[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to go Edward Norton mode with just a 45lbs plate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ed-norton-american-history-x.jpg (111 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ed-norton-american-history-x.jpg
111 KB, 800x450
Is it possible to go Edward Norton mode with just a 45lbs plate as equipment?
>>
If you do enough of the movements and eat properly you'd prolly be fine.
>>
>>35461528
no
>>35461572
this is a DYEL who shouldn't be giving advice.
ignore him

you need progression to make gains.

linear progression as a novice, then progressive overload when those gains run out.

that being said, you can do more than nothing...
so if it is between nothing and a 45lb plate, use the plate.

but ideally get your hands on a gym membership, or some oly dumbbells and more weights or... something.

so many options.

you want to be able to progress in weight every time you work out.
>>
>>35461572
What are the most useful exercises with a plate? I'm guessing front raises and around-the-worlds?
>>
>>35461640
Not the other dude, but this guy is wrong. This physique is very easily achievable if your genetics aren't complete shit.
>>
File: rep range table.png (92 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
rep range table.png
92 KB, 1008x1008
>>35461640
now, for emergency purposes, you CAN progress without adding weight, just by adding more volume (i.e. sets and reps)

the problem with this, is that eventually it will take 3 hours just to make any gains (more setsxreps = more time spent working out), and that at a certain point, your training will no longer be building strength, but instead be building muscular endurance..

...which is fine, if you don't care about strength... but you will forever be a weak little bitch who has to workout 3 hours a goddamn day.

also there could arguably be a certain point where the aerobic nature of endurance could really reduce gains by elevating cortisol (essentially treating baby-weight lifting as cardio instead of resistance training)
>>
>>35461674
>This physique is very easily achievable if your genetics aren't complete shit
correct.

however you will need more than a 45lb weight to achieve it.

>>35461663
russian twists are good for core.

i can't think of a single upper body exercise that it would be decent for...

hang it off your body and do pull ups for mad back gains.

enjoy your no-chest
>>
>>35461707
>i can't think of a single upper body exercise that it would be decent for...
How about one-armed stuff? I could progress working up to that?
>>
>>35461640
never give advice again
>>
>>35461731
i am not overly familiar with unilateral exercises, but most of the ones i can think of off-hand would require some base-strength.

i don't see how you can progress from 0lb to 45lb with no in-between.

that is quite a large jump, mang

also, just because i can't think of a good upper body exercise, doesn't mean one doesn't exist... it just means i am spoiled by OHP and Bench

i guess find a way to affix the weight to yourself and do bodyweight shit like advanced push ups?
>>
>>35461773
>i guess find a way to affix the weight to yourself and do bodyweight shit like advanced push ups?
That's a good idea, I'm guessing you'd be a big guy 4 u if you can do a couple of sets of 25 reps of pushups with a 45lbs plate on your back, right?
>>
>>35461752
literally why?
you think you can make gains without progression?

>>35461792
25 reps is too much.

you want to be aiming for 4-8 reps

if you can do more, move to a more challenging push up variation.

elevate your feet. try doing archer push ups.
try doing one-handed push ups.
try doing deficit handstand push ups, for mad shoulder gains

there are lots of other variations too..
>>
>>35461815
Those are good ideas, I'll look into pushup variations for intensity and then supplement that with the 45lbs plate work for mad volume.
>>
>>35461815
>you think you can make gains without progression?
you think progression can only be made by adding weight, which shows your knowledge is very limited
>>
>>35461528
You shouldn't even need weights to look like this. If you aren't genetically born with a DYEL body like this you're just a waste of human skin.
>>
>>35461528
a 45 lb plate? like a barbell plate? that's all you have?
you should sell it and save up for actual equipment brah, you're not going to get anywhere with that.
>>
>>35462001
I have enough money to buy more. The real problem here is space, and that all the gyms nearby only have machines and a smith machine.
>>
>>35462071
get two 45 lb dumbbells and a door hang pull up bar. fill a backpack with sandbags. do weighted pushups and weighted pullups.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.