[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really good to just do DL,squat,OHP,rows and bench?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1440876541162.jpg (31 KB, 593x386) Image search: [Google]
1440876541162.jpg
31 KB, 593x386
Is it really good to just do DL,squat,OHP,rows and bench?
>>
if youw want to look like shit and expedite your trip to snap city, sure
>>
>>35640873
Why? Why wouldn't just those 5 exercises give me a good looking body paired with strength?
>>
>>35640892
You need direct arm work.

But other then that, those five compounds are god-tier.

Fucks just try to overcomplicate everything.

Maybe throw chinups in to really have a perfect balance of pushing and pulling.
>>
>>35640830
I wouldn't say it's "really good" but those should be the foundation of your workouts.
>>
>>35640892
Add curls or skull crushers more pulling breh
>>
>>35641123
Why curls, when bench and rows activate your biceps?
>>
Bro, just do the 5x5 Stronglifts program, with Chinups, Barbell Curls, Skullcrushers, Dips, Planks and Hanging Knee raises as assistance exercises.
>>
>>35641205
And you'll stay for over 2hours in the gym
>>
dude ignore the trolls

it's seriously all you need

just be sure to follow a powerlifting plan, bulk and you're set

it's what i did, gained around 5kg of muscle.
>>
>>35641237

should have mentioned 5kg in a year
>>
>>35641222
>not staying at least 8 hours at the gym
found the human
>>
>>35641237
5kg of muscle, 20kg of fat and a stronger nervous system. Congrats
>>
>>35641830
>Not wanting a stronger CNS
>>
>>35640830

Yes, that would probably be fine. I also do pull-ups and dips, but that's probably all you need.

Squats and DL hit your quads, hammies, glutes, calves, and lower back. DL and rows hit your back, shoulders, forearms, and bis. OHP and bench hit your chest, shoulders and tris.
>>
File: Tyson-Fury.jpg (454 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Tyson-Fury.jpg
454 KB, 2048x1536
>>35640830
squat, deadlift, bench, ohp, power clean, pull up, dips

rows are a reddit meme

eat & sleep monstrously
>>
>>35640830
you should do pull ups too
>>
If you're new, you're not smart enough to come up with your own routines. Just copy someone else's that makes sense.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/
>>
>>35640830

chins and dips are great compound movements that build muscle in some of the most important areas for aesthetics, such as the arms, chest, and lats. doing these and eventually adding weight to them had a more pronounced affect on how my body looked then the other five, not to say that bench, ohp, rows, deads, and squats arent extremely important. I got to the point where I could bench 1.5x my BW and I still had no chest, but weighted dips developed my chest to an acceptable level in a few months

>>35644130
you can probably exclude rows if youre hitting deads and weighted chins hard, but excluding rows is about as stupid and pointless and as excluding bench
>>
>>35641160
>bench
>biceps
are you retarded?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.