[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>teach english in japan at an elementary school > kids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 1449445759948.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449445759948.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
>teach english in japan at an elementary school
> kids keep asking me to lift them
> spend most of my time between classes walking around with kids hanging off me
> OHP and squat kids at lunch time
>tfw finally squatting lmao3kids
Teaching confirmed for /fit/test job
>>
do they try to touch your penis?

I heard jap kids like hitting peoples dicks.
>>
>>35674453
Year 1 kids, year.
>>
>>35674481
Yeah*.
>>
>Finished moving in to my first apartment
>Spring semester starts tomorrow
>Fiancé is coming to live with me in the Fall
>Cooking all my food and doing adult things
>Feeling dat der independence for the first time since starting school 3 years ago.

But best of all I'm right across the street from the campus gym.

Good feels general
>>
>>35674359
Congrats on your success OP. Are you fluent in Japanese then?

And do you get to tame mad Japanese teacher strange during your lunch break?
>>
>tfw going through to be a kindergarten teacher
>looking forward to gym class and yard duty
>really want to do track and field with older kids

I hope teaching is as /fit/ of a job as you tell me it is OP
>>
>>35674565
I dunno mayn. Your best bet is probably going with what you want to do and be a track/field coach. It's rare to meet a fit teacher here in amerifat

But what do I know? I'm not OP
>>
>>35674533
>Falling for the matrimony Jew
Wish you luck blood
>>
>>35674359
>teach english in japan at an elementary school
how's it like?

I'm going for secondary since I probably don't have the patience for elementary kids
>>
>>35674561
Survival moon at best. Most of the teachers are pretty chill.

>>35675594
Depends on the area/school. Like 98% of my kids are great but I'm in a really academically strong area. Some areas are rough as fuck to the extent native teachers have been removed by their company for the native teacher's safety.

I thought that too before I started. Ive got two junior highs and the elementary. I like all of them.
>>
>>35675774
>Some areas are rough as fuck to the extent native teachers have been removed by their company for the native teacher's safety.
delinquents or what do you mean by safety?
>>
>>35675789
Delinquents.

From what other teachers I know the most common bad behaviour is kids flatly refusing to do work and just going to sleep or drawing on their desk. I've got a couple who do that but for me it's seriously like 4 kids out of the 1200+ I teach.
>>
>>35675774
Have any junior high girls crushed on you and made tings awkward for you?
>>
>>35675921
no physical violence experience yet? are you placed in the urban or rural area? pays well?

>tfw this is my one of my dreams
teaching english in japan seems to be a pretty mediocre dream but I just want to live a comfy life
>>
>>35674359
Are you an assistant language teacher? What do you think of the English curriculum?

What's your educational background, did you have any prior teaching experience?
>>
>>35675946
Yes. Elementary too. They're starting young these days.

>>35675968
Not for me. I'm in metro tokyo. About 40 minutes on the train to shinjuku. I get around 2k a month in digereedollars so a touch less in bugerbucks, 210k yen. Rent is around 71k yen/mo so roughly 710AUD but I split it with my gf.
>>
>>35675986
Yes. It's pretty shit. I taught martial arts to ages 3 through 18 and did CELTA (a ESL diploma). Experience and ESL qualifications aren't required but are well regarded. You need a bachelor's of some description to qualify for the visa though.
>>
>>35676005
>I get around 2k a month in digereedollars so a touch less in bugerbucks, 210k yen. Rent is around 71k yen/mo so roughly 710AUD but I split it with my gf.
That's already a big salary for me because I'm a third worlder actually.

Thanks anon, the dream lives on! Hoping to graduate and pass the licensing exams!

Good luck to you and your qt gf (jap?)
>>
>>35674359
Better get up to lmao4kids before you come back to the states.
>>
>>35676035
>Good luck to you and your qt gf (jap?)
Japanese parents but born in ausfailia

>>35676067
>states
ausfalian
>>
>>35674359
Any good gyms in Tokyo? (I read you didn't get cucked and placed in some rural place)

I might end up studying there for one or two years and don't really want to lose my gains.
>>
>>35676225
Not around me. Expensive as fuck too. 90USD~/mo. If you're studying I'm sure the uni would have one and cheap/free
>>
>>35676272
Holy fuck, that's more than I pay per year for my gym here. I should probably look up what facilities the unis have before I choose.
>>
>>35676308
I just discovered that most community sport centres have weights of some description and it's 2-4USD/visit. I haven't had a chance to check it out though.
>>
>>35674359
>>35676005
Ive always really wanted to do this, how did you get into it?
>>
>>35674359
How easy are Jap chicks? Is Japan like my animes?
>>
>>35676359
Free weights?

I read on TiTech's website just now that they do have a "Weight Training Room", don't know if they have serious weights or not. Did have weird opening times though and "closed during entrance exams". God damn meme country.

I also checked Todai and they seem to have an actual free weight area in their gym.
>>
>>35675594
>how's it like?
You are the last person who should teach English.
>>
>>35674359
lmao

I worked at an elementary school last semester, OHP the little fuckers all day man
>>
>>35676447
>You are the last person who should teach English.
how do you mean?
>>
>>35676380
Live with my gf so I can't help you there. I did have a couple high school girls take my picture on the bus and discuss how good looking I was so there's that.

>>35676434
No sure.

>>35676361
There's a few companies do it. Basically they get a contract with the board of education for the area and dispatch assistant language teachers (ALTs) to the schools. Other companies have contracts with private schools and individuals.

I'd steer clear of eikaiwa though. They're shady as fuck.

>>35676478
Your question was grammatically incorrect. It should be "What's it like?"
>>
>>35676380
Read this in my head. Kept scrolling as I am taking a shit. 5 seconds later just start laughing my ass off. 10/10
>>
>>35676380
Read this as I scroll through while taking a shit. Ignore post. 5 seconds later just start laughing my ass off. 10/10
>>
>>35676489
>Your question was grammatically incorrect. It should be "What's it like?"
ESL and I did say I was learning
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.