[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
boxing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Tim-Bradley.jpg (252 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Tim-Bradley.jpg
252 KB, 1500x1500
people are telling me not to run much whilst bodybuilding because it kills gains. why are boxers so muscular and ripped then? as well as being functional they have a better physique than 90% of the dudes i see in the gym.
i know they do mad hiit but these dudes are running 8 miles a day average.
>>
Don't do cardio and you end up dead in a sauna like Zyzz.

one or two 30 minute sessions a week is enough
>>
>>35655551
They do sports for a living so imo It's a bad idea to refer to them.
Also they probably are on some kind of gear so again.
I might be wrong but anyways, cardio has always be a good thing for my gains and me.
Just quit drinking and stop worrying about this cardio thing
>>
>>35655551
Boxers cut a lot of weight for a fight.
They don't look like that all the time
>>
>>35655551
>The piss bottle in the back
>>
they're not huge just defined
>>
>>35655621
>>35655642
^This

Also, Timothy Bradley is one of the few boxers who have a BB-worthy physique, most of them are skinny as hell from trying to cut weight.

Definitely love boxing on my off-days as well, but for me it's damn near impossible to do both at a high level. I can either put all my focus on the gym or boxing, not both at the same time. (college, parttime job and social life stand in the way).

I work out 4 days a week + 1 or 2 days of boxing.
>>
Lol most boxers are shredded but there are plenty of fitizens who can out lift them

Fuck Mayweather is 5'4 150 lbs dude is manlet as fuck.
>>
File: ottermode.jpg (140 KB, 968x1453) Image search: [Google]
ottermode.jpg
140 KB, 968x1453
>>35655551
>they have a better physique than 90% of the dudes i see in the gym.
Because they're pros.
Your average gymbro looks better than your average boxerbro, just like Zyzz looks better than [insert pro boxer here]

Even high level swimmers looks better than your 'average' gymbro, but their physique is achievable in <1 year by lifting. Pic related

tl;dr average=/=professional
>>
>>35655551
the running thing is up for grabs. A lot of times its used by boxers to lose those extra few pounds. Most of them are ripped from all the actual boxing and jump roping to burn body fat. Running long distance is a low impact way for them to keep the weight down, thats why most wear sweatsuits while they run to also shed water weight.
>>
>>35657706

And he is also pillow fisted. Guy can't punch for shit
>>
>>35657766
But they can lift you up after knocking you out
>>
File: 1450672880742.jpg (11 KB, 223x255) Image search: [Google]
1450672880742.jpg
11 KB, 223x255
>>35655551
holy bicep to tricep ratio
>>
>>35655551
Compare the average boxer to the elite level. Most have bad aesthetics. Its another case of genetics being king.
>>
>>35655551
1. "Cardio kills gains" is just a /fit/ meme. Cardio has been proven to IMPROVE muscle development, unless of course you are a marathon runner
2. Boxers take PED's just like the top athletes in every other sport do, this allows them to maintain high levels of fitness without losing strength
>>
>>35655742

AJ is bigger than everyone in this thread, scrap that, everyone on this board.
>>
>>35655551
Be sure they take steroids

Go to multiple boxing gyms
You won't find anyone who looks like your pros who just boxes
>>
>>35658610
Wtf is wrong with him
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.