[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how long should a fat 120kg pc warrior like me be jogging for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1408559841311.jpg (16 KB, 400x205) Image search: [Google]
1408559841311.jpg
16 KB, 400x205
how long should a fat 120kg pc warrior like me be jogging for the first time?
i just went out and could barely last 30minutes

i really want to lose weight until summer

i will be going to the gym soon too

>21 years
>1,80m
>>
30 minutes is enough, unless you're actually training for competitive running.
>>
>120kilos
>jogging
>goodbye knees I knew you very little
>top kek
>>
idk if it wouldn't be better for you to go cycling instead of jogging, less pressure on your legs
>>
Exercising isn't the best for losing weight. I'd try to just eat less, or eat lower calorie foods.
>>
>>35538787
c25k
google it
also read the sticky on weight loss
>>
Don't need to jog, just walk, unless you specifically want to get into running. Your mobility and bodily control no doubt suck, so it's really easy to get injured running. Read the sticky, count your calories, don't do that awful lowbar squat thing in Starting Strength and others, learn to squat like a normal human being.
>>
>>35539025
yes i can do that too i even have a nice bike

i just got fucking motivated yesterday and just did the first thing i could think of and that was jogging

>>35539042
im eating healthy since the year started and fucking love it

>>35539048
i will, thanks
>>
>>35539042
This

I lost more weight on my first 1 year cut than I did after a few months of cardio and then lifting

Ex 300 lb turbofat now 230 Dyel
>>
Jogging is gay. Just eat food that isn't garbage and go do stuff that's cool like hiking or wandering your town on a bike.

Just trying to grind it out rarely works for you fats. Find a new, healthier life that you can love and then worry about training sessions to enhance specific qualities you want later.
>>
>>35539062
Biking is good and you should do anything you can to stay active, but it's more difficult than it seems to hold your heart rate up. Too much of a tendency to coast.

You should definitely still bike though. I'm just saying for pure cardio at first, try walking and jogging in intervals. Google couch to 5k (or C25K) for a program.
>>
Exercising will help your mental state, but walking is most likely enough for that. If you want another type of exercise swimming is often recommended for very overweight people because it takes the pressure off the joints. I hear weight-lifting helps with weight-loss more so than cardio does, so I recommend weight-lifting if and when you're able to.

>why not to jog
humans have a natural running "cadence" or speed at which the energy is stored elastically in the tendons etc. resulting in the body "bouncing" off the ground when it hits it. As I understand it it's a lot easier on the joints to run like that, so I recommend not running until you're able to run at that ideal speed (it's quite a fast speed, too).
>>
>>35538787
do ss fuck cardio
>>
Swimming = GOAT fat fuck cardio.

>no injuries, unlike jogging
>works more muscles more intensely than jogging
>isnt suicide-level boring, unlike jogging
>>
Just got an other question.
I tried the c25k but the first week seems for me impossible to do. After 60 secs of jogging i can't breath anymore and need to stop and sit down for at least 5 mins. Is it normal when you never did sport besides school sport or should i go see a doctor?

> fem
> 19 years
> 69 kg
>>
>>35539353
Just jog slower so you don't completely wear yourself out then. If jogging at a moderate pace for a minute is that hard for you, then you have a long way to go for your cardiovascular health. Good luck.
>>
>>35539401
Well i get passed by some people who walk at normal speed sometimes... but i guess then i have to go even slower. Thx for help thou
>>
>>35539300
>>isnt suicide-level boring, unlike jogging

God I know that feel
>>
>>35539353

Yeah, that's normal. You have really, really bad stamina. But the good news is it is easy to improve it.
>>
>>35539417
I'll wait for your post in a few weeks how you've joined snap city, anon.
>>
>>35538787
instead of jogging go on really long walks and fast thrice a week instead of eating less, eat a handful of kale or another leafy green with every meal, the fiber will make you feel full faster. Cut alcohol down to once a week.

I lost 50lbs last year
>>
>>35539300
This. This. This.
Swimming is objectively the best cardio you can do
>>
File: 1451762314628.jpg (76 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451762314628.jpg
76 KB, 640x640
>>35539417
maybe you should try sprinting 100m instead? if in the end you need 5 minutes of rest i think that running 100m at your fastest pace would do better than 60 seconds of turtle racing
>>
>>35539527
Well it's good to hear I don't need to see a doc! I will try my best so i can join a marathon once in the far future.
>>
>>35539766
I am gonna try this tomorrow. Thx for the advice!
>>
>>35539300
Fucking this.

>Young me had a pool, full auschwitz mode.
>Move during teen years, get fat.
>Save up and purchase a house with a pool.
>Down like 50 lbs in 3 months just by having fun swimming with my nephews every day.

Swimming is the funnest and best.
>>
File: 1451745002776.jpg (49 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451745002776.jpg
49 KB, 640x640
>>35540273
just remember to do a good warmup so you don't screw your legs up
>>
File: 1445551624166.jpg (88 KB, 544x483) Image search: [Google]
1445551624166.jpg
88 KB, 544x483
these new fatties are always cute

wonder how many of them actually pull through and are still trying to make it a few months from now

probably very little
>>
>>35539300
I'm a national level swimmer - Used to be fat fuck that until grade 6 when I took it up.

>Broad shoulder
>Strong as fuck tri's and abs
>Builds decent all round body except for maybe some bits of your legs.
>>
Next time will be 1% easier, and so on
>>
>>35540313
God she inspires my cut so fuck much she is a queen. A queen.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.