[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be depressed >suddenly decide to start sleeping at 10pm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
>be depressed
>suddenly decide to start sleeping at 10pm and waking up at 5am
>mfw i'm fucking cured

gotta try it bros
>>
Enjoy being a lonely shut in now
>>
>>35587375
How long have you been doing it?
I bought some melatonin and want to try this out.
>>
>>35587375
Or... try vitamin D.
>>
Might try this.
>>
>>35588034
Fucking this.
I take two pills a day and it balanced out my heavy-ass depression (last winter, I usually couldn't even get out of bed).
Of course, different people have different sensibilities so it might not work for you, but for me it did wonders.Also, eat more meat and fuck more.
>>
7 hours isn't enough senpai
>>
>>35588366
7 is the minimum
>>
>>35588405
from what I've read, 7 and a half is, and that's already pushing it

and idk what your sleep genetics are like, but if you're anything like me and have to lie in bed for a while before you fall asleep, you have to take that into the equation as well
>>
10-6 is optimal, need to do it more often myself
>>
>>35588441
Naa m8 - i literally just turn off and die for whatever sleep i need.
The biggest thing is waking up at the end of a REM cycle, not in the middle or beginning

Here friends, i wish you many sleep gains
http://www.sleepytimer.com/
http://sleepyti.me/
>>
Get a job you NEET faggots.
>>
I switched to 10-6 and it's wonderful.

My sleep gains were massive
>>
File: 998-10.jpg (3 MB, 3761x2802) Image search: [Google]
998-10.jpg
3 MB, 3761x2802
for about six years due to night work driving several hundred miles I have been staying up til ~ 5 am and sleeping till noonish or later..

I know its bad for me . I read Jack Kruse's stuff and he's all about AM sunshine daily being the primary essential for well being.. I haven't had AM Sun exposure anything but sporadically for years..

I feel almost like there has been a physical change in my brain and I literally can't become tired even with melatonin until 4 or 5 am..

Whenever I get into bed even at 2 am I just lay there and end up going out to the couch and watching a movie..

I live in the North east US so its Winter now. I am planning a trip to Cabo San Lucas to lay in the Sun for a week and see if that helps reset my rhythm
>>
Can't find the article rn, but I read that the best way to sleep is to get up at the same time every morning, and in the evening go to bed as soon as you feel the signs of tiredness, e.g. yawning
>>
>fuffiling your dreams
>satisfying your parents by going to school/working
>getting good enough sleep to have a clear body and mind throughout the day

Is there a way to pick 3 or do I pretty much have to suffer until I /makeit/
>>
>>35587375
I have to wake up at 4am to get to work, and try to be in bed by 8 to get 8 hours sleep, but it's hard af if you want to have friends.

Only one more year of this idiocy.

I do love it though, I love the dark early mornings and the empty roads, driving by the airport and seeing those massive planes flying so close above, looking at those lights. It's quite beautiful. I don't know why I love dark mornings more than dark nights.
>>
>>35588034
>>35588322
Do you guys think it could help anxiety too? I'm 100% confident in the summer, then around January I get unbearable social anxiety and depression. Don't know why Jan since Nov and Dec are cold and dark too.
>>
>>35587375
yo real talk this is actually what i started doing a week ago and it feelsgoodman.
sleep at 9pm. lift at 5am in morning and then go to school
>>
>>35589768
yep, mood dysarrhythmia is typical of seasonal affective disorder
you're losing the nutrients that make you work properly, of course it's a good idea to replenish them! you might not need supps though, if you live away from the sun belt try getting a small UV lamp or waking up early enough to greet the sun
>>
File: comfy.jpg (38 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
38 KB, 601x601
>>35589752
>I don't know why I love dark mornings more than dark nights.

Probably because there are less people. Sounds cozy as fuck tho
>>
File: tumblr_mhogry6Jdp1qfp0dho1_500.gif (543 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhogry6Jdp1qfp0dho1_500.gif
543 KB, 500x281
>>35589836
That's true. But I feel like even though 4am is just as empty as midnight, I love it more.

>driving down the highway and seeing the red sun peek out from the horizon every morning
it's godtier bros, really makes you appreciate life. I know I sound euphoric right now, but waking up early has made me feel amazed just at the earth in general, when before I didn't even think about it.
>>
>>35589915
this
It makes you appreciate living.
>>
File: scientist_2.png (542 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
scientist_2.png
542 KB, 500x500
>>35589915
Probably a biological thing. "It's always darkest just before the dawn" is a saying for a reason. Dawn stands for a new day, new beginnings, new opportunities, etc. Your brain also gets flooded by chemicals to wake up and stuff, that probably does make you feel awesome.

There really is something amazing and magical about a sunrise.
>>
>>35587375
Getting up early and sleeping early is allright. I wake up at 4:30am erry morning and go to bed between 21:00 & 22:00, don't need any more. Some people need more sleep some need less, there's only an average, not a standard.

Also, vitamin D rocks as people say. I also take vitamin B12 and Zinc, keeps me leveled
>>
I sleep 4-6hrs a day and im fine. Ive suffered from depression my whole life.

The secret? Dont take any rx, they all made me more suicidal and depressed than i was to begin with, unless youre incredibly unbalanced. No ammount of Sleep will cure that.

Smoke weed. Love life. Be happy.
>>
>tfw sleep minimun 11 hours a night
>tfw tired all the time

I sleep way too much, but if I am waking up early every day (6AM when I had a job) I need about 9 hours. Now I'm just doing nothing in particular, being depressed and failing my studies

Sometimes I take melatonin but I don't want to take it every night. Besides, it makes it harder for me to wake up. Waking up if you have nothing to do or nowhere to be is really hard for me. Unless the phone or doorbell rings, I just stay in bed. But waking up for work is easy as shit.
>>
File: 1309525604436.jpg (28 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
1309525604436.jpg
28 KB, 400x330
>mfw going to sleep at 10am
>mfw waking up at 6pm
>mfw rockin hobocore

I couldn't get any more comfy desu lads
>>
>>35587375
Fuck, 7 hours, I can't do that, need at least 8.5. 10-6:30 might work for me. Most of the time these days I do 11-7:30 tho so I guess that's fine.
>>
File: neet_philosophy.png (103 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
neet_philosophy.png
103 KB, 1437x908
>>35589915
On new years I worked really late and I got to see the sun rise. Can confirm it was pretty sick and mesmerizing. Euphoric/10
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.