[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many sets for deadlift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
I'm doing ICF 3x5 (I'm cutting), but there is only 1x5 (+ warm-up sets) for deadlift, because Blaha says it's too big pressure on your CNS. Similiar in SS and SL routines. However, I noticed that many anons have 3x5 deadlift in their routines. Where is the truth? Is 1 DL set jut for dyels and later you can add another sets?
>>
I only DL once a week and usually do 2x5
sometimes I go CRAZY and do 1x5, 1x4 and 1x3
>>
>>35576230
I'm also doing ICF on a cut and did 3x5 deadlifts one day with the weight I usually use for my 1x5, I regretted it the next day.
>>
>>35576230
Zero sets.

Deadlifting is not worth the risk.
>>
>>35576987
ships are safe in harbor, but that is not where ships belong
>>
>>35576987
lmao @ ur life
>>
>>35577184
Pearl harbor says hello
>>
I work up to three heavy singles then do 5x5 twice a week
>>
>>35576230
Depends. I do 4x5(3 warm-up, 1 workset) followed by 1x3(semi-PR) and 1xPR.

I've realized that this works the best for me and made me reach 4 plate and now I'm 2.5kg away from 5 plate.

I have a friend who only does 6x2 and he can 1x6 5 plate easily.

When I was progressing from a single plate I couldn't do more than 3x5(first 2 being warm-ups) yet I've seen men who progressed with 5x5 and had awesome gains.
>>
>>35576987
Not realizing that deadlift is the best exercise to prevent back injury.

Enjoy breaking your back when you lift a box
>>
I like doing stiff-legged deadlifts with straps

10x3 or 5x5 depending on my mood
>>
>>35576230
You're probably a beginner. So stick to 1x5. There is a reason all these beginner programs have you do only one set.
>>
What the fuck is the point in doing only 1x5? How the fuck are you supposed to make progress when you basically don't even start doing the exercise?
>>
>>35579871
you make a lot of progress doing 1x5
>>
>>35580020
But surely that progress is minimal compared to the progress you make with 5x5.
>>
>>35580056
well, i could put 2~~4kg consistenly on dl when i started
>>
>>35579871
My deadlift went from 65kg to 145kg in 3 months doing 1x5
>>
>>35580056
Well yeah, if you could 5x5 enough weight to make progress every time you deadlift. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. You can't recover in time from a 3x5 let alone a 5x5. Keep in mind that SS style programs focus on making sure beginners can quickly gain strength yet still recover, and get past noob weights ASAP. More sets detract from efficiency.
>>
>>35579871
Just keep doing it and you'll see I fuckin swear
>>
i did 5x5 every weekday. i would alternate light days and heavy days. my max was 4.5 plates. i didn't progress that quickly with this lift, but the strength i gained from it easily carried over to my other lifts and in the sports i was doing at the time. easily my fave exercise. even more than the squat.
>>
>>35576230
>that fucking form

This is why everyone says trapbar deadlifts are a squat. Well no shit if you do a squat, then it's going to be a squat.
>>
i do 2x5 three times a week
>>
>>35579871
Because you DO make progressieve.
Also, the progress you make on squats carries over very well to deadlifts
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.