's brain?
>>
Lift heavy objects against gravity and drink bad tasting shakes that make my tummy go poopoo
>>
>>35677219

Studying/reading/writing/fighting
>>
>>35677219
>How does /fit/ train it's brain
>/fit/ train it's brain
>it's brain
>it's
you're not gonna make it brah
>>
>>35677219
i read most of starting strength before starting my ppl
>>
>>35677277

B T F O
T..T.....
F.....F..
O.......O
>>
>>35677219
khanacademy

srs
>>
>>35677219
Meditate, study chemistry, biology and nutrition, study science teaching at uni and play guitar
>>
I play jazz - piano and hammond on a professional level and study computer science.

That. And I use all kinds of apps to get poon and manipulate women.
>>
EE
>>
>>35677379
>play guitar

I just started playing 2 years ago and after "gitting gud" you do feel new pathways open up in your brain similar to the way when you first learn fundamental mathematics.

I'm going to try to learn 81-key piano too and see what that does.
>>
kegels
>>
>>35677462
>use all kinds of apps to get poon and manipulate women.

Share please anon. Also post your favorite jazz recording while you're at it
>>
im from /lit/ i just read all day
>>
I'm living the struggle on both /fit/ and /ic/. I like suffering.
>>
>>35677486
what are some of your favorite books?
>>
>>35677518
Are you ever gonna stop shitposting?
>>
>>35677518
hey im ryan too stop that
>>
>>35677518

you must be pretty dumb if you don't even know how to do that
>>
>>35677518
Put a bullet through it.

>I know this is bait anyway
>>
File: zz.jpg (39 KB, 313x499) Image search: [Google]
zz.jpg
39 KB, 313x499
>>35677495
>>
Neitszche
>>
>>35677219
coursera+futurelearn
>>
>>35677219

I'm in my final year of University.

I read the headlines daily, and if I have time, I also read articles that interest me, usually from a variety of websites to make sure I get a good range of views and sources.

I've been collecting second hand books from charity shops for almost two years and plan to read them upon graduating when I have more time on my hands, all of which are nonfiction (e.g. history, politics, philosophy, sociology, psychology, architecture, and the environment).

Meditate for 10 minutes before I go to sleep.
>>
Currently learning German and studying a data Science and Big data analisys Master Degree. Pretty though tho.

I'm also learning Python by myself because we use R at the master and Python is also useful for this field. And I read quite a lot. Currently I'm reading a book about Polish history during WWII, specifically because I became interested in the Warsaw Uprising when I was traveling in Poland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj5cc-eO-eg
>>
>>35677622
read some Shoepoonhowar too
>>
>>35677622

I've considered reading some of his work as I've got an interest in philosophy, but haven't studied it before. I've heard a lot about this guy. Is there anything you'd recommend, for beginners? Or any introductory works/books?
>>
File: 1405004593228.jpg (23 KB, 625x467) Image search: [Google]
1405004593228.jpg
23 KB, 625x467
>>35677723
if you want to know more about Polish history during WWII, I suggest you read "Stones for the rampart", non-fiction novel by Aleksander Kamiński, which shows the acts of sabotage and armed resistance during the WWII and the devotion and sacrifice of many young men. You can also read Tadeusz Borowski's short stories, if you can find them translated. They show that WWII wasn't only time of dedication, and people basically wanted to survive and done everything they could to do so, often commiting acts of uncertain morality, but they may prove to be quite easy to misinterpret so try to find them with some king of scientific description.
If you're into poetry, read some Krzysztof Kamil Baczyński and Tadeusz Gajcy.
>>
>>35677783

At least understand the major ideas/themes of Kant, Hegel, Schopenhauer, Descartes, Plato, Aristotle, Locke.

This site is useful
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/plato/
>>
>>35677861
NICE. Thanks. The book I'm reading is "The eagle unbowed" and so far it was quite interesting. I also do my search on wikipedia and for example, Witold Pilecki is bassically my hero now.
>>
>>35677723
Where do you learn python? I want to start so that it helps in future research.

Any recommendations? website or book or something? Also, how do I acquire the programmer state of mind? Logical thinking and shit like that?
>>
I'd really like to learn another language. I have 30 - 60 mins that I can dedicate to it each day.
What would be the best way to go about doing this?

Also what's your opinion on the best 2nd language to learn and why?
>>
>>35677882
no problem breh, I never was really interested in history so I've tried to help you with literature, I'm afraid that it may be hard to find it in English, but you may at least find something.
>>
File: 1389276657132.jpg (273 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1389276657132.jpg
273 KB, 1280x853
>>35677926
Consider your future prospects and the countries that are close to you. Usually in the US one of the most obvious is Mexican Spanish because there are many people who have that as their first language. Spanish can be helpful and a gateway drug to the other romance languages.

I started French because I'm a Europoor, and French is a major EU language, as well as spoken in Canada, which I want to visit someday. (Also considering some basic Arabic, lel)

read the /int/ sticky, useful stuff in there. Also, if you can, try to expose yourself to the target language as much as possible. spoken is best. Listening to the news or watching movies/series with subtitles.

I recommend everyone who wants to have a flexible mind to learn second languages. Keeps your memory in check, works your left and right hemisphere as well. Language learning is GOAT for flexibility of mind.

>How does /fit/ train it's brain?

reading is great. I'm also a uni student so I study and read and write a lot as well.

Trying to get into meditating but it is hard to keep it consistent.
>>
>>35677866

Thanks. I understand some of Plato's and Aristotle's work from what I briefly covered in studying Jurisprudence, though know much more about Locke. Natural Law is a joke though, but an interesting concept nonetheless.

Thanks a lot for the resource dude.

>>35677898

The New Boston is a FANTASTIC resource for videos to help you learn new things. I found this for you:

https://www.thenewboston.com/videos.php?cat=36

I'm not that actual guy you responded to, but here you go anyway.

>>35677926

I found Spanish much easier than French, and more enjoyable. Duolingo is a pretty good app if you're short on time and because it's interactive, it can often help. Variations of it are spoken in Mexico and South America, with Portuguese and Italian not being all that different, so it can be a good way to learn those other languages too.
>>
>>35677986
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate you taking the time to write that out
>>
>>35678000
trips of truth, thanks for the link. I think I'll start right away.
>>
>>35677986
>Trying to get into meditating but it is hard to keep it consistent.

Me, too.

I meditated for 15 minutes a day for about four days before I stopped, and it's not as if I have a lot to do. It's just habit and honestly a little uncomfortable.

But it doesn't have to be anything other than simple visualization, which can be done without Hindu religious practices.

>imagine a gentile spray washer is installed inside of your brain
>decide what part you want to target, say frontal lobe
>turn the virtual sprinkler system on thinking about what improvements it will make in that area
>frontal lobe clean -- imagination, organization
>see the results of a clean frontal lobe
>move to the next area, Brocca's say
>clean Brocca's area means eloquence
>continue

Don't know all of the areas of the brain? You will. Just do one at a time, because until your next meditation session you will see the benefits.
>>
>>35677219
I'm a statistician. With all of the data analysis / mining i do daily, pretty sure i have my brain gainz covered. :^)
>>
>>35677898
>https://www.thenewboston.com/videos.php?cat=36

I studied Computing Science before the master I'm currently doing, so that helps, but for a begginner I always loved the books "Head First" from O'Reily.

Head First Programming (or Object Oriented Programming maybe) should make you obtain that mindset you talk about.

Also, there is a web with exercises and so:
http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

Don't forget to search for courses in CodeAcaddemy too for example.
>>
I'm a software dev. It's part of my job.
>>
>3x8 college credits
>read almost incessantly since age 4
>play various musical instruments with degrees of skill ranging from "passable" to "downright bad"
>>
File: image.png (250 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
250 KB, 1242x2208
what u guys think of my tinder bio, i got like 4 matches in a day with it so far lol
>>
>>35678516
Thanks, I hope I can get a PDF from somewhere or maybe I'll buy it.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.