[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw HIIT on bike >tfw legs give out before lungs hurt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: kCFEp0J.jpg (139 KB, 563x769) Image search: [Google]
kCFEp0J.jpg
139 KB, 563x769
>tfw HIIT on bike
>tfw legs give out before lungs hurt

How do I fix this, /fit/? Gl

Bike general, I guess.
>>
Stop hitting your bike
>>
>HIIT on bike
Are you.....bicexual anon?
>>
>>35607225
you run
>>
>>35607471
Not OP, but I have turf toe and can't run or use an eliptical. I was thinking of starting some HIIT on a bike.

As for legs giving out first, I would assume you make sure you're on a flat area with a good bike geared right. If your legs are giving out too fast, then get more experience on a bike and your legs will adapt. Either way you're getting a great workout.
>>
>>35607466
10/10
>>
>>35607466
So did your brain come up with this instantly or did it take a sec?
>>
File: 1441332813669.jpg (145 KB, 457x637) Image search: [Google]
1441332813669.jpg
145 KB, 457x637
Reminder that you can achieve this body only though biking.
>>
>>35607225
>attempting anaerobic intervals before you've established a solid aerobic base
Never going to make it on a bike that way.

Your legs give out because you just don't have the muscular endurance to support it. You have to start with basic aerobic endurance, then move on to longer and longer Tempo rides for several weeks, then Threshold rides once or twice a week, then, assuming you built enough recovery time into the schedule, you might be ready for anaerobic intervals. You have to grow more mitochondria in your muscle fibers, and more blood vessels and capillaries to feed your muscles, so they get the oxygenated blood they need to support anaerobic activity. Then you start out with 3-6 minute long intervals at just above what is otherwise sustainable for 10-40 minutes, and after a month of that, you can start doing all-out 30-second sprints. But what you can't do is just bypass all the groundwork and go straight to the highest level of power output and not expect to bonk.
>>
>>35609075
>wanting to be that small

Thank christ both of cycles are broken.
>>
>>35610074
He's relaxed, but if he flexed his quads and hamstrings you'd see that they're huge in comparison to the rest of his leg. His power-to-weight ratio lifting anything with that lower body of his probably rivals, if not exceeds your own, and his muscular endurance would leave way off the back on any ride on any terrain. In other words: you don't really know what you're talking about, all you're doing is judging on appearance, not actual performance ability.
>>
>>35610033
Thanks for the input boss, more squats here I come.
>>
>>35609075
>clearly developed pecs, abs and delts
>no significant quad development

Nope. Everyone can pose with a bike though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.