[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I have maybe a stupid question, but I read the sticky and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1450981661519.png (131 KB, 262x288) Image search: [Google]
1450981661519.png
131 KB, 262x288
Hey, I have maybe a stupid question, but I read the sticky and didn't find the answer.

Does junk food, that is to say- saturated fats and the like- negatively affect the effects of lifting.

I've been lifting but my doctor says I need to gain some weight. I'm ~110lbs.

This might be a drastic example but, say I go to the gym one day, then the next I go eat at Mcdonald's. Would eating at mcdonalds override the effects of the lifting I did the day before?
>>
Read the sticky before posting. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>35551446
calories in calories out its not rocket science
>>
polywhirl was my fucken nigga

i had toys of polywag, polywhirl, polywrath and a tiny gameboy where you pressed the screen and it fired pokeballs.
cheers for the nostalgia OP.

I have dirty bulked for 3 years. gained 27kg, moslty muscle but i'm an extreme hardgainer. i'm sure the sugar etc isnt good for you.
>>
>>35551446
No, eating mcdonnalds will not cancel out your gains.
You need to:
>Start ss
>Eat mcdonnalds every day for dirty bulk
>download myfitnesspal app and log what you eat, eat more than you burn
READ THE STICKY YOU LIAR
>>
>>35551539
so if say
spend one day at the gym
then the next day pigging out on food
I'll gain muscle mass while not becoming a spooky skeleton?
>>
Saturated fat and junk food are worlds apart you reet.

Junk food actually tends to be low in sat fats and high in processed carbs and trans fats.

Well done on carrying on with the food pyramid meme.
>>
>>35551614
Yes but you will gain some fat too. But if you're 110 pounds you should focus on eating as if your life depended on it.
>>
File: 1446171631384.jpg (105 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
1446171631384.jpg
105 KB, 500x668
>110 lbs
>>
>>35551446
The only thing that affects weight is calories. So, any form of calories will help you acquire mass.

Things like saturated fats affect you health. Like cardiovascular health. If you dirty bulk on mcDonalds, you will gain sweet mass, but you are more likely to stroke out than someone who clean bulks.
>>
>>35551637
5'5
cursed manlet
>>
>>35551646
So if I'm taking in more calories than I lose, I gain weight.
But that doesn't negatively effect gains from lifting?
>>
>>35551682
Fucking jabroni you've already gotten your answer. You cant cancel out your gains from eating mcdonnalds or other unhealthy food nig nug.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.