[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I finished reading the sticky and have a problem. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
So, I finished reading the sticky and have a problem. I've been going to the gym 2-3 times a week for the last few months, doing around 50 minutes of moderate cardio each time. According to the guide, I should also be doing weight-lifting to burn more calories.
Here's the thing: I don't want to gain muscle. I know it sounds weird, but I feel like I'm the only person who is horrified at the idea of building muscle.

TLDR: So, I guess my question is: Is there a way to do lifting so I can burn fat and be guaranteed to not build muscle? This would go a long way towards motivating me to try.
Of course, then I have to stop being self-concious, but that's a story for another day.
>>
jfc /fit/ is going to give me an aneurysm
>>
shoo shoo
back to /fa/ with you
>>
u crazy man
>>
>>35653839
just inject some test and build some muscle bro
>>
>>35653839
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>35653839
Do you know what tldr means?
>>
u think ur so much better than us
fuck u
>>
>>35654025
Believe it or not, I really don't. Was just looking for advice. :/
>>
If you dont want to build muscle or get stronger then dont lift
>>
>>35653839
Are you female? I'm pretty sure this is a female post from someone who is smart enough to know not to identify themselves as female while starting a thread. Nonetheless, resistance training in a deficit isn't going to build muscle unless you're really fat. You gotta eat big to get big, if you're eating too few calories, you won't build muscle. Weight lifting in a deficit will, however, help you retain muscle as you lose weight. If you want to look good at your goal weight and not a flabby skinnyfat mess, it's in your best interest to retain as much muscle as possible and lose as much fat as possible.

Just read the sticky. Or open a book. After seeing how much effort it takes to actually build muscle, it's almost offensive to see ignorant retards thinking that picking up a barbell is instantly going to turn them into Arnold.
>>
lmao ur a faggot
>>
>>35653839
No.
>>
>>35653839
Go for the legpress and other leg exercises. Legs burn the most calories since they're the biggest muscle group. If you go for high reps and low weight you'll burn a lot without gaining too mich muscle.
>>
>>35654489
>high reps and low weight
good troll. this is what bodybuilders do.
>>
>>35653839
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>35654546
So, is the rest true? Would high weight and low reps be better?
>>
>>35654667
many of the reasons why lifting helps you burn more kcal are related to muscle building.

muscle requires a lot of energy to maintain even without doing anything at all, which is why your body gets rid of them if you don't need them.

dont be stupid,build a bit of muscle and stop thinking youre going to get big in kcal deficit (obviously).
>>
You won't get big if you're not trying. Building muscle isn't some accidental thing, shit dude.

People actively try to get big for literally years and usually see only modest results. If you just do some squats and jog every few days, you won't see shit happen.
>>
>>35654047
Wait a second, are you afraid of getting stronger or are you afraid of hypertrophy (big muscles). If it's the latter, do low weight at high reps and tons of cardio, you'll get stronger as you build muscle fiber density, eventually your strength will level off, and you can run like sonic the hedgehog. After that, the appearance of muscles is entirely dependent on your bodyfat. Do as much cardio as you can tolerate eating. I like to eat like a fat fuck so I do about an hour of cardio and an hour of lifting six days a week. My lifts go up, and I eat like 3500-4000kcal but I don't really get hypertrophy gains.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.