[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Squatting low-bar final set for PR >Gym PT unexpectedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: pajamakid.jpg (57 KB, 552x577) Image search: [Google]
pajamakid.jpg
57 KB, 552x577
>Squatting low-bar final set for PR
>Gym PT unexpectedly "spots" me at the bottom of the squat saying "you need to look straight up when squatting"
>Proceeds to assist by carrying the bar basically wasting the set
>I'm not autistic so I humor him and chat a bit after workout
>Proceeds to tell me about people correcting him about certain workouts then says it doesn't make sense because he's the one that studied "Sports Science" and they didn't
>MFW

Fuck these know-it-all PTs

I guess a gym stories thread
>>
File: Ween-ChocolateandCheese.jpg (46 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
Ween-ChocolateandCheese.jpg
46 KB, 400x398
>>35625255
I will only take what a PT says seriously when:
1) they are bigger than me
2) they are stronger than me
3) the people they train are both 1 & 2
4) pigs fucking fly
>>
>>35625255
are you really supposed to look up when squatting tho ?
>>
>>35625448

No. Keep your spine neutral and head aligned.

High bar you'll look straight ahead, low bar your eyeline might dip slightly, but you should never look to the ceiling.
>>
>>35625448
Low bar squat fuckin no.

Also.

>Doing deadlifts
>Tells me to lower my hip positioning cause "deadlifts are just like squats and front squats"
>Tells me "dont do half squat"
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 900x900
>doing 1/4 front squat and hold
>PT tells me to go all the way down to just above parallel
>ignore him
>finish my sets
>next exercise on program is full front squats
>hfw i squat until my nuts hit the floor
>>
File: nigga u wot.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nigga u wot.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
> gf squatting lowbar
> on three separate occasions, PTs have come over to 'correct her form'
> show her highbar
> "but I'm doing lowbar"
> "what's that"
>>
>>35625698

They're right, she should stop squatting lolbar
>>
>>35625255
>im not autistic so i don't get mad at the one who messed up my set but i'll surely bitch about it to my friends on an indonesian claymation forum
>>
File: 1444222658447.png (18 KB, 569x423) Image search: [Google]
1444222658447.png
18 KB, 569x423
>>35625698
>tfw people at my gym are well educated and respect eachother so i have no fun run ins to greentext about
>>
>>35625489
I remember when I was doing (proper) Good Mornings and some guy tried to "fix" my form to a deadlift
>>
>>35625448
Never. Some people say "look up" as a cue for people learning high bar squat, but it's moreso because people used to low bar are used to looking down, or people with shit posture tend to crane their neck.

You should look straight ahead when you squat. Low bar may require to tilt down a bit for comfort.
>>
>>35625448
I used to tell new squatters to look up for balance reasons. When they look straight, they tend to bend their back or start tipping forward.
>>
>>35625418
thats a good album breh
>>
>>35626736
What? How could he possibly mistake a good morning for a dedlift? Having the bar on your shoulders alone should be a decent hint you're not deadlifting
>>
>>35625255
tell him to fuck off you melon
>>
>train at strongman gym
>people actually laugh and joke with each other
>from day 1 people complimented me on my squat form and giving useful tips
>no annoying PTs, only 'trainer' is the bloke who does events sessions before competitions and is really sound
I love my gym
>>
I did a few sessions with a PT (a former competitive power lifter) who told me the exact opposite - that you should actually look slightly down when you squat.

At my gym, half of the racks face a mirror, and he would actually get me not use those, just so that I wouldn't be tempted to look straight ahead at myself in the mirror.
>>
File: 1451812668253.gif (454 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451812668253.gif
454 KB, 500x500
>Tfw my personal trainer was a bro and actually taught me good form.
>Tfw my personal trainer only trains people because he enjoys seeing people progress and is sick of people getting wrong information.
>Tfw my personal trainer still gave me advice and worked out with me even though I didn't have any sessions with him.
>Tfw I stopped paying for a personal trainer weeks ago but he still insists he sees me through until I hit my goal even if I don't have the money to hire him anymore.
I was sceptical about using a pt at the beginning but it seems to be one of my better choices in life. I've made a legit gym bro now who I hang out with on weekends and pick up chicks with.
Also if I didn't enjoy vagina so much I would probably say I'm gay for him but I know that's not the case. I'm also secure enough with my sexuality to go see him strip when he had shows and what not, easiest way to get pussy ever.
>>
>>35626627
Was new to gym so I just wanted to humor him. Won't happen again.
>>
>>35627661
Livin the life anon, nice
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.