[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kyphosis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: kyphosis.jpg (34 KB, 500x726) Image search: [Google]
kyphosis.jpg
34 KB, 500x726
Ok, I was your stereotypical IT nerd who was that fat-skinny. My back is all fucked up, pretty sure I got minor kyphosis, and my shoulder blades always fucking hurt. I've been working out for 6 months now, I did stronglifts 5x5. I got my squat up to 200lbs, got my bench up to 160lbs, my deadlift up to 160 and barbell row up to 125lbs. Take into consideration I had zero muscles when I started, couldn't even squat 80lbs. I really want to fix my back and get off the 5x5, should I just start rowing like a motherfucker? I started doing face-pulls, T-bar and seal rows, will developing my upper back and lower back muscles assist in fixing minor kyphosis?
>>
>>35507829
Same thing here. Trying to fix it but it just ends up making my upper back hurt
>>
>>35507829
If its postural kyphosis, then yes. But this is as long as you're using proper posture and form during your exercises. Make sure you're 100% on point op, and work on your posture outside of working out, it's the only way.
However, if the kyphosis is due to deformation of the spine, you truly are fucked. At least working your back out will decrease the strain put on your spine, so there's that.
>>
There're a lot of videos for fixing forward head posture and other issues.
>>
File: 1432600650520.gif (993 KB, 317x178) Image search: [Google]
1432600650520.gif
993 KB, 317x178
>>35507968
No, definitely postural kyphosis. I've been working in IT since I was 16. LOTS of desk jobs, lots of computer jobs. I'm 25. Hopefully not too old to fix this. I am obsessed with form. If I'm not working, studying or lifting, I'm literally watching videos of people performing correct form during exercises. So row row row my ass hard up the stream? Is incorporating back exercises into every workout routine over kill? Honestly my back feels amazing since I've been doing it. Its only been a week, but I was freaking out that I might be increasing the problem as opposed to fixing it. Also, I found a vid where a guy is doing curl ups using a foam roller on the floor. I dont know about you guys, but if you have a desk job all day, this totally opens up my thorax and i can feel alllll my thoracic spine just snap crackle and pop, and feels oh so good. If anyone else has good exercises or stretch routines primarily for postural kyphosis, i'd be much obliged.
>>
>>35507999
Yeah I've watched a lot and I do some of their stretching routines. My primary question was if developing my upper back muscles and lower back muscles will assist in fixing the problem or only worsen my situation.
>>
>>35507829
Do 10 scap push-ups as a warm up before training. I'd also recommend doing some yoga.
>>
>>35507829
make sure your hips and glutes arent weak as well
start rowing and doing more back exercises, focus less on chest
make sure your conscious of your posture
>>
>>35508121
I can back squat, with proper form, 200lbs, don't know if that makes my hips or glutes strong? Only chest exercise I do is regular bench press and that's every other day. I will check out scap push-ups immediately.
>>
>>35508035
It won't fix it. I have kyphosis too and thought lifting would fix it. I'm out of DYEL mode, lifting 1/2/3/4 now, but the bad posture is still there. Although I suspect mine may be structural, I've had a slouch since 1st grade.

I think for posture, you can't just do exercises and expect it to fix itself. You have to proactively think about and maintain good posture throughout the day. I always notice that I have decent posture in the gym because there are mirrors everywhere and I can see whenever I am slouching. However once I leave the gym, I revert to being Mr. Burns.
>>
>>35508333
That sucks dude. I don't think mine is structural. I see photos of when I was younger and I didn't have anything like that, and my back, especially upper back just started hurting a lot. Does anyone know why when I consciously hold correct posture, my upper back begins to hurt? Is that because my body is so not used being in that posture, or weak tissue/muscles? I agree though I'm sure 90% of it involves being 100% conscious about your posture.
>>
>>35508374
Could be tight chest muscles. If they are always tight(for years), and your upper back always relaxed, your back muscles might not be developed enough to continuously counter the base tension of your chest. I have this mildly, doing that superman ground pose helps, and of course stretching your chest/front delts.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.