[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw sick for over a week now What do you guys do when you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: tf.png (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tf.png
31 KB, 400x400
>tfw sick for over a week now
What do you guys do when you sick?
I'm scared of all the gains I am losing.
>>
>>35507628
i cant be the only nonfaggot guy on this board who lifts even hes sick
>>
>>35507642
You don't end up getting sicker and feeling even more like shit the next day?
>>
Unless you are so sick that you can't get to the gym, you should go to the gym.
>>
>>35507747
>>35507642
>THESE GUYS IGNORING THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS. REST.

>>35507703
Once you are 95% better, go back to lifting.
>>
Well I stayed home for 2 weeks and when I returned to the gym there were no notable strength loses. Just eat well and keep protein high
>>
>>35507628
Been sick for almost 2 weeks and been going to the gym all along
>>
Need that lipton soup son
>>
>>35507628
Cardio will speed up healing. Don't do HIIT or anything crazy obviously, but light cardio improves circulation and the blood flow will supply nutrients/white blood cells more efficiently. I know cardio kills gains but its better than complete inactivity and a longer cold
>>
>>35507787
I am not denying the importance of rest. I am denying the need to skip out on the gym to get that rest. Most people have rest days built into their routine. Additionally, you can go to bed early on both rest and gym days, maybe even sleep in if you are a student on break, a NEET, whatever.

If you are not so sick that making it to the gym is impossible, it is in your best interest to exercise (assuming your illness is something normal, like a cold or other bug).

There is no shame in making your workout light, or not pushing yourself as hard as you would when totally healthy, but skipping over a head cold or a cough is pretty stupid.
>>
>>35507642
>>35507747
If it's just a cold I usually feel better after some light lifting and cardio.
>>
>>35507876
I haven't had a cold since I started doing cardio every day (1 year). Is this why? If so, cool!
>>
>>35507919
Yeah good cardiovascular system boosts the shit out of your immunity cuz the blood moves way faster.
>>
go to gym fag, wanna lose all your gain and look like the skinny faggot fucking you were?
>>
>>35507950
How did you know I was skinny?
>>
>>35508082
You post to /fit/ about your cold
>>
>>35508117
I could have been fat.
>>
>>35508117
legitimate concern bacteria is gains goblin
>>
Tfw your appetite diminishes while sick + throat hurts like hell

Gains=gone ?
>>
Wait it out. Muscle doesn't deteriorate that quickly. If anything, you took a week off, which is recommended anyways.
>>
>>35508144
Much rarer to find a fat noobie than a skinny one desu senpai

Skinny people in general are more likely to want to change themselves by liftan
>>
Your body needs the rest, you'll come back stronger
Trust me
>>
>>35508185
P O R R I D G E
O
R
R
I
D
G
E
>>
>>35508197
Don't lie. It was a lucky guess.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.