[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with negativity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 388x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 388x380
Abusive parent putting me down with shouting/verbal abuse and calling me names

How do you deal with it? I'm told I'm a skinny faggot that will never surmount to anything and that I'll probably die in the gym and will never be able to eat or build muscle

How do I find the will to not be put down to go to the gym? I've had a history of verbal abuse by parents and this is the best place to ask since /adv/ is empty
>>
>>35503741
Ok bud. Heres what you are going to do, stop listening to your parents, you need to take charge in life and move on. Stop listening to them on this shit go to the gym and work out. Over time if you keep up with it you will gradually become less skinny and more buff. Just listen to /fit/ and keep reading the sticky.
>>
>>35503741
That shit sucks bro, you just got to learn not to listen to that shit. Keep going, its worth it.
>>
>>35503741
sorry bro that is sad af.

you're going to make it, though. you seriously need to get away from them in whatever way possible and stay away. get a job, find someone to live with, or something.
>>
I'm sorry to say, but you have a family of crabs. They are pulling you down because they see success within you and are scared of you succeeding where they never could. But you're more than that, OP. You are a brilliant man who wishes to join the Gods of the gym and you rightly deserve so. Don't tell me that someone destined to be a God is going to accept the blows of those who are lesser. YOU ARE EXACTLY WHO YOU WANT TO BE AND WHO YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE! DON'T LET YOUR LOUSY PARENTS DICTATE THE FATE YOU ARE MOLDING YOURSELF! ITS YOUR LIFE, OP! SURPASS HUMANITY ON YOUR OWN JUDGMENT
>>
My parents were never supportive of anything I did infact they would put me down about everything I told them that I was interested in. So being older now I can tell you that shit will haunt you forever, if you have the money I would say move out now and never speak to them again. I moved out in my mid 20's after years of putting up with their shit and have never spoken to them since. Its the only way you will be yourself.
>>
>>35503741
Take responsibility of your own life. Own it. Take charge. Take control. Take action. Do what is necessary to reach your goals. Negativity will turn into envy. Envy will turn into denial. This will fuel their negativity and keep affecting them negatively. Their loss man. But your pride will fuel your self-esteem and you will be strong and live a fulfilled life. Self-actualised.
>>
>>35503741
get a job if you dont already have one and start saving to move the fuck out of that toxic environment

keep working out and study
youre going to make it bru
>>
Prove them wrong. Once they come back for your validation spit in their face.
>>
Brohug from anon to OP
Mine are dismissive of anything I find enjoyable and doesn't fit their value system. It's sad because we are programmed to want parental confirmation/acceptance. You are essentially torn psychologically in these type of families
>>
>>35503741
>Tell them to go fuck themselves.
Or save some money, leave, and keep them at a distance. Long distance.
>>
>>35503741
You might actually be a skinny faggot, but the journey of finding out who and what you can become can be predicted by no one. Let your actions speak even if your words must at this time remain quiet.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.