[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The universe does not want me to lift >found boxing and muay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
The universe does not want me to lift
>found boxing and muay thai after high school. Loved it to heart.
>started missing practice so I can weightlift
>485lbs deadlift, 4plate squat, 275lbs bench, 3plate weighted dips, 1 hour cardio, 255lbs clean, 235lbs jerk, 155lbs snatch. At 165lbs hydrated.
>lose all my amateur fights
>coach blames weightlifting
>I blame my mentality during fights and pre fight dehydration fucking me over
>lever belt breaks
>suddenly a shit load of people wanna squat and deadlift and shit. Never get to work with a good barbell anymore at the gym.
The universe wants me to stop lifting and go do boxing
What do?
>>
>>35519890
He's partially right, it's not like lifting metal caused you to lose all your fights but the fact that you're losing all your fights shows you need to change your priorities and put lifting on the back burner.
>>
>>35520092
Don't listen to this idiot

First off it's amateur so don't get too stressed about it

Second lifting won't hurt you, but the moron I quoted had a bit of a point in priorities, if you're losing all your fights there is likely something wrong with your technique

If you do cardio make jumping rope your staple
>>
File: d03.jpg (53 KB, 608x800) Image search: [Google]
d03.jpg
53 KB, 608x800
>tfw you're too good looking to box
>>
Lifting is a waste of time if you're a fighter.
>>
File: delahoyafishnets640.jpg (57 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
delahoyafishnets640.jpg
57 KB, 876x493
>>35520641
>tfw you're too good looking not to box
>>
File: fregge.jpg (23 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
fregge.jpg
23 KB, 446x362
>>35520641
It certain cases broken noses /scars on your face can be aesthetic

>you will never have a bad ass scar over your eye
>>
>>35520650
>getting stronger is useless in a situations in which it is advantageous to be strong
>>
>>35520641
>tfw you're a 8/10 but you're going bald so you do boxing anyway coz who cares about looking pretty when you're bald

it feel okay man
>>
>>35520716
it's not really an advantage to be strong in fighting though, it's just about technique and endurance
>>
>>35520780
you wouldn't understand this unless you've actually boxed though
>>
>>35519890

You're losing all your fights and you think the universe wants you to keep fighting? Maybe you just fucking suck at boxing and the universe wants you to stop boxing.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.