[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TEXAS METHOD Is anyone doing this? How is it? Do you see size
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: AE11.jpg (105 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
AE11.jpg
105 KB, 640x640
TEXAS
METHOD

Is anyone doing this?
How is it?
Do you see size and strength gains pretty quickly?
>>
File: mmmm.jpg (89 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
mmmm.jpg
89 KB, 1080x1080
>>
File: mynegai.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
mynegai.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>35643902
Yes indeed, mister. I've been seeing noticable gains comin' up through my system.

I strictly and firmly believe that it is most effective when used in conjunction with COPAD (Canister of Propane Per Day) from only the best sellers available in your town.
>>
>>35643935
Thanks Bobby
>>
>>35643920
woah

definition of thick solid & tight
>>
It's pretty good, get a copy of practical programming for strength training and learn how to tweak it yourself or use whatever template you want. Keep in mind it's a strength based program, but as an intermediate lifter you will be doing more volume which equals more size
>>
I like TM but I really want to add size first and foremost. Is there a routine that I could do besides TM for this? I have a home gym that only has a barbell, dumbbells, and a flat bench with a power rack. Any routine that would fit this set up?
>>
File: 1440730508960.jpg (92 KB, 701x566) Image search: [Google]
1440730508960.jpg
92 KB, 701x566
>one set of DL a week
>>
File: give it all to me.jpg (29 KB, 240x286) Image search: [Google]
give it all to me.jpg
29 KB, 240x286
>>35643902
Cute muscle girls wearing headphones is my fetish, by the way.

I insist you post any further photos you may have in this area. This is a serious matter.
>>
I have done Texas method. Its pretty good if you read and know how to adjust the programming. Its not great for mass and also not enough volume in general past a certain point.
>>
>>35646863
What would you recommend instead?
>>
I did it right after SS as an early intermediate. I'm currently doing 5/3/1 which is 100x less taxing. If both work, I'm not sure why anyone would do TM.
>>
>>35643902
i did it and i hated it & didn't get much results. i switched to working away from 5rms and made a lot better progress
>>
>>35646935
>I'm currently doing 5/3/1 which is 100x less taxing. If both work, I'm not sure why anyone would do TM.
it's actually 25% less taxing, and people do TM because it theoretically offers 4x more progress. 5/3/1 operates on a month long cycle and TM operates on a week long cycle
>>
>>35647324
*25% as taxing
>>
>>35647324

The length of cycles a program operating on has nothing to do with the gains involved.
>>
>>35647341
Oh, then why isn't everyone block perodizing on an annual schedule?
>>
>>35647341
you should read starting strength
>>
>>35647353

Because they don't need to.

People just don't understand how 5/3/1 works. If you're able to gain strength faster than the regulation 2.5/month, you will. Your training max only goes up by that, but your actual strength gains are better deduced by looking at performance on the AMRAP sets. If both the weight and reps have gone up - which they typically do with less experienced lifters - then they've certainly gotten more than 2.5lbs on their max in that timeframe.
>>
>>35645392
its ABA/BAB
you either once or twice
madcow 5x5 is once a week DL which is gay
>>
File: holyfuck.jpg (103 KB, 654x422) Image search: [Google]
holyfuck.jpg
103 KB, 654x422
I started my first TM cycle after my first powerlifting meet in September to train for my second in February. I previously had 10 months of of progress on SS. I'll answer anyone's questions about TM for awhile, ask away.

Here's my progress:
September
Squat 3x5 385
Bench Press 3x5 235
Deadlift 1x5 390

January
Squat 2x3 455
Bench Press 5x1 315
Deadlift 1x3 475

>inb4 terrible deadlifter
I know
>>
File: m04luwJBDs1r44178o2_500.jpg (45 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
m04luwJBDs1r44178o2_500.jpg
45 KB, 480x720
>>35645385
Figuring out the stages of what happens to your muscles, how it feels, and when to stop. Simultaneously, you have to know what the signals are for protein depletion, where you're nitrogen bath is ending -- it can feel cold (end of thermogenic effects) or "sweated out" or just empty. Stay up on protein (before and after lifting * however much per the original point), and take a half a multivitamin 2-4x throughout (including enough vitamin K, "real" vitamin C -- which is potentially not bioavailable through powder, and a source of iodine if the multi has none.. like milk).

You get to lift as much as you like, but starter lifts should *come* as such. The point, though, is low rep, high weight. The 3 best exercises for mass are power cleans, pullups, and squats. Pick a weight -- 100 lbs., for example -- and get your main muscle groups there. Figure out inherent motions, like punching, and 1-3 rep max.

Stretching increases muscle mass potential by expanding the fascia, increasing circulation, and reducing stress signalling.

Enjoy.
>>
Looking to start Texas method soon.
Here's my intended routine:

Volume day
Squat 5x5
OHP//Bench (alternating)5x5
Halting Deadlift//Rack pull (alternating) 3x5
Rows 3x5

Recovery Day
Squat 2x5 (80% 5RM)
Power clean 3x5
OHP//Bench (alternating) 3x5
Weighted hyper-extension 3x10

Intensity day
Squat 5RM
OHP//Bench (alternating) 5RM
Deadlift 3RM
Chins 3x5
Bicep & tricep work 3x10

-Bench and OHP alternate like most TM (Bench volume, OHP recovery, Bench max etc then reverse)
-Compartmentalized the deadlift volume using rackpulls and halting deadlifts in alternating fashion.
Anyone else tried this?
-Where should I put arms?
-I won't always have access to a hyperextension machine, can I do RDLS instead?
Any other advice is much appreciated anons
>>
>>35648093
I would also stay up on calcium and magnesium, and zinc.
>>
>>35648096
You've got Recovery Day at 80% of your 5RM, but it should really be 80% of what you did on Monday. Instead of Weighted Hypers, you could sub Glute Ham Raises if you want to work your back in a less stressful way. Remember, Recovery Day is not supposed to contribute training stress to the week.

If you haven't bought the Practical Programming book, you should. You'll have more questions with TM as you go.
>>
Did TM for a month. My version had less OHP and more benching.

At the start my squat was 245, DL 295, and bench 175

After the end of the month
315 Squat
345 Deadlift
195 Bench (I'm a bad bencher)
>>
File: goodjob.jpg (26 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
goodjob.jpg
26 KB, 500x366
>>35648163
>70 pound squat increase in a month, on a program that adds weight each week.

You're also bad at e-statting
>>
>>35643902

Fantastic program, leaps and bounds better for general strength and conditioning than Madcow (a la the poor man's texas method.)
>>
ITT: A bunch of retards who don't know what TM is

If you want a legit TM routine, go take a look at those trappy writes on the routine threads.

>>35643902

Routines are not magic.
>>
>>35647877
>its ABA/BAB
>you either once or twice

No it's not. Your entire post is dildo's.
>>
>>35648147
Much appreciated. I'll make those changes.
Should I leave the rows, chins and arm work as it currently is? I added the back work for some pulling volume, but the majority of TM routines seem to have less back volume.
>>
>>35648175
Those are my 1MRs not 5RMs. Also should be noted that I switched out from high bar to low bar at the start of my month.
>>
>>35648204
Are you really only doing 3 sets of 5 reps of chinups? You could definitely do to do more chinups if that's the case. If you can only do 5, try a ladder progression for awhile. Do 1 chinup, wait 30 seconds, do 2 chinups, wait 30 seconds, do 3 chinups, etc. I raised my chins from around 4 to around 11 this way.

Your Volume Day might run long with rows there (2.5 hours or more). You could put them on Recovery Day if you care about time, but otherwise, your plan looks fine.
>>
>>35648252
Sorry, they're weighted. Just progressively adding weight, body weight + 12.5kg for 3x5 at the moment.
>>
post pics of your physique.
>>
>>35648199
youre dildos
i swear tm was bab/aba like ss
i may be wrong. iirc it had you doing differing rep/set schem m, w and f so progression would be weird if it was bab/aba
>>
>>35648486
>i may be wrong. iirc it had you doing differing rep/set schem m, w and f so progression would be weird if it was bab/aba

Thanks for confirming you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: geralt yennefer selfie.jpg (147 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
geralt yennefer selfie.jpg
147 KB, 960x960
Who here /4dayTM/ masterrace?
>>
>>35648648
shutupniger
youre wrong
there are heaps of templates for tm that can have you pulling twice a week.
>>
>>35648745

There are so many templates of TM you can basically say anything and get away with it.

The stock version is not A/B with deadlifts and you have wed/fri to recover.

Personally because I go to a shit gym I'm going to be deadlifting mon/fri instead of cleaning. on the fridays.
>>
>>35648757

There's no "stock version". TM is literally a template.
>>
>>35648767

Rip's version then.
>>
>>35648797

There's no single Rip version anon.

But I'm just being pedantic, I know what you're talking about.
>>
>>35648757
kden
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.