[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Help me fit, I can only bench press with no weight on the bar.
How do improve how much I can bench press?
Any specific exercises?
Also I can't keep my heels on the ground when I squat, is there a way to fix that?
>>
>>35505610
bump
>>
>>35505610
Start doing pushups, preferably on your knuckles as this will improve wrist strength
>>
>>35505610
That sounds like either extremely low flexibility or just a shitty form in squat, try goblet squats before moving to barbell. Fit bench if you can only do 45 it's probably better for strength and innervation to just do push ups
>>
>>35505610
probably stiff ankles, i have that problem as well
what i do is stretches for the calves with the knee bent, this way you can really stretch the ankle nicely. i do 3 sets of 20 second stretches for each leg.
you might also want to stretch your quadriceps and hip flexers. basically every muscle in the leg should be pretty flexible for full RoM squats.

and for benching, just do 5x5
i would recommend full RoM on every exercise, but it requires stretching regularly as well. whatever it takes man you gotta train like a pro athlete
>>
>>35505610
If you can do the bar for reps then you should be be able to do the bar plus a few extra pounds added on for fewer reps.

When you can comfortably lift the bar plus added weight add some more weight to the bar.

Keep repeating this process indefinitely.
>>
>>35505610
Shift you ass further back when you squat, keeping it stuck out will move your centre of gravity onto your heels.

YouTube videos can demonstrate this posture that you should copy. Just practice it at home without any weight.
>>
>>35505610
Do you mean to tell me that you can't add two 2.5lb plates to the bar and bench that?

I don't believe you. That's literally the difference between 45 and 50 lbs.
>>
>>35505610
Git gud
>>
>>35505610
>Help me fit, I can only bench press with no weight on the bar.
How do improve how much I can bench press?
Keep doing bench press and do some pushups in home

>Any specific exercises?
Pushups, dumbbell bench press, dumbbell flies

>Also I can't keep my heels on the ground when I squat, is there a way to fix that?
You have thight ankle movility. Stretch your ankles and warmup your body before squatting. Check your form, your feet must slightly point outside to successfuls squats.
>>
Ground base squat until form is perfect then move to reg squat
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.