[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Previous QTDDTOT almost at 300 replies. Let's start anew.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: thepress.jpg (134 KB, 999x624) Image search: [Google]
thepress.jpg
134 KB, 999x624
Previous QTDDTOT almost at 300 replies. Let's start anew.

If I want to retain my gains but have good cardiovascular health, how much running should I do and what kind? I used to do 15 miles twice a week, then I shifted it down to 8 miles twice a week, and now it's around 8 a week. What say you cardiobros?
>>
>>35532606
I've always heard high intensity interval training is goat for keeping muscle. Haven't tried it myself though, I do a lot of swimming and severely limit my gains.
>>
what exactly eats up your knees when squatting? is it just the buckling? im wondering since i have been doing oly style squats, ATG highbar with stretch reflix, wondering since some people say going atg and bouncing tears up the knees. Or is this all mom science or bro science?
>>
I have this weird swollen spot on my lower outside leg above my ankle. The whole area get pretty sore compared to my normal left leg. It's like some fluid is built up in that spot. Is it cancer or blood clot and am I going to die?
>>
I started working out a couple months ago but never followed a program, just did my own shit but I finally decided to read SS and I'm gonna start that next week. It only has me train three days a week and I'm used to going 6 days a week, what do I do for those 4 days it has nothing? It seems too little lifting to make gains.
>>
>>35533013
If you're overweight try cardio, otherwise just relax. Work on flexibility, foam rolling for muscle soreness, maybe bodyweight exercises?
>>
I want to know if my stats are any good for my hieght/wieght/time. A lot of the other people I've seen on fit at my hieght are 50lbs lighter.

Liftin 3 yrs
>5'10"
>195lbs
> 245 bench, 335 sqaut, 495 DL

Thx
>>
Whats the most comfortable way (for the sake of my fucking fingers) to train traps?

i dont have straps and I hate the feeling of my forearms and fingers about to give out holding heavy weight but my traps arent nearly ready to quit
>>
>>35533028
I considered yoga or some other stretching. Not too overweight, 5'10, 170, 21-22%bf. I decided to start a cut today and wondering if I could make it to a summer body by that time without losing gains
>>
>>35533074
Heavy deadlifts.
>>
>>35533034
Reasonable numbers. Could be higher. Squat seems low. But I do low bar powerlifting stance squats so it could just be me.
>>
i benched 225 4x at 5'10 160

At my SS, i did 125x3 at 155

>add in all my other lifts and gainz
>5lb weight gain over 2 yrs

wtf?
>>
How much does lifting heavy change your facial aesthetics?
>>
Any of you niggers suffer from hyperhidrosis?

It started when I gained a few pounds the last year or so of high school because of lolweedman. I didn't notice any extra stress or anything the sweating under my armpits just got continually worse and worse.

23 in a month now and it's still there. I'm back down to my target weight including a few pounds of muscle, eat healthy majority of the time, etc. Doctor says that because it didn't go away after correcting my weight I have a couple options.

1) expensive botox injections every 6 months or so

2) $3000 procedure where they zap my armpits with lasers and shit

The only problem is is that I might start sweating elsewhere because of it. Anyone get over this shit? It's killing me. No antiperspirant or anything works.
>>
>>35533321

Had it for years, always wore black shirts from underarm sweat embarrassing me every day every hour

Did miradry and never have it anymore, look into it I guarantee it will help, you can thank me later anon
>>
>>35533304
If you're fat, losing weight can change you dramatically. If you are skinny, not much at all. Steroids can change you though.
>>
>>35533321
One Word: Drysol
>>
>>35533384
Miradry that's what it was called. That's the $3000 procedure I was talking about, said it'd take two treatments and that's it but the compensatory sweating chance scares me.
>>
>>35533415

I don't know what your doctor is selling you but if anything it will reduce all sweating, sweat glans in your armpits manage other body sweat functions. Example, your hands will never sweat again along with your armpits. It doesn't just "go somewhere else" that's retarded and not how nerves work. You're effectively zapping the glan and killing it.
>>
Didn't get to workout over Christmas-New Years and changed programs at the start of the week. Got insane doms from leg day and it's already leg day again tomorrow. Do I still do it anyway even if I have to drop the weights on everything?
>>
>>35533506

I don't know what you're trying to achieve, you've already made the microtear in your muscle fibres, double more damage is just going to prolong recovery and growth. It's retarded to over train unless you're on gear, getting intramuscular massages and a super diet.
>>
>>35533536
I always thought you were supposed to still workout through doms
>>
Reposting from old thread.

I'm a former /fit/izen. Starting around November I really fell off the wagon and ended up gaining back the 10 pounds I lost in the fall. I want and need to get back on track, but it's so daunting this time around since my mental illness made an unexpected comeback. How do you fight the antidepressant munchies/depression apathy eating?

Also, if my TDEE is 1350, is it too extreme to do a 1000 calorie cut? I just want the first 5 pounds gone as humanly possible. It feels like shit.
>>
Anyone have reverse BD? I'm a dyel skelly and keep thinking I look good when I see myself
>>
What keeps you lifting?
>>
>>35533618
If you TDEE is 1350 calories, you do NOT need to lose weight. Maybe try a new calculator?
>>
I am interested in adding sprints to my week, but I'm concerned it might be over training my legs with already having a set leg day(I do about 11 sets overall, mostly heavy stuff).

Right now, my normal week is:
Sunday:Back(including Deads)/traps
Monday:Chest/tri's
Tuesday:walk/jog cardio, about 2 miles
Wednesday:Legs
Thursday:Mow the lawn, about 45 mins
Friday:Shoulders/Bi's
Saturday: rest day

Would adding sprints be too much and if not, when should I do them?
>>
>>35533782
>what is a grill
I'm 5'0", 110 lbs., and inactive because of the winter season and being too poor for a gym membership. 1350 kcal is plenty accurate, I promise.
>>
>>35533321
Try "Odaban" i use it every two weeks for my armpits and im not sweating anymore, even Düring training my armpits are dry af. Someone who used to make the botox therapy told me he wasted a shit ton of money because the spray works even better
>>
Trying out creatine starting tomorrow, should i load or just take 5gs everyday?
>>
Female here, I'm 5'7 and 150lbs. Trying to do gym or cardio daily. Will I lose weight if I eat 1000-1200kcal? Why do I feel like that the weight is really going down slowly unless I'm really hungry and go low with the cals? I'm using myfitnesspal and I'm only eating whole foods and weighing shit so I don't think that in any case I'm getting more than 1300kcal. I'm not drinking any soda, milk or anything else than water.

I'm going to lose weight, right? I just feel that it's really slow, like 0,5kg at most per week. Feels like the only way to actually lose some is to eat like 600kcal a day.
>>
How can women's TDEE be 2000kcal? It's fucking a lot. My mom is like 5'8 and weighs maybe 166lbs. She bikes to work every day, and it's like almost 5 miles a day. She's walking around at work. She usually can't eat anything at work cause she's simply too busy. She doesn't eat candy or chocolate at all, and I know that cause she simply doesn't like those treats. When she eats, she doesn't eat big portions or unhealthy foods, no cream or milk nor even sugar in her coffee, no binging, no crisps. I'd say that she takes in maybe around 1500kcal a day. Still, why isn't she losing weight? She isn't fat really, but let's say that she's a bit big. I just don't understand why she isn't thinner with that diet. I never see her eating a lot and she mainly runs with coffee.

So is that TDEE of 2000kcal for women only for young ones who's "normal weight" is like 175lbs?
>>
My routine has deadlift 1x5 once a week.

I just dld 140kgs for 3 reps, then my grip on my left hand started to slip. I put the bar down and gave it a minute and lifted it for one rep before same thing happened.

Nrxt week can i increase the weight slightly or should i stay at 140 until my grip lets me do five reps
>>
I'm trying to lose weight. I lift and do cardio almost daily. I eat about 1700-2000 calories a day and burn about 500 of those during my workouts. Online calculators put my TDEE at about 2700 calories daily. So my daily net deficit is about 1200 calories, right? Am I hurting myself by not eating enough? I take in about 200 g of protein a day and i'm really feeling my muscles lately, so I feel like i'm doing okay.

Also, if i'm trying to lean out, is the 1g protein per pound of body weight thing true?
>>
>>35532606
Whenever I go to pee and the stall is clean, I like to pull the hair from my pubes, and if some come out, I place them on top of the stall.

Am I a bad person?
>>
Just started squatting and have trouble with flexibility when my feet are shoulder length apart. Can I make my stance wider(it helps me balance)while I gain strength and flexibility?
>>
>>35534169
Yea you can make your stance as wide or as narrow as you want. What ever is the most comfortable and lets you squat the most amount of weight. Squat stance is one of these things that are down to personal preference.
>>
>>35534120
As long as you feel fine you are good. The protein thing is per lb of lean body mass, so not counting the fat.

There are several ways to calculate bodyfat %age. One i recommend is the navy method which involves neck measurement (taken at the widest part of the neck which is below the adams apple) and waist measurement at the belly button, also for women a hip measurement. You plug this into a online calculator and it will tell you your approximate bf % and also include how much lean body mass you have.
>>
>>35534061
Include some grip training in your workouts like farmers walks. Also Romanian deadlifts are absolutely killer for forearms and its a great accessory for deadlifts too.
>>
how the fuck do i make my cottage cheese not taste like garbage?
>>
Cutting right now and going to do an EC stack (I'm allergic to asprin so I cant add that) starting next week. What are some common Ephedrine medicines that I can get at like a pharmacy say in HyVee?

Also, I'll be using it twice a day and on my work out days, I am going to add it to creatine and my BCAA's for my "pwo", is there anything else that I should add to this stack?
>>
>>35534307
It tastes fine, or you could be a pleb and put pineapple or pepper in it.
>>
>>35533964
Weight loss is almost entirely diet. 1kg is about equal to 1600kcal. Calculate your BMR with the calculator in the sticky, and then eat at a deficit from that. You can lose about 4kg a week before you risk complications like loose skin or gallstones. Exercise, particularly lifting, helps by increasing your lean body mass, which increases your weight, which increases your BMR. It doesn't make a difference in terms of the calories burned by the exercise itself.

>>35534307
For some reason everyone wants to add sweet stuff to cottage cheese to make it taste better. I make it savory. I add salt, hot sauce and green onion.
>>
So I've been getting cardio lately on an exercise bike. I noticed last time that my entire pelvis went numb. It went away within about half a minute of getting off the bike, but I noticed that night it was tougher than usual to keep an erection. Is this normal?
>>
Guys is the creatine hair loss thing a meme?

I want to take creatine but i keep hearing about hair loss. My family has a history of male pattern baldness basically all males. And i dont want to accelerate this.
>>
How often should I be training to failure?
>>
As a beginner, when should I start taking supplements (ie. Proton shakes) after workout? I want to start as later as possible cuz cant afford powder
>>
>>35534380
>not going to failure for every lift
>making it

Im kidding. Seriously though going to failure impacts recovery and you shouldn't be doing it unless your program calls for it.
>>
>>35534307
Many Indian dishes use cottage cheese (called paneer) google some recipes
>>
>>35534392
You only need protein powder if you don't get enough protein in your diet from other food.
>>
Went to the gym and lifted today for the first time. Also started eating right. I am trying to slowly gain muscle with minimal fat. Here's what I ate today, plz r8.

2 pieces whole wheat bread
3 eggs
2 chicken breasts
Large sweet potato
3/4 cup broccoli
1 tin of sardines w whole wheat crackers
2 whole grain banana muffins
3 8oz glasses of 2% milk.

I'm 6 1 and 180 lbs btw
>>
>>35533885
Loading isnt necessary just take 5g erry day
>>
>>35533034
Squat and bench are weak for three years lifting.

I've been lifting 1.5 years, 35lbs lighter, 2 inches shorter, and I have a 240lbs bench and a 345lbs squat. My DL is only 4pl8 though, so that indicates to me you should work on your squat and bench form.
>>
If I do Oly, is it true that I have to stop benching twice a weak and stick to weighted memes?
>>
>>35534422
Would eat/10
>>
File: 1451251642770.png (106 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
1451251642770.png
106 KB, 922x882
Probably will have to see a doctor about it eventually but two things that seem weird about my skin right now..
1) my complexion is really yellow? i can't imagine any reasons anything would be wrong or off with my liver but has anyone had something like this? like yellowish aroung the mouth and overall skin. i'm caucasian, really pale by the way.
2) darker skin patches around neck.. not much to say about this besides that it's pretty noticable and i tend to wear turtlenecks and scarfs a lot.
Will try to get an appointment just in case soon but if anyone has had something of those, please let me know what it was.
>>
>>35534459
Yellow skintone is a sign of liver problems. Or are you possibly eating tons or carrots? That can make skin more yellow, but it means you gotta consume tons of those. Are you taking any meds or roid? Those could explain.

Given the skin patches, I'd definitely go to see a doctor asap.
>>
Trainer at my gym says that I've fucked up my back with improper OHP form.

Says that the muscles in my back are fusing together.

Offered to give me a massage to show me what he meant. Pressed around for a bit, stuck a finger lightly in one area, and I was suddenly wracked with pain.

OHP has always been a problem lift for me, but I never felt pain while doing it. I was dying when he was pushing into my shoulder.

He's offering to show me how to properly lift, foam roll, and do some massage therapy for quite a bit of money. Is this legit, am I being scammed, can I learn this on my own, and is there even a risk of shoulder muscles 'fusing' if your OHP form is off?
>>
>>35534472
Thanks, I do eat carrots to get my vitamin A and all but I'm not sure if I eat them in such a huge amount for it to have an effect. But I could try to cut them out for now anyway. No meds or roid. The liver thing just seems weird since I don't drink and eat fairly healthy. And yeah I'll try to book an appointment as soon as possible.
>>
>>35532606
>>35532606
Just started gym, read wiki and following SS for about 6 weeks.

with Benchpress progress has stalled for about 3 weeks now with benchpress at 32.25kg. Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

My bench and deadlift is 60kg and I found doing hyperextension and using machine to target hip abductor and adductor helped in improving form and being able to increase weight.
>>
>>35534392
Unless you're 6'5 huge fucking tank of a man or just hate food in general there's literally no reason to take whey ever. You can comfortably (and cheaper) get all your protein from normal sources of food. Also make sure not to fall for casein meme
>>
File: 1451598923266.jpg (31 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
1451598923266.jpg
31 KB, 704x400
>>35534898
what's the casein meme
>>
People say when they quit weed after about 2 weeks it's "like waking up". Is there anything I can do to help speed this process up of "waking up"?
I've been smoking regularly for the past year now and I have a job interview on the 16th I want to be prime for.
Thanks
>>
>>35534976
yeah. stop thinking about it.
>>
I know this is a really stupid and obvious question, but I keep hearing some anons contradict the general response, unless they're just lying.
How important is cardio for losing weight? I understand most of it is proper diet and calorie intake, but does cardio make such a big effect that it should be mandatory to cut?
>>
File: overhead-press-stance.jpg (136 KB, 1024x299) Image search: [Google]
overhead-press-stance.jpg
136 KB, 1024x299
let's say you had to ohp with legs wide apart like a sumo stance or not ohp at all. what's wrong with it?
>>
>>35535037
It simply burns calories really fast and is really healthy, you could also loose weight by simply eating at a deficit but why make it extra hard and slow the process down if you could just go for a run 3 times a Week for 30-60mins?
>>
Are my genetics trash? I have been training fairly hard for nearly 4 years and my body is still a fucking skinnyfat piece of shit fucking mess.
My current routine:
Chest day:
Dumbell bench 8 x 3
Chest press machine 10 x 3
Dips 10/15 x 3
Skull crushers + close grip bench super set 10 x 3

Back day:
Pullups 10 x 3
Lat pull down 10 x 3
One armed rows 10 x 3
Seated rows 10 x 3

Shoulder + arm day:
Seated Dumbell press: 10 x 3
Shoulder press machine 8 x 3
Side lateral raises 15 x 3
Variation of bicep curls super set 12 x 3
Variation of tricep extention super set 12 x 3

Leg day:
Leg press 15 x 3
Leg extension 10-15 x 3
Ham curls 15 x 3
Calf raises 2 x 15

I train around 6 days a week.

I was deadlifting for a year and all it did was give me a massive ass

I eat what I consider a decent diet
Breakfast: 1.5cup of oats w/ 1cup of oat milk, scoop of protein and some honey.
Lunch: 280 grams of tuna with beans (85g protein) or left overs from the previous night or meatball subway (50g protein)
Dinner: steak and veg or whatever the senpai is having
Snacks: black coffee, quest bars, fruit, random stuff my latin co-worker makes me sometimes.
I have used myfitnesspal in the past off and on and I eat ~2800calories per day with around 140 protein

I definitely gained maybe 5-8kgs of muscle since starting but I have narrow shoulders and skinny arms and I have been losing strength lately.
My legs are my biggest muscle group (dispite me having trained them the least)

Please help if possible, my self esteem is dying.
>>
>>35535081
No, your diet is a mess
>>
>>35535081
I wanted to add that I aim for progressive overload but my strength is shit as fuck
>>
Whats the best way for all-around fitness? I'm interested in strength, endurance, flexibility and speed. I'd like to run fast as well as perform advanced bodyweight moves like muscle-ups as well as benching decent weight. I don't need to excel in any particular area, just be proficient. How do I go about it? I'm assuming shit like SS fills all your training time, so cramming more work on top of it will lead to overtraining
>>
If a happening happens how do I keep my gains? Should I try to build a chicken-breast farm now? Any tips?
>>
what's the downside to squatting high bar vs low bar? i can't do low bar because my shoulders are too inflexible to get my hands that far behind my back over the bar
>>
What do I do with it? I've read the stickies, for the past year I've remained 73kgs and 15%bf.
>>
Exercises for someone with weak hamstrings (and strong calves, quads if it matters)? I find myself struggling with DLs and doing the "humping" when doing RDLs.

I've given up DLs for the time being in favor of doing RDLs until I can get the feeling of squeezing glutes/hammies because right now it feels like I'm pulling back / leaning back more than I am pushing my hips forward.

Also, Hanging leg raises vs. Cable crunches for core support?
>>
>>35535222
Pretty much nothing. Do whatever is most comfortable.
>>
Would training more times than 3 a week (icf) while cutting be better? I bulked 3 months out of skinnyfat mode and now I want to lose the fat, its my first week of cutting and lifts are not going up at all. I store a lot of fat on my ass and squats made that worse, should I swap to something like Coolcicada's PPL?
>>
>>35532606
> Let's start anew.
> Said no girl ever
>>
Is there any reason not to go from Machine Hyperextensions to Good mornings?
>>
>>35532800
>what exactly eats up your knees when squatting? i

Bouncing really doesn't do much, but high bar, going up and down will cause some rubbing of cartilage inside the knee. Not really all that much, but you'll feel it in your 50's/ 60's self isn't going to be happy with your current self for doing it.

>>35533013
Rest makes muscles, not working out., 3 ~ 4 days a week for strength is not uncommon because you need rest to build muscles. Is strength what you want?

>>35533993
2000kcals? I'd say she's moderately active, since roofer / carpenter is very active, and she's just walking around and probably biking casually rather than going all out. I'd say she's closer to 1300kcals.

Remember the TDEE were invented in the 1960's, when everyone worked harder. Sitting at a desk at work and then doing PPL at night is "sedentary".

>>35535222
Do whatever is comfortable.

Low bar -> Harder on back, less quad activation. Less ankle flexibility required, possible to lift more.

High bar -> Harder on knees, sightly more ROM going ATG. Feels a bit more "normal".

I wouldn't stress it too much. It's not like going from Low bar to high bar is the difference between Forrest Gump and Ronnie Colman. Just do what feels comfortable and you can do in good form. Form > all.
>>
>>35532606
Help me guys.

I'm on my 4th week of SS and I'm stalling badly on deadlifts. I can't seem to break the 185lb barrier because I can only do 4 reps before form breaks down. I actually reached this 2 weeks into the program. Since then I dropped the weight to 135lbs and practiced on my form.

I worked my way up to 185lbs by adding 10lbs each working day. I started incorporating powercleans on wednesday and the 185lb attempt on friday. Once again I can't finish the 5th rep.

I've watched multiple form videos on youtube and there is a lot different ways of deadlifting.

I'm asking here because I need technical instructions on how to actually perform a deadlift.

What should the back angle be in the starting position? 45 degrees vs close to parallel to the ground
Should your femur be parallel to the ground or higher?
How do you initiate the pull? Back going up first vs back maintaining angle

current lifts:
squats 3x5x155lbs
ohp 3x5x85lbs
bench 3x5x115lbs
deads 1x5x175lbs
powercleans 5x3x115lbs
>>
File: rhth.gif (1 MB, 376x376) Image search: [Google]
rhth.gif
1 MB, 376x376
I can work out on Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun. I'm at beginner-intermediate level. Mainly want aesthetics, but strength would be good too.

Can anyone recommend me a routine? Thanks bras!!

pic unrelated
>>
>>35535423
What I suggest is doing a set of Romanian deadlift(RDL) instead of a standard deadlift. Go to the gym and do them.

Done?

Alright, now time to do a standard deadlift.

To grab the bar, lower your body like you're doing an RDL, and then once you reach your RDL ROM, then use your legs to reach the bar.

That's a deadlift. You should feel that tightness in your posterior chain while you are holding the bar.

The back angle and leg position depends entirely on your own body. There's no "right way", but going to deep and making the deadlift into a squat is the "wrong way".
>>
File: Capture.png (21 KB, 899x286) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
21 KB, 899x286
How is the attached for someone who is cutting and doing 3x5 instead of 5x5? Alternating A/B/A Day on/Day off. It is ICF 5x5 (SL 5x5) changed to suit weaknesses / areas to improve on.

6'3, 300lbs, 30% BF. BMR is around 2400 MFP w/ cardio and exercise takes TDEE around 2700 (BMR - 1kg week + 800 kcal in exercise)

Daily macros are:

Calories 1950
Carbohydrates 146 g 30 %
Fat 76 g 35 %
Protein 171 g 35 %
>>
My legs are lacking in size, can I, after I finish my normal exercises set in my routine, go ahead and do random leg exercises and work till they're exhausted?
>>
Do I still need to eat if I don't feel like eating and have only eaten like 800 calories?
>>
>>35535584
obviously.

Buy some nuts for those days you don't feel like eating. They're very high in calories. Dip them in honey or chocolate and you're eat those calories in no time
>>
File: 47473357.png (31 KB, 408x389) Image search: [Google]
47473357.png
31 KB, 408x389
>>35535584
thanks for the laugh anon
>>
>>35535584
If you are trying to bulk, and you haven't reached our calories, then you need to force yourself to eat.

People finding excuses to not work out is the #1 reason people stop working out. The #2 reason is diet.
>>
I skipped the gym a lot during december, went back two days ago. Now I have lots of DOMS, should I wait the soreness out or go today anyways?
>>
>>35535659
go, do some cardio, stretch, warm up and the doms should be almost gone.

I find that the endorphin rush gets rid of any doms for me, at least while I'm working out.
>>
>>35535659

the doms disappears pretty quick when you start working out and get some blood to the muscle.
>>
>>35535575
As long as it doesn't interfere with the rest of your training then yes you can. However, simply working "till they're exhausted" is really, really dumb. Exhausting your muscles won't make them grow - Progressive Overload will. Even 2-3 sets of squats are more than enough IF you manage to add weight (or reps) over time. You can do all the exercises in the world but if you're not improving, you're NOT going to grow one bit.

You can do the 20 rep squat protocol from the old book Super Squats if you're serious about building some leg size.
>>
>>35535526
do not include those 800kcal from exercise.
>>
Can someone post that twink/woman ass routine?
>>
File: trappychan butt routine.png (800 KB, 1375x650) Image search: [Google]
trappychan butt routine.png
800 KB, 1375x650
>>35535778
You mean Trappy's?
>>
>>35535606
>>35535646
Forgot to mention that I'm cutting, according to the IIFYM calculator I should be eating 1800 calories. Is it still fine not to eat though?
>>
>>35535801
It'll cost you muscle
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47 KB, 547x465
I'm planning on switching my routine to Phraks Greyskull LP (pic related), and have a couple of questions:

- Can I replace the chinups with barbell rows, which would mean doing the rows every workout? I don't have the equipment to do chinups.

- Am I to take it that you reset immediately after failing 5 reps on the last set? As someone used to stalling 3 times before deloading (SL), this seems like I won't be pushing myself as much.

- Is it alright if I progress upper body with 5lbs as well as lower? My gym doesn't have 1.25lbs plates.
>>
>>35534422
good diet anon, you're gonna make it
>>
>>35535801
As long as you are hitting your macros and working out, 800 is fine.

800 is a little low to get all your protein, though...
>>
>>35535835
You can substitute rows for chin-ups but beware of low back fatigue that might mess with your performance on the big, important lower body lifts.

Do reset immediately when you fail to hit 5 reps on the last set. Remember that you're doing AMRAP on the last set, so even though the weight gets lowered you're still able to set a rep PR (compared to last time you were handling that particular weight) which is every bit as good as increasing the weight. You will be pushing yourself.

You can progress by adding 5 lbs at a time, but it will become a problem for you soon. Consider investing in your own small plates to bring.

Excellent program all in all.
>>
doind DIPS as last exercise 3x10-12 reps.
I can just manage to get 7-8reps
should i go to the assisted DIPs machine and get those 10-12reps or keep doing 7-8 till i manage to get into 10-12 range?

domo
>>
>>35535801
Do you feel like you can eat an extra 1000 tomorrow to even it out? I sometimes do that and it's fine. Fucks up my routine though. The body loves consistency.
>>
Should I wait until February to start lifting?
I don't want people to think I'm a dirty resolutioner.
>>
>>35535835
You can do chin ups in a squat rack, you just put the bar as high as you can, and then lift your legs.

If you've stalled out on SL, why are you doing gslp? GSLP is also a beginner's routine. You should be doing an intermediate routine, like 5/3/1, TM or Madcow.
>>
>>35535948
Just go do it you fucking pussy. Who cares what other people think?
>>
>>35535923
>You can substitute rows for chin-ups but beware of low back fatigue that might mess with your performance on the big, important lower body lifts.
Might it be a good idea to do the rows after the deadlifts/squats rather than before then?

>>35535960
>You can do chin ups in a squat rack, you just put the bar as high as you can, and then lift your legs.
It's more the 'weighted chinups' thing that I'm talking about equipment wise. Or is using weights not something I should worry about yet?

I've not stalled out on SL, I'm just sick of it. Doing squats first thing every workout is making my progress on bench suffer and I want to try the AMRAP thing.
>>
Assuming:
>No refrigerator
>No way to cook
>No access to fresh meat
Is there any good portable sources of food for a decent protein packed meal? Preferably something I can keep in a suitcase for as long as a week. I guess I can supplement the protein with whey if necessary, but I'd prefer actually eating something.
>>
>>35536033
Jerky
>>
>>35535999
Don't worry too much.

A dip belt is fairly cheap and you should probably own one anyways. Even if you can't afford one, putting a dumbbell between your legs will usually get you there until around 55 ~ 85 pounds.

Depend on how many chins you can do, it takes a while to reach 55 ~ 85 pounds, so I wouldn't worry about it until you get there.
>>
>>35536033
>peanut butter
>nuts
>tinned beans
>boiled eggs? not sure how long they last
>oat cakes
>>
>>35535476
pls help :)
>>
>>35535476
Skip Saturday and any 3-day workout plan would suit you. There's plenty around so just research and you should find one you like
>>
>>35536055
Yeah, that's one I've heard about. Any good brands or places I can get a bunch for cheap with decent quality?

>>35536075
>peanut butter
How? Do you eat it with fruits or something?
>nuts
Unfortunately I'm allergic to pretty much anything but peanuts.
>boiled eggs in suitcase
D-does this work?
>oat cakes
Didn't even know about these, thanks.
>>
Ive been told that the more you chew your food the less work your stomach has to do to get the nutrients.
Could I use this to my advantage and not chew food much to lose extra weight on a cut, or is it momscience tier shit
>>
>>35536114
>D-does this work?
Yes just make sure to put them in a bowl and hand them to the lady at the check-in before she takes your suitcase
>>
>>35536086
Chest, back, delts on wed/sat

Squats deadlift on fri/sun
>>
>>35536114
I have peanut butter on bread but you could always just eat it on its own, or put it on rice cakes (or oat cakes) or anything really.

I boil eggs all the time and leave them in the shell to carry around, not sure if they would last a week without smelling bad though

>>35536130
Nah that's total bullshit
>>
>>35536033
are you a fucking refugee or wat
>>
Can anyone recommend me some tracks which make me feel badass and lift shit? No metal though, I don't like it. I've got this so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMSkC2PGyTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCYfw2CyUdA
>>
>>35536151
I'm an auditor, and busy season is starting.

Hotel gyms suck.
>>
>>35536114
Fresh raw eggs can be left out for about 3 days with no problem. They don't refrigerate their eggs in Europe because they buy their food and consume it almost immediately.

Just do the smell test if they smell fine, they're safe to eat. You can get a portable egg cooker like this one :

http://www.amazon.com/Dash-Go-Rapid-Egg-Cooker/dp/B00DDXWFY0

Hard boiled eggs should be consumed within a few hours, though.
>>
File: 1451496734819.jpg (8 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1451496734819.jpg
8 KB, 250x233
>>35536177
>They don't refrigerate their eggs in Europe because they buy their food and consume it almost immediately.
>>
File: startingassredux.png (185 KB, 1906x415) Image search: [Google]
startingassredux.png
185 KB, 1906x415
>>35535778
>>
File: cortisol.jpg (42 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
cortisol.jpg
42 KB, 800x400
how to lower cortisol?
>>
>>35536282
Get off all stimulants, like fat-burners, pre-workout and caffeine.
>>
>>35536282
stress less.
>>
I'm cutting heavily to remove as much as possible my gut & love handles, while lifting and benefitting from newbie gains.

1. Is that my best option? Cut now, minimize the gut, and then progressively clean bulk?

2. My OHP 5x5 has stalled five times now, just can't make any progress on it while cutting. Would it make sense for me to switch to 3x5 until I end my cut?
>>
Can anyone suggest routines to move on to after doing stronglifts or starting strength? What ones do people normally follow afterwards?
>>
>>35533964
It's really tough for women, especially shorter ones, who already have pretty low calorie needs just to maintain current weight. My wife went through the same thing; she hates me for my 3000 maintenance level. What worked for her: do NOT lower daily Kcals below 1200 - that's just insane - instead increase your calorie needs with lots of vigorous cardio. Run, swim, bike - pick your poison, but not light stuff like walking - aim for three one hour sessions / week.

That should get you to losing around 1kg / week (on average! it's not linear) - you don't want to go any faster than that anyway.
>>
>>35536623
>It's really tough for women, especially shorter ones, who already have pretty low calorie needs just to maintain current weight.
True. I'm a 5'4 girl and before I started working out my maintenance calories were pathetically low -- 1,500. Now they're 1,900. Thank God.
>>
How much should I expect to pay for an olympic bar?

Related, is 85 bucks a good deal for one brand new? I can't get a good guage from online shopping and craigslist
>>
When lifting, using those smaller bars with fixed weights instead of olympic barbells with plates will affect my workouts in a negative way?

Pic related
>>
>>35536683
Depends what exercise for. I use them for OHP or curls or shit like that because I'm weak.

But if you use them for squats, eventually they'll get too heavy for you to lift up and onto your back.
>>
According to scoobys muscle gain calculator at 6'0" the maximum lean body mass for me is 170lb
Now right now I'm cutting at 150lb estimated 16% bf
That puts my lean mass at 126lb
I thought the natty limit was around 25lb of muscle gains based on genetics?
Is this because I'm still in puberty? I tell my family my weight with them knowing I'm trying to lose weight and they act like I'm a starving Ethiopian.
>>
>>35536777

> I tell my family my weight with them knowing I'm trying to lose weight and they act like I'm a starving Ethiopian.
Lol same, I hint a bit at trying to lose weight and my family drops their shit. Why do people think that we either want to become skeletons or fat sacks of shit?
>>
>>35536777

Honestly if I were 6'0" 150lb I wouldn't worry about cutting.

I honestly think bulking and cutting are pointless for natties, but if you're gonna pick one you should really be bulking at that weight
>>
What do curl bars weigh? There is one at my gym (Snap fitness Australia) and i forgot the name of the producer that was on it so i cant look it up
>>
>>35537151
stand on a scale and weigh yourself, then stand on it with the bar
>>
Any motivation to go beyond 2pl8 squat? I'd rather get my other lifts like bench to 2pl8 rather than go for 3pl8 squat.
>>
File: 0000.jpg (50 KB, 900x604) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
50 KB, 900x604
I can't curl 15kg
I've tried gaining strength but I don't have equipment do to something like SS or 5x5

does going nuts with reps, like 5x20 on 10kg build strength? I tried doing 5x5 with db curls but I lost muscle
>>
>>35536683
>aller bars with fixed weights instead of olympic barbells with plates will affect my workouts in a negative way?

Probably too low to dead on. Doing things with a curved bar-path, like curls, will be harder on your wrists. You shouldn't do explosive lifts, like power cleans or other oly lifts, with them. You can't microload them, such as go up 1 pound at a time.

But if they have enough of them to reach your goals, then go for it. Weight is weight.
>>
How do I learn how to properly squat without being eye fucked by everyone at the gym?
I can't do squats because whenever i go down, my toes lift up and all of the weigh is on my heels which makes me stumble backwards
How do I fix this?
>>
Is EC-stacks safe for someone with liver issues? Also, same for pre-workouts?
>>
>>35536130
It means that your stomach will be forced to do the extra work. I don't think it means that it will process less of the food.

Feel free to correct me on this one
>>
How do you know when you should increase weight?
>>
I i do cardio 3 times a week what do i set my activity level on scoobys calculator.

For now i just have it set to sedentary
>>
why can't i get abs /fit/?

i've been cutting for the past four months, it feels/looks like i've lost body fat on everywhere except my stomach. do i need to bump up the cardio? i've been eating 2500~ calories a day.
>>
>>35537370
If you lift, hen you're skelly or very ripped.
If normie, calculate your BMI and go from there.
>>
>>35537254
I have a rep scheme of 10kg 3x5>3x10>2x5+15kg 1x5> 15kg 3x5 whenever I'm struggling to add weight to curls. Chin-ups help as well and different variations of curls help.
>>
>>35537378
Stop drinking beer
>>
Are there any good legal test boosters? I recently bought this but it hasn't come yet
http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/products/test-max-360g.html
>>
>>35537378
I'm a skelly fuck and still can't see my abs. That is the last spot on your body that drops fat basically.
>>
>>35537419
You also need muscles, skelly. Don't skip abs day
>>
>>35536445
Bump
>>
Yo. I used to lift twice a week but life got in the way and it's been a few years.

After an injury my posture is really fucked up. Am I just going to damage myself more if I try to get back into it before my posture is 100% fixed?
>>
>>35537497
Lifting fixes your posture.
Just don't try to get back to the weights you used to push too quickly.
>>
>>35537377
k
>>
File: 3dede71c3c4ebef2dc2116bf1daec34c.png (268 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3dede71c3c4ebef2dc2116bf1daec34c.png
268 KB, 1920x1080
>>35537449
I'm trying, I put some accesories to my leg day, I just finished it a couple hours ago.

/fit/ told me the main compounds train my abs as well but I don't know what to think anymore.
>>
I'm new to lifting and i've been playing around with some weights for some time. Decided it's time to take a step ahead and will try out SS.

The question is, will SS make me t-rex mode?
>>
>>35537529
That's a meme. Train abs.
>>
>>35537531
Add some accessory lifts and you'll be fine. Stuff like pullups, dips, l-sits... All good exercise to work as well
>>
>>35537531
Only if you never stop. Evaluate your own progress, and change program when you feel it's enough, before you reach t-rex mode.
>>
>>35537543
No.
>>35537529
It is enough for most people.
http://startingstrength.com/articles/abs_rippetoe.pdf
>>
Skinnyfat here. My goal is to reduce my body fat but not necessarily lose weight.

Is it sufficient to simply reduce the fat intake in my diet without a calorie deficit?
>>
>>35537384
>15kg 1x5> 15kg 3x5

so, 15kg 4x5? that's some odd formatting
>>
>>35537568
No. Fat in your diet doesn't really correlate with fat on your body, except in the sense that fat has more calories per gram than other macronutrients.

Eat less, move more, and start lifting if lower bodyfat is your goal.
>>
>>35537560
>I fell for the meme
>>
>>35537515
Thanks
>>
>>35537602
You're welcome
>>
>>35537331
Anyone?
>>
>>35537600
If fat in diet doesn't correlate to fat in the body, how do skinnyfats come to exist? My understanding was eating at a deficit with too much fat in the diet. Isn't it logical that reducing the fat will reverse the effect regardless of calorie intake?
>>
Just gone back into lifting after a almost 3 week break due to a back sprain.
Am leaving weighted squats out of the equation from now on...
Also, I tend to lift dumbbells off the floor at home and use both hands to support the weight (one arm press) is anything compromised by doing it that way?
>>
>>35537686
>how do skinnyfats come to exist?
Because they have very little to no muscle but have fat.
>>
>>35537708
So then it is true that fat in diet correlates to fat in body, considering skeletons exist who have both no muscle and low fat.
>>
>>35537737
Broscience bro, pls shush
Skellies with no muscle and no fat is just that. Skellies.
If a skinnyfat looses all fat, they become skellies. You see now?
>>
>>35537755
I'm sorry, I'm the broscientist?...
My question is totally logical: if I cut dietary fat without necessarily a calorie deficit will I lose body fat percentage.

I was met with bro science which is defined by its absence of both evidence or immediate logical connection, told fat in diet does not correlate to fat in body. I'm not saying the answer I was given is wrong, I'm asking for it to be explained to me so I can understand. Something must explain why skinnyfats, skeletons and planets have different composition - if it isn't dietary fat I want to know, but everything I'm told goes against the original answer.
>>
>>35537790
>if I cut dietary fat without necessarily a calorie deficit will I lose body fat percentage.

The answer is no, you need a calorie deficit. The macronutrient distribution is not very relevant.

Read the sticky (protip: the "counting calories" section).
>>
>>35537790
Dietary fat plays a role, but body chemistry is very complicated. It would be futile to discuss it further on a Ugandan Sock knitting board. You'll get more from google, unfortunately.
I would recommend cutting some fats but not all, and do a deficit.
Remember that a deficit is tested and tried and will give direct results, while doing nothing but cutting dietary fats is a lot more sketchy and even if it will give results it will go a lot slower.

btw I did the fat cutting thing for years and still stayed skinnyfat, so...
>>
HELLO

I fucked up my neck doing something stupid last night. mild neck strain combined with some gnarly and unexpected DOMS.
>unexpected
>drinking vodka tonics post workout
whatever.

hurts to bend my neck forward or side to side, the pain's all at the center back of my neck

today is bench day/push day- should I lift heavy like I want to or will I snap it
>Bench 3x5
>Incline Bench 5x5
>OHP 5xF

I already tried a push up and that sucked but won't the bench support me better?
>>
>>35537856
Thanks. I think I will do the deficit thing then given your response. I have broken DYEL but starting from skinnyfat still kept grotesque belly which I assumed was from ignoring my macronutrient ratio. Guess I will have to sacrifice progress to cut the belly fat then if I can't be on a mild bulk with strict macros
>>
>>35536369
1. I'd say cut mildly not heavily - safer in the gym. In particular because your calorie needs will shoot up as your lifts improve.

2. I know for me OHP was the first thing I had to switch to 3x5, so, sure. Also YouTube some form videos. With feeer sets it's a little easier to 'cheat'. Keep that back straight!!
>>
File: 1452116779172.jpg (108 KB, 640x597) Image search: [Google]
1452116779172.jpg
108 KB, 640x597
>>35537331
>>35537649
Halp. Bumping with floofy thing.
>>
File: 1452249790698.jpg (192 KB, 1351x505) Image search: [Google]
1452249790698.jpg
192 KB, 1351x505
Which form of SS should I follow:
http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html

or

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program#The_Starting_Strength_.283rd_Ed.29_Novice_Program
>>
>>35536648
The r9k-ers who think grils have life on easy mode miss that detail.
> Welcome to 21st Century industrial civilisation!
> Look at all this food we have! Food from all around the world! So much variety and flavour, for cheaper than it's ever been in history, beyond the dreams of ancient kings!
> Only your daily allowance is less than the calories in one whole chicken, and if you exceed it you'll bloat out and everyone will despise you.
Do not envy.
>>
Relatively new here, but what's the name of the website where you enter your max stats, and it gives you the image of a guy, and the different colours represent how experienced you are at those lifts?
>>
>>35537327
That's an odd one, most people have the opposite problem. Lean forward more? Check bar position against some YouTube videos? Read the squat chapters in Starting Strength?
>>
I haven't done anything remotely like exercise since 2010 and just started going to the nearby gym 5 weeks back, but I'm already having to put down larger weights in my book and increase reps. Did I just set them too low at the start or is this easier than I thought?
>>
>>35538022
Buy the actual book on Amazon and read it through. Go ahead and find a PDF online but only after you've ordered the book. You will thank yourself.
>>
>>35538084
Just follow your program - it'll get harder soon enough!
>>
>>35532606
Do you guys take protein shakes every day or just on lifting days?

>inb4 Anno Domini 2016 taking proton shakes
>>
>>35538084
You start low so that you can practice your form and comfortably find your proper work weight. Feel free to speed up the progression if the current weights do nothing for you.
>>
Test
>>
>>35538130
Every day when I don't hit my protein macro goal
>>
File: 1452192384092.jpg (97 KB, 956x500) Image search: [Google]
1452192384092.jpg
97 KB, 956x500
I have puffy nips but no gland underneat. Does this mean I have to lower my bodyfat until they appear completely gone? And if so, does it mean that I have to maintain that low bf until for now on?

I don't want to cut to be a hungry skeleton when I am not satisfied with my muscle mass yet.

What should I do?

Pic related is how they look. The guy's name is Mateus Verdelho, and in other pictures you can see that he is quite lean and they still protude. I don't know if he has true gyno, but I can't find stories of people online in my situation.

Any help?
>>
>>35538022
>>35538097
I don't want to get into it, but I can't do anytime in the near future. please advise (between the two versions) for now?
>>
Does it matter if I buy my meat frozen or fresh? Stuff like beef is way too expensive fresh here
>>
Trainer at my gym says that I've fucked up my back with improper OHP form.

Says that the muscles in my back are fusing together.

Offered to give me a massage to show me what he meant. Pressed around for a bit, stuck a finger lightly in one area, and I was suddenly wracked with pain.

OHP has always been a problem lift for me, but I never felt pain while doing it. I was dying when he was pushing into my shoulder.

He's offering to show me how to properly lift, foam roll, and do some massage therapy for quite a bit of money. Is this legit, am I being scammed, can I learn this on my own, and is there even a risk of shoulder muscles 'fusing' if your OHP form is off?
>>
>>35538233

help, /fit/!
>>
>>35538233
>>35538357

bigger, clearer pic
>>
File: 1327388716147.png (2 KB, 196x171) Image search: [Google]
1327388716147.png
2 KB, 196x171
how important is stretching when you're a DYEL? Is there a guide to follow? When am I supposed to stretch? Can it be anytime or should it be immediately after a workout?
>>
>>35538276
If you don't know the guy, then don't accept. No matter what, if he's offering a "premium" service and you don't know him, it ain't worth shit.

Talk to your doctor instead.
>>
I'm bulking, eating alright, sleeping alright (about 7 hours of sleep a night) and yet I still feel kinda drained. I get through my job and workout alright but when it comes to doing something else I just feel like I can't be bothered. Feeling like I have no energy or will to do anything else and yet I'm 24, I should be going out all the time and doing stuff. I'm thinking it may be a nutritional thing. Maybe I'm not getting something from my food, that I need. Vitamin D or something. What deficiencies may cause this?
>>
>>35532606
is swimming really superior for calorie burn?? is it that much better than running? is it worht the effort ?
>>
>>35538391
Post your routine, diet, and when you go to bed.
>>
>>35538391
Could be depression honestly. Personally doing 500mg test E / week fixes my over-sleeping and energy problems.
Try roiding brah
>>
>>35538407
SS-esque program. Diet's grains, meat, fruit, vegetables, milk, milk products, etc. 2-3 coffees a day. No protein powder or preworkout or creatine or sth like that. Go to bed between 22-23 in the evening and wake up weekdays at 7.

>>35538412
may be depression, but lifting is what keeps me away from those thoughts. As for roids - nah, brah, but thanks.
>>
>>35538468
>Diet's grains, meat, fruit, vegetables, milk, milk products, etc. 2-3 coffees a day

I mean macros man. Calories? Protein? Fat? etc.
>>
>>35538481
Shit. Of course.
About 3400kcal (6foot2 or 188cm and 210lbs or 96kg), and I aim to get 130-170g of protein. Don't pay close attention to the other macros, but usually I get enough fats, carbs and too much sugar (that's cause of milk and fruit mostly. I don't eat candy at all basically).
>>
File: mossy frog.jpg (100 KB, 880x587) Image search: [Google]
mossy frog.jpg
100 KB, 880x587
>>35537331
>>35537649
>>35538020
Third bump is the charm. Less floofy thing this time.
>>
>>35538516
Jesus christ, why so much food? Surely your TDEE doesn't call for all of that.

Actually, checking that, it seems like you're way over-eating. The most you should bulk with is like a 500-600 calorie bulk man. You're going well over 1000 calories, jesus christ.
>>
>>35538568
EC doesn't seem to affect the liver, probably harder on your kidneys than anything else. Just drink water and you should be fine.

Don't try to speed up those doses though. Follow the hot'n'fit guide and keep on it for 10 weeks. Cycle for 2 weeks so you don't get addicted to caffeine.

And stay away from HIIT
>>
My chest is causing me stress. Been lifting about a year and a half on a permabulk. If I cover my torso it looks like I lift in my arms and shoulders and legs, but when my chest is uncovered it just looks like I don't lift at all.
My bench is in line with my other lifts, not lagging or anything. I don't do flyes because they hurt my shoulders. How do I get these fuckin pecs to grow?
>>
>>35538614
eh, i'm 6'4 and 215 (193 cm and 97kg) and I eat about 4300 cal/day. ~310p 125f 400c as a rough estimate. This is a 500 over maintenance bulk for me so 3400 sounds about right for that guy.
>>
>>35538636
Thanks bro. Appreciate it.
>>
>>35538614
What calculator are you using?
And anyway, at my activity level this calorie intake results in about a 1 - 1.5kg weight gain a month, which is okay for a bulk. According to my calculations my caloric surplus is somewhere around 300kcal or at least that's what I aim for.
>>
When do you measure your one max rep?

For me it seems like losing a day of training..
>>
If the optimal for muscle growth is 8-12 reps

why do most routines here, even the one supposedly for aesthetics indicate 4-8 reps?
>>
>>35537396
Bump
>>
>>35538658

Make it a light day. Warm up, work up to your max, and then do a few lighter sets afterward. You're not going to be able to do a full routine, as the 1RM will tire you out, but you'll still get something in.
>>
>>35538656
>What calculator are you using?
This one http://tdeecalculator.net/
The IFYM one always crashes on me if I have adblock on and has a bazillion spam ads on it if I don't.

>>35538646
Aren't you not supposed to put exercise into TDEE due to innacuracies in calories burned during weights?
>>
Can skipped meals affect my gains? My mom is on vacation and I'm alone and can't cook for shit so sometimes I just skip a meal or eat some bullshit can this affect my gym productivity?
>>
>>35538658
More than a day if you're testing it properly desu.
If you're a beginner, you wont test your 1rm. Period. If you're an intermediate, you'll rarely test it but it depends on your routine.

In general, test it if you're starting a routine that requires one and you're not comfortable using a calculated max, or if you're actually doing a competition.

>>35538681
The optimal range for muscle growth is dependant on training history, diet, and a number of other factors. You should be training in both of those rep ranges, for different reasons. Also, a beginner will get better returns by getting their absolute max up, then switching to a higher rep range when they move more weight than by using a higher rep range right from the start.

>>35538682
No there aren't. Anything that has actually held up to a clinical trial is illegal.
>>
>be me
>enjoying sweet noob gains combined with dbol
>new haircut
>visit senpai
>cousin (15) exclaims "pecs" and feels my chest for 10-20 seconds
>asks if I've been working out
>flex arm "you tell me"
>"oh my god"
>holds my arm as we walk along the street with her friend later that day
>touches my abs at dinner
>"solid"
>>
>>35538739
this is either the start of a great porno or the beginning of a family collapse.
>>
>>35538704
TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) literally means 'what my body burns through my activity" - BMR (basal metabolic rate) is calories expended without accounting for activity. and no calculator is ever going to be perfect because the formulas they use are based on averages, not individuals. If he's gaining 1-1.5kg per month, his intake is fine regardless of what the calculator says. If he's missing anything, it's a micronutrient, but that doesn't look to be the case given what he's posted so far.

When I've felt like you're describing in the past, it was either adrenal fatigue (too many stimulants) which just goes away after not using stimulants, or poor -quality- sleep. Make sure you're making the most of those hours you're asleep; dark, cool room. No ambient noise or lights (TV, laptop, etc.) personally have sleep apnea, and I absolutely feel the way you're describing if I dont use my CPAP machine at night. Talk to your doctor maybe?

>>35538725
One meal in a vacuum doesn't mean shit, just like one healthy meal or one day of dieting isnt going to turn a fatass into a fitness model. It's when things become a pattern that it's a problem.

But you should learn to cook. It's a really important skill toi have.
>>
can I do farmer's walk with a dumbbell?

How far should I walk and what weight should I use if I never have done it before?
>>
Is swimming really superior for calorie burn
>>
DYEL here
Been doing push-ups every 2nd day, my pecs still feel sore today after doing push-ups yesterday though, should I wait another day or does the pain not really signify anything?
>>
>>35538375
Yo, anyone? I want to know this shit.
>>
>>35538826
Yes, but it won't be as effective as with actual farmers handles. You get more core work when the weight is out in front of you, and more grip work when the handle is larger. Plus you can load them better, and they knock into your legs less.

Doesn't matter, change it up. Short distances with very heavy weights and moderate distances with moderate weights both have their own benefits.
>>
>>35538836
does not really mean anything, the DOMS should go away with time
>>
>>35538836
>my pecs still feel sore
>does the pain not really signify anything?
Now is it pain or soreness? Those are very different things. Soreness is just gonna be there when you start, nothing you can do to prevent it. It'll go away.

If it's sharp pain, then stop. You injured something and it needs to heal.
>>
Are supersets worth it?

I feel like I should be able to bench far more than I am now, but I also do dumbbell flys while I bench. Would I be able to bench more if I wasn't supersetting flys?
>>
>>35538833
Superior to what?

The best workout is the one you stick with. That said, swimming is probably more time-efficient than running or rowing or cycling.

>>35538836
Soreness is not an indicator of progress. But doing pushups every second day isnt a very effective routine, you should read the sticky.

>>35538844
exactly HOW important depends on how immobile and injury prone you are to begin with, but it's "worth it" for everyone, just moe worth it for some than others.

You can stretch any time but after workout (not immediately, just any time that's not right before your workout) is preferable. As for a routine, you're just as capable of using google as I am, and this isn't really something you're going to hurt yourself with.
>>
>>35538854
How much is too much walking though? My gym has an indoor track, is it too much to walk a half mile?
>>
>>35538922
It depends what you're training for. If youre looking at it for strongman, you're going to be seeing a lot more in the 30-100m range in my experience - but find a competition you're interested in doing, they should post their events (weight and distance) online most of the time.

If you're just doing it for grip training, anything you can carry that long isnt taxing you enough to have any carry over to much else.

If you're just looking for cardio, there are ways that are easier on the joints.

In general, yes half a mile is too much. I would say 200m is an upper limit.
>>
>>35538970
I'm mostly just trying to get bigger forearms. What weight would you recommend for someone who just hit the 1/2/3/4 benchmark?
>>
File: 1433758052551.png (494 KB, 658x732) Image search: [Google]
1433758052551.png
494 KB, 658x732
>>35536177
Really, my burger friend? Tell me more about my own continent, I am intrigued, mostly because it's not like that at all.
>>
>>35538918
>Superior to what?
im talking about more calories per minute

the thing is i perceive running as a much harder excersise, even tough after swimming im much more tired
>>
>>35538891
Supersets are good for saving time on a few assistance movements at the end your session, but not on your main lifts. You're expending effort and exhausting muscles on two things instead of one, so obviously you struggle more. If you want to bench more, you need to bench more, and more often.
>>
>>35534483
Massage can help with back pain. However if your back doesn't usually hurt, only when he presses a certain spot, then you probably have acid build-up in your muscle, and that's normal, everyone has it.
>>
>>35538048
symmetricstrength.com
>>
What's a good weight routine that doesn't involve ankle usage?
>>
What are some good alternatives for Weightlifting Shoes? I'm from Argentina and I doubt I will find propper WL footwear so Im looking for something similar, I've heard Converse are good since they have flat bottom but what else should they have to be good for weight lifting?
>>
>>35537865

SHOULD I BENCH WITH A NECK STRAIN U GUISE?

>sorry for yelling
>>
Can you gain strength while on a cut? 270 lbs here, I made some improvement since I started (noob gainz) doing the big 4 lifts but now I'm slowing down, will I be able to keep gaining strength slower or is it impossible?
>>
>>35539781
You can get noobgains and a little bit of strength from tendon adaption on a cut. That's about it.
>>
>>35539604
Converses are not good because they have a flat sole (OK, this as well, but that doesn't make them in any way better than just doing your exercise barefoot). They are good because their sole doesn't give in; that is, you can feel the ground under your feet and it doesn't move. For this same reason, shoes à la Nike Air are extremely bad, as their air chambers deform and do not provide you with good support.

Weightlifting shoes are special because, in addition to extremely firm soles, they have an elevated heel; therefore giving you a better position to perform squats and derivates (essentially, with an elevated heel, your ankle mobility is less likely to be a limiting factor. Dunno if other joints are influenced as well)
>>
>>35539648
If it's so serius that it bothers u during everyday activities then I suggest you skip bench next session.

Or you could just see how it feels during the warmup sets. If it hurts or doesn't let you focus then skip. If all's good then continue. But remember, if it hurts, don't do it.
>>
>>35539899

ok thx.
>>
fatfag currently cutting. lost 15lbs so far but got another 25 to go. gf recently left me and i cant bring myself to eat everyday. is this bad?
>>
>>35539939
Yes, that is bad. Just try to get to a good weight man and keep an eye on your calories. Better to focus on other things and keep yourself busy.
>>
>>35539939
>i cant bring myself to eat everyday
well its good for your diet that you lost your appetite, but if you dont eat regularly youll go on a binge soon enough

make an effrot to eat.

dont worry youll get another bitch, all bitches are a dime a dozen, most important things in life are not sex related
>>
>From another QTDDTOT

Here is my background and question(s):
-First, I am an obese manlet, let's get that out of the way. In August of 2015 I weighted in at 250 and at 5'7 that was bad to say the last. Since then I have cut 50 lbs out of my weight getting down to a flat 200 (i've actually been +/- 2 lbs of 200 for the last 3 weeks).

I started doing Stronglifts to build a baseline for muscle but didn't do any real cardio or exercise beyond that. I have an extremely sedentary job (work from home on a computer, 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week) so I know if I am going to get down to a heathy weight (150-165) I am going to have to start doing more - be it cardio or lifting.

My 2 questions are:
(1) Is 1750 calories too low (Using a 40/30/30 split)?
(2) I am beginning to get to the edge of what I can push on Stronglifts, part of this is because I know I've been on a cut so I am happy with where I am but should I just continue on stronglifts cutting back to say 2.5lb increases instead of a full 5lb until I completely stall or should I switch programs? I was thinking of something like 5/3/1 but I was hoping to be able to stay on SL until I get to the point where I can eat maintenance or higher to max out my progress on SL. Or should I move to a hypertrophy or 3-4 day split?
3) If I stay on SL what additional weightlifting or cardio recommendations do you have to burn more? Right now I have a hard time with dips and chinups as I am still pretty overweight and can barely complete them with good enough form to justify doing them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.