[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you even work out if your strength is totally SHIT from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg (16 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg
16 KB, 230x300
How do you even work out if your strength is totally SHIT from the begining
For instance I have no muscles at all in my arms, I have a 20lbs dumbell and I struggle to do 1 REP with it, because it's too heavy

what do?
>>
use a 5 pound dumbbell? go to a gym that offers 5 pound dumbbells?
>>
>>35650234
how about bodyweight training? push ups, planks, reverse pull ups, dips. go search for a decent bodyweight routine and do it till you gain some muscle.
>>
>>35650234
Get lighter dumbbells
Lift those
Eat proteins
Lift more
Go on to heavier dumbbells

Repeat until curlbro mode
>>
what the fuck man, isn't 20 lbs supposed to be heavy already?
>>
>>35650318
no
>>
>>35650318
i could do 8x4 of 25 pounds easily when i was 15, so no.
>>
File: 1393018895799.jpg (22 KB, 309x346) Image search: [Google]
1393018895799.jpg
22 KB, 309x346
OP here
that may seem dumb but how weak can you fall when you don't mobilize your arms at all for years?
Like, I've always been good at endurance shit and some sports but I feel like I've never had any strenght at all in my arms...
Is it normal to be that low when you don't use your arms or could there be something else going on ? Even as a kid I was always weak as fuck
>>
I've seen guys at gym who can't even lift the bar. It happens OP, some people are genetically weak whereas others are stronger in the beginning.

But it is what it is, don't let it stop you. You and and you will improve. Just workout and EAT.

GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG COME ON
>>
so guys how long do you think it'd take to go from weakling no strenght to average DYEL guy strength?
>>
>>35650567
don't worry, just eat more and lift with lighter dumbbells and eventually you'll progress
>>
My 5'2" 110 lbs fiancee could bench 55 lbs and squat 70 lbs without much practice. Granted, she's probably got less range of motion to do them in and bikes daily, but still, the fuck, man? You should be able to start with the 45 bar and work up from there within a couple weeks. Get a spotter if you can't.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.