[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Concerned lifter here, So, I took two years off lifting due
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (2 MB, 331x351) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 331x351
Concerned lifter here,

So, I took two years off lifting due to some lifestyle issues. Now that I'm back, I apparently have hip tightness issues that cause lower back pain. I can lift with the pain and it goes away while lifting, but for the past month my right knee has felt weak whenever under tension. When I go to squat I can feel it start to hurt as I get near parallel, not to mention when I squat deeper. If I flex my quads while sitting the pain also comes out, but doesn't bother me when sumo deadlifting. Any ideas?
>>
>>35663548
Bump
>>
Go very easy with the weights. Don't lift for your ego.

Search for mobility exerises and do them every single day. Start very light und don't stretch until it hurts. Making mobility a habit is hard but it really works. Do them every single day even when you don't feel like doing it.

No heavy lifting is worth having fucked up joints in my opinion. When it just doesn't get better after a month visit a doctor. My gym buddy hurt his knee and still lifted heavy ignoring the pain. He can't squat/deadlift heavy at all now although over 3 years have passed and he nearly lost his motivation to lift at all.
>>
>>35663619
Do this. And get a foam roller to hit your legs with.
>>
Sounds like you need to stretch hip flexors for back, and glutes for knees s.
Sounds odd but the worst that happens is you get more flexible
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'm 100% positive it's my hip flexors and tight sartorius muscles. I can tell my quads are REFUSING to fire. There isn't a clicking sound or anything like that.

Pictures: where my knee hurts
>>
>>35663548
Roll out your quads, glutes, back, itb and stretch everything
>>
>>35663619
I have to add that I hurt my knees once and had to lift very easy weight (not even 1pl8 squats) for over two month. I hated it. I am really muscular and always thought that I looked like a roiding idiot that does low weight/many rep while training that month. Pumped up with no strength, something I never wanted to be. Every training I was thinking about just adding the weight again. I didn't and my knees were back to normal after that time. Best descision to ignore my self esteem issues and just train to heal and not to impress myself/others.
>>
> So I took two years off

You mean you quit. You're not gonna make it son. I'm so sorry. Unless your whole family died in a lifting accident and your fathers dying words were " Don't work out for two years" then you have no excuse
>>
>>35663690
Wow. Real edge here. I watched people I love die in a terrible accident, that I was apart of. Nice man.
>>
>>35663548
Try some TB500
>>
>>35664145
Seriously considering it after I googled it. Any suggested cycle to go along with it? Would be babies first cycle of anything. I know it's not completely anabolic, but still.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.