[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is jiu-jitsu /fit/ approved? How many of you train? What benefits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 800x640
Is jiu-jitsu /fit/ approved?
How many of you train?

What benefits does it have for lifting?
>>
>>35647239
It doesn't have benefits for lifting, but you'll be a lot happier if you think of it the other way around, with making sure your lifting benefits your Jiu-Jitsu. All the guys having "tfw I can't lift as much as my idol" and body dismorphia are that way because they train in service of something that's basically quantitative. Training for something more sophisticated like BJJ is a much healthier and ultimately more fulfilling journey.
>>
Been training for a year now. Pretty much no benefit to lifting. You might get a stronger grip and have better mobility but that can be achieved without spending $100+ a month just to learn jiujitsu.
>>
Nothing is /fit/ approved.
Been training since I was 17 (26 now). It has no benefits for lifting as it's mostly cardio. The opposite is true though: lifting will help you a lot in gaining more strength so you can apply the techniques more easily. In fact if you don't lift, you will probably get rekt anytime you compete at a level above white belt.
>>
\fit\ thinks jj looks homoerotic but if you can get past being extremely close with another man, then its a glorious system for defense. pair it with boxing or maybe kickboxing and you can confidently say you can properly manhandle everyone in the room.

jj has zero benefits towards lifting. lifting however will benefit jj. been training for 9 years now
>>
>>35647477
what belt are you?
>>
>>35647589
purple buts in my defense its my second gym
>>
>>35647697
cool, you compete?
you know you go to a legit gym because you aren't getting a new belt each year. Good job m8.
>>
File: rickson.jpg (72 KB, 760x405) Image search: [Google]
rickson.jpg
72 KB, 760x405
>>35647239
i been doing it at a club in my university for the last year, but its mostly just a bunch of wrestlers who know subs. It doesnt really benefit lifting but is great for cardio and mobility. after an hour of rolling i can get my legs behind my head. I want to eventually go to a legit school and compete in no gi.
>>
>>35647723
not yet. i think im good but not good enough. ill wait till i get to the next level in my training. i compete in amateur boxing for now. wbu senpai?
>>
>>35647850
Got my brown belt in december, i compete as often as I can, which isn't that much, 2 tournaments a year at most. I really wanna get into boxing, unfortunately I have no time.
>>
>>35647884
is your dojo small?

you really should take up boxing if you can. only pro mma fighters can compete with me when it comes to freestyle sparring. i still get washed by blackbelts when it comes to formal training tho lol
>>
>>35648020
Nah it's pretty big actually, Nova Uniao Hudson. Hopefully I'll free some time in my schedule this year and start boxing or muay thai.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.