[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batch cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: batch-cooking1.jpg (103 KB, 500x311) Image search: [Google]
batch-cooking1.jpg
103 KB, 500x311
I want to start cooking my lunch for all the week and freeze it, then microwave it every day. Any good recipes that can be frozen and heated and doesn't taste like sit after?
>>
Error code: 72

Unrecognizable word 'sit' in sentence 'Any good recipes that can be frozen and heated and doesn't taste like sit after?'.

Error occured in analytics engine `engines/analytics/word-mauler.h` at line 3,072.

A more detailed log of this error has been recorded at `logs/2016-01-16t12:00:00.4chan.fitness.log`.
>>
File: 1452894266390.jpg (19 KB, 178x209) Image search: [Google]
1452894266390.jpg
19 KB, 178x209
>>35640520

https://www.youtube.com/user/fitmencook/videos
>>
>>35640594
shut up, reddit.
>>
man its a decent idea at first

but man let me tell you 3 weeks the monotony will start to drive you mad
>>
I make mass amounts of beans and rice
Use Alton Brown's rexipe, dole out servings and add 2 cups frozen veg to each serving
>>
>>35640520
Chili, Moussaka, homemade burgers, any type of stew.
>>
>>35640657
Me too, but just enough for 5 meals, have a small rice cooker.
>>
>>35640594
Maximus autismo
>>
>>35640657

do you have a link to the recipe? I cant find it
>>
>>35640641
Confirmed for never going to make it.

Been eating the same chicken/black bean/broccoli combo for lunch the past 2 years. Suck it up dood.
>>
>>35642011
kek
>>
I just started this the other day. I have some sugar-free teriyaki so I marinated some chicken in it, and then baked some brussels sprouts with an olive oil/lemon juice/salt mix. It turned out pretty good.

I also did some salmon fillets, but when I reheated them they came out pretty dry. Any suggestions on some sort of glaze/sauce I can freeze with salmon?
>>
>>35642800
Apple
Cider Vinegar
Mustard
Olive Oil
Herbs
Shallot or Onion

Blend it all together for a sweet and tangy glaze.
>>
Some other anon posted this a few days ago, I think I'm gonna try it:

http://www.cookingcomically.com/?page_id=910
>>
If you are worried about freezing you could just cook twice a week like I do. I make batches on Sunday and Wednesday and that's it. Since you won't have to freeze you don't have to worry about the texture changing. Been doing it since I started my weight loss a few months ago, it's really nice since one of my big issues was if I was too tired (lazy) to cook I would just order in.
>>
>>35642011
how bik ar u?
>>
>>35640520

I used to batch cook entire meals but this is my advice to you.

I now batch cook unseasoned chicken in a crock pot, shred it, and then freeze it. The reason I do not do anything to it is because I'll get bored as fuck with it after 3 days of BBQ chicken, teriyaki chicken, etc. I now just add salsa, BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, etc. after the fact so I have some variety.

Just YouTube "crockpot chicken," it's basically just chicken on low for 8 hours and then separating with forks. I just made some and it gave me 6 meals of 123g protein.
>>
Stole this off a myfitnesspal post. I don't recommend anyone else ever go through the hellhole of perma nyrs on their forum, but the recipe is:

2 cp rice
2 cp vegetable broth (or chicken or beef, or whatever stock you want)
1 lb. ground meat
2 Tbsp garlic
1 large onion
1 bell pepper
4 cups salsa (I just use 2 jars of newman's own salsa)
2 cans (12 oz) of corn
1 Tbsp chili powder
Black pepper and salt to taste.

Use the stock instead of water in the rice and prepare it as normal in a rice cooker or pot or whatever your means of making rice is.

While that's going, take a pound of ground meat, I prefer turkey, and brown it over medium-high heat. Chop up the onion and bell pepper, add to the meat. I suggest also throwing in some seasoning like salt/pepper/cayenne pepper on the turkey since it's natural flavor is rather bland.

Once the meat is brown, the onions translucent, and the peppers soft, add in the rest of the ingredients, except the rice, and mix it all up into a slurry of goodness. Once it's together, turn down the temperature a bit and wait for the rice to finish.

Once the rice is finished, fold it into the mix, and let the whole thing simmer for a few minutes (5-10) depending on how much moisture is in there and how much you want in the finished product.

Remove it from heat and let cool to room temperature, throw it into containers and refrigerate it for up to a week.

I usually split it into six meals, which are about 550 - 600 cals per serving.
>>
>>35644172
Fuck the broth bro that shit sounds salty af. Sounds good otherwise.
>>
Look up "protein chef" on YouTube. Guy has good recipes and videos showing u how to make everything
>>
Are spaghetti and pasta in general good? I suppose there're lot of saccharides.
>>
>>35640692
F A M
A
M

Moussaka is GOAT
>>
>>35642011
*tips*
>>
>>35640520
I had a problem of not knowing what to have for lunch. Started doing this and its working okay.

Make Au jus sauce for the week.
http://www.mamalovesfood.com/2012/01/easy-au-jus-how-to-make-simple-au-jus.html
Save meat from last nights dinner.
Make it into a sandwich with whole wheat bread.
Dip sandwich in delicious sauce.
>>
What does /fit/ do to make rice fluffy and soft again when they re-heat frozen stuff? Every time I make rice then reheat it again a few days later it's harder and less fluffy.
>>
>>35640641
Listen to this man: >>35642011

I eat the exact same things every day. Just increase the amounts when bulking and decrease when cutting.

The more you wean yourself of "tasty food" the less you will miss it and the less the risk you fall into gluttony.
>>
>>35640641
lol fag

been eating the same meals every day for a year

get good
>>
I have a couple of slow cookers and usually make a few batches of different meals with rice like beef and red wine casserole, homestyle chicken, etc.

Just go into your local supermarket and look for recipe bases.
>>
>>35640692
bob chorba s zelen fasul shefe
>>
>>35644284
Just get whole grain pasta and you're fine.

The only ingredients should be wheat and maybe salt.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.