[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bros, finally convinced my brother to start lifting and exercising.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: picard.jpg (163 KB, 664x441) Image search: [Google]
picard.jpg
163 KB, 664x441
Bros, finally convinced my brother to start lifting and exercising. He is 6'5 and 425 lbs. I took him to the gym and we did some isolations. (He didn't feel comfortable with squats/deadlifts yet.) We also do 30 minutes of cardio. (Walking.) Any more ways I can help him? He has lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks. I know he should be losing a lot more but it's a start. He's also surprisingly athletic for his size.
>pic related this guy is 6-5 400 lbs
>>
>>35527976
Also want to say that he is socially anxious so the fact that he is even going to the gym is a great start.
>>
Find his tee and have him eat like 600 less
>>
>>35528093
I hate phones, TDEE*
>>
>>35528093
Thanks. I did tell him that but he seemed hesitant and I didn't want him to not do anything so I said, "you can still eat like shit and lose weight because of the enormous amount of food that you have to eat to be that weight". So I guess I'll talk to him about this again.
>>
>>35527976
bump
>>
>>35528089
>meme disorder
Diet to answer your question
>>
>>35529667
Well he won't leave the house. Has no friends. So that's what I mean. It was a big deal for him to go to gym with me.
>>
I would work on cardio first, and in the process, getting him out of the house more, too. Getting his confidence up can help a lot.
>>
>>35529692

social skills is all about practice. i started dating a girl in high school and became socially retarded because over the years i slowly stopped socializing and the only person i consistently saw was my gf.
>>
>>35527976
if he can change his diet, he'll be golden. That's the major part of losing fat.
>>
>>35529940
He can fake it if he has to but I think because of his weight he doesn't want to because I mean people look at him. He's fat but also taller than everyone else. I think him going with me gives him a little practice.
>>
>>35529979
Hm, to simplify I kind of told him just to eat less. I told him it didn't matter what it was for right now. (Although I did emphasize protein.)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.