[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bulking, Cardio, and Heart Health
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Honest question: How do you keep your cardiovascular system healthy?

If by bulking you're (typically) increasing your sat. fat intake cholesterol, and to some extent, salt, AND in addition to that, cardio kills your gains easily, how do you keep your blood pressure from hitting 130+/70+?
>>
by doing cardio
>>
>>35555080

GO FOR A RUN YOU FUCKING MEATHEAD TWAT

>cardio kills your gains

NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T
>>
>>35555181
But doesn't that destroy gains? Or do you have to do something special like HIIT to get maximum benefit out of it?
>>
>>35555080
>cardio kills gains

fell for the meme, not gonna make it
>>
>>35555206
no
but HIIT is convenient anyways because it's more time-efficient
>>
go for a walk every evening or morning... 35 minutes a day minimum bro. maybe even jog a couple minutes total every walk. Doesn't have to be hard etc.

No it doesnt kill your gains.
>>
>>35555226
Okay, so let's assume that it doesn't objectively. How much can you run before you negatively start impacting what you've been lifting the previous day?
>>
Cardio only 'kills gains' in the sense that you're burning calories.
>>
>>35555080

Go on a vegan diet if you're worried about your heart health.
>>
>>35555230
gonna go walk a 1/4 mile each way and buy some Powerball tix... wish me luck
>>
>>35555206
HIIT doesn't take as long, distance could be hard on the joints depending on exercise, but is better for sports and endurance
>>
>>35555206
you think going for a 20 min run 3 times a week is going to have any effect on your gains?
You'll be burning less than 100 calories. Unless you're doing marathons it won't do shit but keep your heart healthy.
>being meme'd this hard
>in TWENTSIXTEEN
>>
All the skeletons in this thread is 3spooky5me
>>
>>35555278
Good luck. I convinced my family to buy tickets each for the occasion and bought 10 myself. Here's to a fortune.
>>
>>35555206
Cardio killing gains is a meme that's only a quarter-true
>>
>>35555358
OP here. Let me apologize for the OP. Cardio doesn't automatically cancel out gains, but it can hinder them. The only time I can effectively do cardio is on my rest days in between workout sessions.
>>
Any good stationary cycle HIIT routines you guys could share with me?
>>
>>35555358
Its not true at all. Cardio improves calorie partitioning. You'll gain a little more muscle and lose a little less fat by doing cardio.
>>
>>35555080

Get off the supplements, pre-workout, and protein shakes. Replace this stuff with veggies and eat non-processed foods and give your body time to digest. Look into the 16/8, warrior diet, and lean gains fasting schedules. Our recently evolved monkey bodies were not designed to eat that frequently after the agricultural revolution. Cool down on the strength training and do some cardio. I would honestly stop all strength training if I were you and look into swimming, walking, or stair-mastering everyday for at least 30 mins, low intensity at first. You look like the kind of dude who would have a heart attack in the middle of a max at 35. Anyways, I don't see the appeal of being an unsustainable The Mountain when you could be a sustainable and equally, if not more attractive and healthy, Jon Snow or Oberyn Martell. In my experience, women aren't looking for guys with huge muscles, they're looking for guys with developed muscles, yes, but low body fat above all else. BUT if the deal is about maximizing muscle and strength for sport or hobby, go right ahead, but there's a point where returns diminish rapidly. There's more than maximizing gains and it could drastically improve your quality of life.
>>
>>35555080
>How do you keep your cardiovascular system healthy?
You engage in an endurance activity on a regular basis.
>>
>>35555295
I'm not supporting the cardio kills gains stuff but burning 100 calories running will cost you much more than a 100 calories in the following couple of days.
>>
An hour of cardio wont destroy every single muscle fiber on your body. Go run
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsGJQwaWio
>>
>>35557035
Care to elaborate?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.