[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bunch of noob questions not covered in the sticky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Waifu.jpg (58 KB, 662x479) Image search: [Google]
Waifu.jpg
58 KB, 662x479
Male, 20 yrs, 5'9", 146 lbs, guessing 20% body fat
1. Is longer in the gym, better? I basically have 2 more weeks of nothing but free time so for the past 2 weeks so I've been in there for ~3 hrs a day. A lot of resources online say there's no need to spend that long in the gym but I feel like I can't leave until I've exhausted every muscle group I've decided to exercise. For example, today I did chest so I did 4x10 chest flies, 4x10 chest press, 4x10 bench press and 4x10 db bench press. By the time I was halfway through the 3rd set I was already having trouble finishing reps but I took a 20-30 minute break and finished it along with the 4th although I did push myself a lot. Between each exercise I did legs (leg curl, extension, and squats all 4x10) and finished each rotation with some hanging leg lifts. I also do some beginner HIIT which is basically 3 600 m sprints in ~1:50 with a minute break between each. I feel good and tired after every workout but idk if what I'm doing is superfluous, or I could be more productive with that amount of time.
My routine goes
A: Chest Legs
B: Triceps Back
C: Biceps, Shoulders, Abs

ABCABCx

2. I feel like I'm not eating enough. I am supposed to be cutting and I'm trying the intermittent fasting but often my big midday meal comes back up when I work out (which sucks). It's usually less than the recommended caloric intake and I think I'm probably consuming around 1000-1200 calories a day which is I think lower than what people recommend. The reason this concerns me is I'm not trying to fuck my metabolism and want to make sure it's ok before continuing my diet plan. How can I do this? Do I need a test?
3. Also what is /fit/'s opinion on Protein shakes while cutting.
>>
these are all indirectly covered by the sticky if you actually understand the information presented by it
>>
See the dinosaur running around at the top of the main page of fit? Click it, read, and learn.
Your routine is shit btw, but the STICKY will help with that.
>>
>>35494547
That's too much volume for a beginner. Do one of the recommended routines.

Calculate your TDEE and eat 500 kcal less. No need to complicate things.

Protein shakes are not necessary but they are useful, especially while cutting.
>>
>>35494610
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>35494645
F-A-M turns into senpai. I learn something new every day.
>>
>>35494666
really senpai
>>
>>35494547
dont cut when youre trying to make gains
>>
>>35494547
>Is longer in the gym, better?
no.

more volume as a novice = stalling on your progress = not making optimum gains.
>>
>>35495490
lies and slander.
if you are DYEL you will make strength and size gains.
Op is probably miscouting calories anyways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBzVRrdKIs
>>
>>35494547
>My routine goes
>A: Chest Legs
>B: Triceps Back
>C: Biceps, Shoulders, Abs
>ABCABCx

Did you come up with this shit yourself?
If you're going to do a 3-day split do the regular Pull/Push/Legs or similar.

>Pull: Back, biceps
>Push: Chest, delts, triceps
>Legs & abs
>>
>>35494547
1. As others have said, your routine is shit. Get on a real newb program.

2. You're going to be hungry on a cut. Especially if you keep up that ridiculous routine.

3. Protein shakes on a cut are to be used as a meal replacement.
>>
File: CS6DmU9WcAAc5pq.jpg (22 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
CS6DmU9WcAAc5pq.jpg
22 KB, 500x224
Is it worth it to fuck a flabby 35-years-old with a kid just to end an almost 3 years long dry spell due to depression?
>>
>>35495660
No
>>
>>35495660
Yes
>>
>>35495660
Maybe
>>
>>35495660
Maybe
>>
>>35495660
Reply Hazy, Try Again Later
>>
Do the 8 hour arm workout if you wanna gain an inch on your arms every day
>>
>>35495660
Maybe. How flabby?
>>
>>35495820
Shitty flabby. Like around the waist but not around the ass or tits :<
>>
File: 1407956447428.jpg (208 KB, 921x741) Image search: [Google]
1407956447428.jpg
208 KB, 921x741
>>35494547
It's obvious from your post that you didn't read the sticky; and if you read it, you didn't understand/process it. Read it again.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.