[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
started reading starting strength
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: diet1.jpg (93 KB, 966x398) Image search: [Google]
diet1.jpg
93 KB, 966x398
so technical!

but i'm wondering now just how much muscle a person would gain if they're mtf. figure it's something i'll figure out on my own given time (once lifting class starts in feb), but if someone has had experience with it already i'd like to hear it.

if it matters both my test and estrogen levels are in the normal female range.
>>
As a female you are going to be at a disadvantage for gaining mass, but since you are mtf its possible that you could get on mones and that would help you a lot. So yeah, get test, lift big.
>>
File: 1428501691685.jpg (41 KB, 524x408) Image search: [Google]
1428501691685.jpg
41 KB, 524x408
>Whey protein isolate should be CFM (cross-flow micro-filtered)
>All forms of whey must be cold-processed to be healthy
>Hydrolyzed type-1 collagen
what the fuck
>>
>>35531697
get on mones? i'm on hormones already that kill test and ++estrogen. i don't want testosterone, and while i DO want to be strong and fit i don't want to get big

>>35531700
yeah i always get the hydrolyzed. easier to mix into things.
>>
>>35531659
None of these really need to be "avoided" but pretty much any kind of meat > powders, and definitely any kind of fish, regardless of mercury content. Can't believe any kind of powder is ranked above pork and chicken tbqh.
>>
>>35531752
>i DO want to be strong and fit i don't want to get big

stupid bitch
>>
>>35531753
let's agree to disagree.

>>35531771
huh? i mean a bigger butt and maybe some legs would be nice but i don't want my shoulder to look any wider than they already do. mostly just wondering what strength training will do to my body. hoping some trans girls can share their experiences.
>>
>>35531784
>i mean a bigger butt and maybe some legs would be nice but i don't want my shoulder to look any wider than they already do

typish female thinking, you are the cancer of lifting weights

by the way do you want to tone up? losing fat on belly? jesus fucking christ
>>
>>35531818
what?

i want strength for work, losing the little fat on belly, and hopefully looking better overall. need an ass so that would be amazing.
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting2.jpg (23 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting2.jpg
23 KB, 800x600
>>35531841
Im thinking you are a troll and this thread is your shitposting rain

if not, go and find a regular personal trainer on your nearest marketing gym, they know a lot about being a total pussy in the gym which is basically what you want
>>
>>35531894
i'm not a troll and i had a long thread here before. taking a "heavy resistance conditioning" class that starts in february to learn the basics, then plan to do gym in the summer. hopefully i can find a gym without people.
>>
>>35531784
> trans girls
Wait, so are you a girl or trans? If you were born a man you'll always be one fyi.
>>
>>35531659
what the fuck is wrong with beans?
>>
>>35531928
i'm mtf trans. trans girl. born physically male.

>>35531951
oh they were going on about phytates
>>
>>35532032
Oh okay my apologies, I completely misread the mtf in your OP. Was only being rude because I didn't comprehend well enough, sorry man. I don't know enough to help, but will give this thread a bump.
>>
>>35532212
lol thanks. so are you like a part-time asshole?
>>
>>35532240

It's easy to get mad when noobs come in with no clue and say stuff like "how 2 get toned?" or "I donut want 2 b bulky."

Hang out for a while, you'll get that way too. Better yet watch Ripps vids on barbell training to see what real frustation looks like.
>>
>>35532311
i was talking more about the transphobia but yeah. hopefully i get to where i'm annoyed with noobs! kind of excited about this living well thing. been eating clean and moving, lost like 30lbs without even heading to the gym. just a tiny bit of belly fat left to go! then it will be time to get serious about strength++
>>
>>35532400

Just as an example, you can lift much more than you think without getting "big".

These girls all lift respectable wieght, and would qualify for unusual my normie standards.
>>35531167
>>35531157
>>35531116
>>
>>35532494

*Wouldn't be unsual

Fuck, I'm tired. Sorry.
>>
File: butt routine 2.png (396 KB, 875x650) Image search: [Google]
butt routine 2.png
396 KB, 875x650
>>35531659

It's not that bad. I mean, it is bad, but if you stick with it you will see great results after 4 or so months. I have lower test levels than a natural female, and I was still able to go from skellington mode to building nice thighs and a very nice butt. Also, got relatively strong on my squats and cleans.

I don't recommend SS since it has lots of upperbody work, and that will increase the width of your shoulders.

I wrote pic related specifically for someone who's not gonna work upperbody at all.
You might wanna add cleans/power cleans after you learn the ropes of how to squat properly. They are really fun and won't really build much upperbody mass at all.

And while most people on /fit/ will say you can work upperbody just fine, it won't make you big and bulky, they often don't realise that shoulder width is a major problem and concern as a mtf, while not being a concern at all for a natural female. You wanna make them look as narrow as possible, and building upperbody mass is not the way to go.
>>
>>35532494
i know that's the case for cis girls but i'm NOT cis girl so kinda worried :P
>>
>>35532545
wow thanks! you're incredible. i was kind of wanting to get strong all over for work (lots of lifting people), but don't want to risk the wide shoulders. out of curiosity, did you try upperbody stuff while HRT? i'm gonna try the upper body at least while in class ofc and maybe some after just to see what happens. is there a chance i won't get big, i wonder? :/

but hey you're the best

idk what all those things are in pic but i'm saving for when i do know.
>>
Why did you want to be a girl if you wanted to start lifting?
>>
>>35532777
lol is this a joke.

i don't really have a huge interest in lifting and def don't want to "get big", but i want to get fit and be healthy. everyone says lifting is best way to achieve this (and achieve actual ass) so i'm doing it. honestly terrified of this class and the gym later on but i'm doing it, dammit.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.